Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old May 24th, 2012, 04:14 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Book of Kirigi - Designing

Put me down for the "the card is too complex, and I think it is greatly benefited by utilizing TOUGH (like on DC's undead Grundy) rather than the current UNDEAD RESILIENCE."
Old May 24th, 2012, 04:15 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

How does Margloth's power prevent you from imagining your situation?

Tough is too boring, I would at least rather see something like this:
Undead Resilience
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from a figure without the Magical Defense special power, Kirigi always adds one automatic shield to whatever is rolled.
Old May 24th, 2012, 04:17 PM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
How does Margloth's power prevent you from imagining your situation?
With the changes, it doesn't, but it could to some people who imagine things differently. My only point was that people's imaginations are different, and the more complex a power is, the more it hinders that imagination. That is just one reason why I like TOUGH, because for years, it has served well to represent the same theme as Undead Resilience in a way where people imagine it differently and the mechanics are kept very simple.
Old May 24th, 2012, 04:24 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Having Tough on the card is very misleading. Not knowing anything about Grundy, I honestly always thought he had tougher skin or something because of the C3G card. I never related that to Grundy's undead nature.
Old May 24th, 2012, 09:19 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Cool design Margloth

I think he needs clear sight to pull this off and thought to simplify it by allowing him to use it one additional time instead of only if he inflicted a wound. He wouldn't be able to string a bunch together, but get two automatic chances anyway. But it's just a thought.

Quote:
ROPE KNIFE
After moving and before attacking, if Kirigi is not engaged, you may choose a figure within 3 clear sight spaces of Kirigi whose base is no more than 8 levels above or below Kirigi's base. Roll one attack die. If you roll a skull, you may choose to either inflict a wound on the chosen figure or place the chosen figure adjacent to Kirigi. Figures placed by Rope Knife do not take leaving engagement attacks. If Rope Knife inflicts a wound, you may continue to use this special power but no figure may receive more than one wound per turn from this special power. After using Rope Knife, Kirigi may use Rope Knife one additional time.
I agree with Tickle as Tough translates nothing about Undead to me.

I do like this, as you can get the "oh yeah, that didn't hurt me" feel when he doubles enough shields to block a real nasty attack that should have wounded him at least.

Quote:
UNDEAD RESILIENCE
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from a figure that does not have the Magical Defense special power, each shield rolled counts for one additional block.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old May 24th, 2012, 09:33 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I think you may have found the best balance for Rope Knife there Hahma. Thanks.

No real hurry on this guy so I'll let him stew for a bit and get more comments on Undead Resilience v. Tough v. Whatever.

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old May 28th, 2012, 08:14 PM

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Updated the Rope Knife verbiage.

How's this for Undead Resilience:
Any time Kirigi would receive any number of wounds, you may reduce the number of wounds by 1, to a minimum of 1.

Similar to Tough yet slightly different. Works against all attacks and against special powers, but unlike Tough he's got more of a chance to take some wounds.

Old May 28th, 2012, 08:30 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Good stuff there Margloth

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old May 29th, 2012, 05:50 AM

Me likey.
Old May 29th, 2012, 09:59 AM

2nd post updated and sent to ERB.

Old May 29th, 2012, 01:31 PM

Thanks! Your interpretation of Undead Resilience seems accurate to me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlhsl
Kirigi

An Undead Ninja??? Uh, oh.

Rope Knife
I like this ability! You can try for two wounds, or you can wound and then bring over a figure to attack (pending skull cooperation, of course).

I'm reading this to mean that if your first attempt succeeds and you use it to pull an enemy figure next to Kirigi, that engagement prevents you from using it the second time.

Undead Resilience
Nice defense ability. I imagine that follow-up damage is processed separately. Example: Human Torch (Jim Hammond) delivers 3 wounds with Fireball, then makes 2 skulls for an additional 2 wounds. That would mean 2 wounds (3-1) plus 1 wound (2-1).

Final Thoughts
I love the design. Both the offense and defense abilities are creative, and he'll make a lovely addition to any haunted dojo.

Old May 29th, 2012, 04:07 PM

Thanks. He's a somewhat minor character from Daredevil, a Hand Ninja who is resurrected. He's quite tough, as Elektra stabs him several times and lights him on fire to no effect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg
Hi, Margloth. Got a pile of work today, but have to respond to this fun design, even if briefly:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margloth
Thanks guys!

Background:

NAME = Kirigi

SECRET IDENTITY = .

SPECIES = Undead
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Ninja
PERSONALITY = Relentless

SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = .

PHANTOM WALK
Kirigi can move through all figures and is never attacked when leaving engagements.

ROPE KNIFE
After moving and before attacking, if Kirigi is not engaged, you may choose a figure within 3 clear sight spaces of Kirigi whose base is no more than 8 levels above or below Kirigi's base. Roll one attack die. If you roll a skull, you may choose to either inflict a wound on the chosen figure or place the chosen figure adjacent to Kirigi. Figures placed by Rope Knife do not take leaving engagement attacks. After using this special power, Kirigi may use it one additional time.

[So, to be sure I get this right, Kirigi can move, then use Knife Rope, then use it again, then attack, correct?

However, he has to not use Knife Rope to move a figure adjacent, or he cannot use the 2nd Knife Rope?

I assume he can, though target the same person--first to do damage, then to move closer, then to attack (now they are adjacent). The downside is the 50/50 of the skull result.

An intriguing power. Assuming I've understood it right, I think this could be quite cool mechanically (in-game). It will make for some hard choices and fun play.]

UNDEAD RESILIENCE
Any time Kirigi would receive any number of wounds, you may reduce the number of wounds by 1, to a minimum of 1.

[Wow, so 6 Life and this on top of that? I assume this guy is an a beast in the comics. (I don't know him.) But that is a really solid amount of wounds, he can take.]

SUPER STRENGTH
Fun ideas. Hope the design turns out as you hope--all best, V

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library