Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old July 9th, 2008, 12:25 AM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
The can't hit me list

Hey guys, I wanted to put this army list up, tell me what you think.

Srgt. Drake (SOTM)
Krav Maga
Crixius
Tarn Vikings

The theory is Drake can't be hit from range by normal attacks due to his Thorion speed. The krav have the one sheild def. and so does Crixus. That would make it very hard for the other player to take them out at range. Once forced into melee, Drake, Crixus, and the Tarn go to work.
Thoughts??

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old July 9th, 2008, 12:35 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The can't hit me list

Not sre how well it would do in competitive play, but very cool clancampbell. Kind of odd since it's 410pt. It would be cool to some how incorperate some vanishing ninjas like Isamu and NotNW. Maybe you could switch the point value to fit under this year's GC Championship's point value (520pt.), and add the NotNW.

EDIT: Or keep the 410pt. cost and switch out Tarns for one set of WoA.

Last edited by Cleon; July 9th, 2008 at 01:06 PM.
Old July 9th, 2008, 12:44 AM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

How bout this:

Sgt Drake Alexander (RotV) 110 (still has Thorian Speed)
Krav Maga Agents 210 (Stealth Dodge)
Crixus 300 (One Shield Defense)
Raelin 380 (Defense Aura)
Ninjas of the Northern Wind (Disappearing Ninja) 490
Isamu (Vanish) 500
Old July 9th, 2008, 12:45 AM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Yeah me and math don't get along at times. I thought it was 400. Well its late and I'm tired, next time I'll use a calculator.

I like the idea of adding the NotNW to put it the 520 limit for Gencon, Cleon.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old July 9th, 2008, 03:25 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

An answer for Q9? Check
An answer for Zelrig? Check
An answer for common squads? Notsomuch

Lose 2 Tarn and a KMA (a mere 58 1/3 points of your army) and you're down to a maximum of two attacks per OM. The majority of the army (260 points) only gets a single attack. I think this 410 point squad would have a very difficult time facing 225 points as represented by 3x10th Foot.

If SotM Drake + KMA is your 270 point core and you're building a 500 point army you have another 230 points with which to play. I submit to you that Ninjas + Nakitas fits the theme and the point total while giving you more opportunities for multiple attacks. Frankly, though it fits the theme less well I'd take Laglor instead of the Ninjas. The +2 range is nothing at which to sneeze when it applies to both the KMA and the Nakitas. Also, when Laglor's dice are hot everything within range falls before him like wheat before a scythe.

~Aldin, dodging the bullet

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old July 9th, 2008, 04:00 AM
PinkGuy

serpentor is surprisingly tart

Maybe you should put the warriors of Ashra in there because they have one shield defense for adjacentcy. You could use them to engage while Krav Maga attacks with range. Just a thought.

-Serpentor-
Old July 9th, 2008, 08:17 AM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

If you have the EOV, Evasive 8 and Frenzy would make a nice addition to your army as well.
Old July 9th, 2008, 11:35 AM
Taking Suggestions...

Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpentor View Post
Maybe you should put the warriors of Ashra in there because they have one shield defense for adjacentcy. You could use them to engage while Krav Maga attacks with range. Just a thought.

-Serpentor-
No, actually their ability is simply Stealth Dodge for melee attacks, which means they can't take a wound if it works. Crixus' One Shield Defense, however, allows him to take one wound, but no more.

And I do like this concept, but I don't think it'll ever be competitive, for the exact reason Aldin said. You just don't have enough attacks to take out common squads.

Ty the Awasome is the S.A.S. Commando, Maj. Thompson
...in the LIBRARY...
Old July 9th, 2008, 11:46 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

At 520pts allowing Marvel, how about:

Drake (SotM): 170
Venom: 150
Warriors of Ashra x4: 200
Old July 10th, 2008, 05:19 AM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
Srgt. Drake (SOTM)
Krav Maga
Crixius
Tarn Vikings
Warriors of Ashra 2x
Raelin
Isamu
Fixed, and it's a nice 500 points.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old July 10th, 2008, 11:08 AM

Karl Marx is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Using ParaGoomba Slayer's army as a base, you could switch out Isamu and Crixus for Gueri-Oni, who can be touched but only safley by melee units and the WoA and Drake could take anyone that tries to engage. Gueri-Oni also brings a niffty special attack to the table, enabling you to attack through anyone adjacent to the Ogre.

Lol. I said niffty and used it correctly.
Old July 10th, 2008, 11:11 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Marx View Post
Lol. I said niffty and used it correctly.
Almost.

Hey! Another Vermonter! I thought I was the only one. Any chance you'll be able to make the Saratoga Slugfest on Saturday?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion