Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old April 26th, 2022, 10:31 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of D.Va (Pilot) - Initial Playtesting

I guess I’m not entirely sure that the Mech design doesn’t feel “tanky” as-is. It’s got the Life and Defense of most Iron Men plus a pretty awesome defensive power. The defensive power can also protect allies, forcing the enemy to focus on her first - just like a true tank in a video game. She’s not lasting as long as Superman, but that’s why she costs 235 point.

Like hypothetically, if we went back in and edited the Mech design, we’d probably have to give her a decent drop in offense if we wanted to up her defensive game, and I don’t think that’s an exciting gameplay change.

That said, I don’t think putting the Pilot at 6 defense is going to help if you’re personally feeling like the Mech isn’t tanky enough in comparison. That does feel like rubbing salt in the wound a bit.
Old April 26th, 2022, 11:27 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I guess I'll also propose something like this, which kinda feels like what we had in the beginning?
Quote:
LIFE = 4

DEFENSE = 4

OVERWATCH: MEKA PILOT
You may draft one other Hana Song that is Large. For the entire game, that figure is considered to be D.Va's Mech. If you do, D.Va starts the game on this card. At the start of your player turn, if D.Va is not destroyed, you may move any Order Markers on this card to her Mech's card. When D.Va's Mech is destroyed, place D.Va on the space her Mech previously occupied.

MEKA REPAIR
When D.Va's Mech is destroyed in any way except D.Va's Nerf This! special power, place or remove Wound Markers on her Mech's card until it has 1 life remaining. When D.Va attacks an opponent's figure, if her Mech is destroyed, you may remove a Wound Marker from her Mech's card. Once per game, instead of taking a turn with D.Va or when D.Va is destroyed, you may switch D.Va with her Mech. Figures moved by this special power do not take any leaving engagement attacks.

NERF THIS!
Once per game, if D.Va's Mech would be destroyed, you may instead use Nerf This!. Roll 3 unblockable attack dice against each figure within 3 clear sight spaces of D.Va's Mech, one at a time. After using Nerf This!, destroy D.Va's Mech, then place or remove Wound Markers on its card until it has 2 life remaining.
I had to saw off a lot of the little theme bits like the 3 space range on the eject and the "instead of attacking" on Nerf This (not trying to sneak that past you ), but this would definitely make her less swingy and more fun IMO.
Old April 26th, 2022, 11:52 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Sorry, dropping in late without having follow the rest, but trying to catch up by responding to Nobody's latest post here:

My biggest question is on the trigger for the repair power. Why does attacking an opponent's figure result in repair to the mech? Would that make more sense as an instead of moving normally type of trigger?

I'm also not following why she'd switch when she's destroyed. If the mech is destroyed, then she pops out, then she's destroyed, the mech comes back?

Seems weird that the first power goes to 1 Life remaining and the last power goes to 2 Life remaining. Being consistent with those would reduce the cognitive load, IMO.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 26th, 2022, 11:55 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinderella View Post
So I want this design to have a strong reason to draft alongside mech D.Va, and I feel like she's moving to the "why bother" territory. This design was posted so many times in workshop threads and no issues with the revive were brought up then.
Hey, keep the faith. Reviving figures are kind of just inherently tough to balance right. No one had a problem with it, but you've gotta see how it runs in practice, which now we have! And although you might be disappointed with the Mech at 4 life, just realize it's not weaker without the pilot, as we balanced it to be it's own thing without the pilot. It's still a pretty solid 235-ish pointer.

Quick question before I try some suggestions: Any reason why the pilot wants the OMs, then before revealing you shift them to the Mech? Feels a bit weird/backwards to me?
Old April 26th, 2022, 11:55 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
My biggest question is on the trigger for the repair power. Why does attacking an opponent's figure result in repair to the mech? Would that make more sense as an instead of moving normally type of trigger?
In the game it's more her buying time for another suit to be dropped in for her.
Old April 26th, 2022, 11:57 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Gotcha. That explains the reason she switches when she'd be destroyed too. I didn't realize the suit coming back represented additional suits. Sounds less like repair than replacement, then?

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 26th, 2022, 11:58 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I could be a little wrong on the them there cause I never dove into the Overwatch lore a ton, but that's how I always though it worked at least.
Old April 26th, 2022, 12:08 PM
Just A Head

Skinderella and I talked about it, we felt like hints in the lore point to the idea that it's the same suit getting repeatedly repaired.

I guess my thing with the "attack = heal" mechanic is that...we're asking the player to make a complex repaint for this design, it feels like the figure should actually have a presence on the battlefield. Giving the Pilot design a reason to be an active participant on the battlefield helps the design a lot I think.

(And dealing damage in Overwatch charged your Ultimate move, which is how D.Va gets her mech back, so it makes some sense as a mechanic IMO.)
Old April 26th, 2022, 12:18 PM

Gotcha. Just wasn't following the theme. Makes sense.

I think my only suggestions on your take, then, MrNobody, are to call the middle power REGENERATION instead of REPAIR and to make the amount of life left parallel on the first and third power (1 or 2).

Old April 26th, 2022, 12:34 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

After looking at concerns and the design, I wonder if we can't just tie it to a d20 roll for simplicity. I still think there's something to be said about pilot/support figures being relatively simple. Obviously I'm not really cutting any text here, but I think the mechanics are more streamlined, still keeps the video game theme of her dealing damage to revive the mech, and encourages you to run and gun with her. Also she's good in more generalist builds like stat boosters/rerollers, since they'd help her deal that damage a bit easier.

But I obviously haven't played her. Just some thoughts.

Quote:
NAME = D.VA
SECRET IDENTITY = HANA SONG

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = PILOT
PERSONALITY = COMPETITIVE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 4

LIFE = 3

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 6
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 165

OVERWATCH: MEKA PILOT
You may draft one other Hana Song that is Large. For the remainder of the game, that figure is considered to be D.Va's Mech. If you do, D.Va starts the game on this card. When D.Va's Mech is destroyed, place D.Va on the space her Mech previously occupied and move any Order Markers from that Army Card to this card.

CALL MECH
While D.Va's Mech is destroyed, if D.Va inflicts any wounds on an opponent's figure, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 12 or higher, you may switch this figure with the previously destroyed Mech, and add or remove wound markers on the Mech's card until it has 2 life remaining. Then move any Order Markers from this card to the Mech's card.

NERF THIS!
Once per game, instead of attacking with D.Va's Mech, or if D.Va's Mech would be destroyed, you may instead use Nerf This!. Roll 3 unblockable attack dice against each figure within 3 clear sight spaces of D.Va's Mech, one at a time. After using Nerf This!, destroy D.Va's Mech.
Old April 26th, 2022, 12:43 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Would it be possible to fold Nerf This! into the Pilot power since they are both triggering at relatively the same time? Could allow for maybe a light dodgy power or something to help her feel less like just extra life for the Meka?
Old April 26th, 2022, 12:44 PM

The nice thing about the once per game thing and it happening even when she'd be destroyed is it gives you something to count on and reduces the swinginess (which should also make it easier to cost).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library