Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old January 10th, 2019, 12:01 AM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Boot Camp of Valhalla--Draft Chosen!

This thread is for centralizing and maintaining all aspects of the design process for this round of the Boot Camp of Valhalla. I am creating this thread in order to organize the discussion and to have a consistent place to collect and update relevant information.

For reference, this is the miniature we have chosen to work with:

(Thank you bmon for the mini photos)

Rest of old OP:
Spoiler Alert!

The rest of this post will serve as a directory for the process. The second post will contain the most up-to-date version of the unit.

Boot Camp of Valhalla Draft Voting Thread
--For use in referencing other drafts that did not win and for measuring their relative popularity.
Beginning of Discussion on Winning Draft

Last edited by All Your Pie; March 15th, 2019 at 05:09 PM.
Old January 10th, 2019, 12:02 AM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Boot Camp of Valhalla Design Thread

Original Design Draft (assembled by Tornado and voted on by the 'Scapers community)
Spoiler Alert!

Current Design:

Queen Listaria

Ullar
Elf
Unique Hero
Queen
Resolute
Large 6

Life = 5

Move = 8
Range = 1
Attack = 5
Defense = 4

POINTS = 150??

ULLAR'S BATTLE DANCE
After rolling defense dice for a figure that you control within 4 clear sight spaces of Listaria who follows Ullar, you may move another figure that you control who follows Ullar up to 4 spaces. If a figure moving with Ullar's Battle Dance is engaged when it starts to move, it will not take any leaving engagement attacks. Ullar's Battle Dance can only be used once per turn.

ELVEN BATTLE CALL
If Listaria is engaged, then all Elves that you control, except Listaria, move one additional space.

SNOW STRENGTH
Add 1 to Listaria's attack and defense while on a snow space.

Last edited by All Your Pie; March 15th, 2019 at 04:46 PM.
Old January 10th, 2019, 12:09 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Personally, I like the idea of a hybrid unit with some elements of synergy but being able to fight on the frontlines as well. The sculpt looks like a fighter to me, but I can also see some arguments being made about the Elf being of royal blood or having some ties to the other Elves.

If we did want to go this route, though, we would need to think about which Elves she is "designed" to go with. The Elf Wizards can be reasonably ignored, but the Aubriens and Warriors of Ashra are both wildly different, both in mechanics and in theme. There's also the idea of making her like Syvarris or Sonlen in that she can work with the other Elves, but she can also work in many different other armies.
Old January 10th, 2019, 07:29 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

The mini feels like it lends itself to someone who leads from the front, so I'll say Option Three.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old January 10th, 2019, 07:36 AM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
The mini feels like it lends itself to someone who leads from the front, so I'll say Option Three.
Agreed
Old January 10th, 2019, 08:44 AM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I agree with option 3.

There's something about the figure that does not feel terribly leader like. I think it's just that the rider is smaller in relation to the other elves. I know history is peppered with leaders small in stature, but it does feel odd. I can try to snap some pictures of the mini alongside the likes of Aubrien archers and WoA. That might help show what I mean.
Old January 10th, 2019, 08:54 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmon View Post
I agree with option 3.

There's something about the figure that does not feel terribly leader like. I think it's just that the rider is smaller in relation to the other elves. I know history is peppered with leaders small in stature, but it does feel odd. I can try to snap some pictures of the mini alongside the likes of Aubrien archers and WoA. That might help show what I mean.
Just make her name an anagram of Napoleon.

Honestly, doesn't bother me - the figure looks regal and the pose looks commanding. That means more to me than physical stature here.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old January 10th, 2019, 10:54 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

I suspect the ideas I’ve submitted thus far would fit in Option 3.

Snap judgments in favor of size and brawn, over courage and intelligence? See David and Goliath.

Anyways, the Wolf is intimidating enough.

Last edited by kolakoski; January 10th, 2019 at 11:22 AM.
Old January 10th, 2019, 11:12 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Option 3
Old January 10th, 2019, 01:47 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I’m comfortable with Options 1 or 3. A standalone unique hero does not sound inspirational enough to have a solid chance at entering the SoV, especially if the unit in question probably won’t do much other than fight and receive slight synergies.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old January 10th, 2019, 01:54 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Current Consensus
Elf, Unique Hero, Ullar

Current Discussion
What direction to take: Synergistic/leader type figure, standalone figure, or a hybrid of the two?

BTW, All Your Pie, thanks so much for taking over the lead on this!

Last edited by kolakoski; January 10th, 2019 at 02:28 PM.
Old January 10th, 2019, 01:57 PM
Hard as ice

I like the idea of her being a front line leader for the Warriors of Ashra, possibly the Elf Queen of that city. Not sure how she should help them yet, though...

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards