Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old March 8th, 2012, 05:44 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth
Re: Arch-Vile's Customs- Pokemon, zombies, more Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
I love the concept of your Zombie Graspers!

I also love your Blasting Off Again power for Meowth, but rolling 3 defense dice means that 8 out of 9 times Meowth will avoid taking any damage. If Meowth gets height advantage (which it will with Blasting Off Again), it has a 15 out of 16 chance (4 defense dice) of avoiding damage. It could take forever to take it down. Still, it's thematic and looks like a lot of fun to play.

Have you playtested Meowth yet?
I was worried about Meowth's awesome survivability when I designed him, but after playing 3-4 games with him, he died really quickly each time, falling to the first or second attack directed at him. He never really gets height with a range of 1, and 1 attack of 4 per O.M. isn't going to destroy too much. I'm sure with hot dice he could really be strong, but counters to him exist. If I see my opponent grab Meowth, I'll grab some Death Knights or get around his power with a d20 attack. He'll be one I closely watch to see that he doesn't get too annoying for his cost.

I really like the zombie graspers too! I want to play a huge zombie scenario with these, many normal zombies, and some of dok's SoV Zombie Hulk. That would be crazy.
Old March 26th, 2012, 06:25 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth
Re: Arch-Vile's Customs- Huge update, pokemon+Star Wars

Next units are in the OP.
Old March 27th, 2012, 09:03 AM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

I like your Charizard card, but I think the points are too high. He'll be a good hero killer, but with only 1 attack per turn (or only 2 attacks per round when using Blast Burn) he'll slowly get worn down and fall to squads. An opponent could swarm him with Deathreavers and then pick him off with a ranged squad. Even at his best he'd only take out 1 rat every turn.

I suggest lowering his points to maybe 220-250. Not more than 250.

Other than the points, I think your Charizard is a good hero killer. That 10 attack is just scary.
Old March 27th, 2012, 04:38 PM
Archie

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
I like your Charizard card, but I think the points are too high. He'll be a good hero killer, but with only 1 attack per turn (or only 2 attacks per round when using Blast Burn) he'll slowly get worn down and fall to squads. An opponent could swarm him with Deathreavers and then pick him off with a ranged squad. Even at his best he'd only take out 1 rat every turn.

I suggest lowering his points to maybe 220-250. Not more than 250.

Other than the points, I think your Charizard is a good hero killer. That 10 attack is just scary.
Thanks for the critique! I priced him high because I wasn't too sure where he'd end up, and higher is better than lower. He should definitely be priced more than Jotun I believe, and that makes 250 a minimum (with ranged special attack of 10 + flying). Probably 300 is a better guess, but I'll need to playtest him. Thrawn and Charizard both are untested, so I'd imagine both need changes.

I would play charizard with the X on him and one other marker, to unleash one huge attack, then let multi-attackers (squads or double attacking heroes) have O.M.s for the rest of the round. However, a screen and Raelin really help ol' 'zard.
Old April 1st, 2012, 07:07 PM
Archie

Re: Arch-Vile's Customs- Fellowship of the Rings complete

The rest of the fellowship of the ring has been posted. All nine add up to 1305 points, perfect for a Marvel game, not so much classic. However, with all nine it only takes a 7 or higher to frenzy 1 additional turn.

Even with all that, I imagine they are all priced a little high, especially Aragorn. I'll need to playtest them all once I get the 'clix.
Old April 3rd, 2012, 08:12 PM

Wolfwing Woo who?

Very cool stuff here, I may make a suggestion, the cobra 195 points just seems a bit high. Maybe 150, may just be me. But I think it should be lower. Again awesome customs. Oh also, do you have a Sauron card?

WolfWing

King Jesus is Savior to all, Lord of Heaven and Earth
Old April 5th, 2012, 11:49 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Thought I'd stop by and comment on your latest set of customs.

General comment: the official wording is "20-sided die" instead of "d20".

Aragorn

Powerful guy. With the combination of abilities I think the point value is in the right ballpark. He's sort of a beefed up Tor-Kul-Na.

Gandalf the Grey

I don't see anything to prevent me from drafting Gandalf the White. The Grey is not worth anywhere near 300 points (he's no better than an Air Elemental for 10x the cost), so if I would draft a Gandalf it would be the White. Actually, I don't see anything to prevent me from drafting both, but I would never draft the Grey and the White.

I assume you meant that the White can't be drafted. If so, the Grey is only worth it to get the White. I'd run the Grey off right away to get killed off or even kill him myself to get the White in faster.

Gandalf the White

Assuming the White can't be drafted, there should be a rule on this card for that.

The white is pretty powerful, but not 300 points powerful. Perhaps if he came in automatically after the Grey dies instead of just hoping for a big roll.

The wording of Call Gwaihir seems to suggest that any figure, regardless of who owns it, can use this ability. That is, your opponent can use Call Gwaihir to save their own figure. Also, "recieves" and "woulds" are misspelled.

Frodo Baggins

An ok figure, but nothing special unless the One Ring is in the game.

For both Sting and the One Ring, "autoskull" is not the term normally used. Use "automatic skull" instead.

Samwise Gangee

"Defend against that attack instead" isn't clear. It's clear enough that you roll Sam's defense value instead, but it isn't clear who takes the wounds from the attack. And when do you need to decide whether to use this ability, before or after attack dice are rolled?

I'm always extremely wary of protector abilities like these because super-strong figures like Q9 exist. Sam essentially adds extra hit points to any figure you wish, making any overpowered unit even more overpowered. Sam + Raelin is terrifying, as he not only gives Raelin another 3 hit points, but also essentially gives her 5 defense dice until Sam dies.

Meriadoc Brandybuc

Are you assuming white dice with I Want To Fight? I use the classic red dice. With those, every side of the dice will count as a skull.

Peregrin Took

Same as with Meriadoc: for the blue dice he automatically rolls a shield on every die.

Summary

Some neat ideas here. I'd love to play the group in a dungeon crawl, but the point value for the group is pretty huge. You really need to make your own dungeon crawl scenario (or multiple scenarios!) for the group.
Old April 5th, 2012, 02:14 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I think there may be a precedent for assuming that the white combat dice are used, but I'm not sure where.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Meriadoc Brandybuc

Are you assuming white dice with I Want To Fight? I use the classic red dice. With those, every side of the dice will count as a skull.

Peregrin Took

Same as with Meriadoc: for the blue dice he automatically rolls a shield on every die.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old April 10th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Archie

I really appreciate all the comments everyone, thanks for posting them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfwing View Post
Very cool stuff here, I may make a suggestion, the cobra 195 points just seems a bit high. Maybe 150, may just be me. But I think it should be lower. Again awesome customs. Oh also, do you have a Sauron card?
The cobra is difficult to price since it never actually destroys anything- its teammates do. I've never managed to rack up 195 pts of kills it has accomplished for its team, but until it has a great game and I see its full potential I'll wait to lower its cost.

I do not have a Sauron card, but I may make one if I ever get the heroclix figure. He isn't a figure I'd throw in a LotR scenario, so until/if I get the figure Sauron will just have to wait

Quote:
Thought I'd stop by and comment on your latest set of customs.

General comment: the official wording is "20-sided die" instead of "d20".

Aragorn

Powerful guy. With the combination of abilities I think the point value is in the right ballpark. He's sort of a beefed up Tor-Kul-Na.
Thanks for dropping by! I love having comments, especially by the masters! I have been changing wording on my more recent customs to be more official, I apparently missed it on some of these though. I'll get back and change that.

Quote:
Gandalf the Grey

I don't see anything to prevent me from drafting Gandalf the White. The Grey is not worth anywhere near 300 points (he's no better than an Air Elemental for 10x the cost), so if I would draft a Gandalf it would be the White. Actually, I don't see anything to prevent me from drafting both, but I would never draft the Grey and the White.

I assume you meant that the White can't be drafted. If so, the Grey is only worth it to get the White. I'd run the Grey off right away to get killed off or even kill him myself to get the White in faster.

Gandalf the White

Assuming the White can't be drafted, there should be a rule on this card for that.

The white is pretty powerful, but not 300 points powerful. Perhaps if he came in automatically after the Grey dies instead of just hoping for a big roll.

The wording of Call Gwaihir seems to suggest that any figure, regardless of who owns it, can use this ability. That is, your opponent can use Call Gwaihir to save their own figure. Also, "recieves" and "woulds" are misspelled.
The idea behind Gandalf was that you drafted both for 300 pts total. You start with The Grey, then when he is destroyed, The White comes in. Looking at Thanos and his unlimited resurrection, Gandalf probably is overpriced. I'll get a playtest in eventually with the fellowship and see for sure.

Good catch on wording issues and spelling mistakes. My one and only complaint with MSE is that is doesn't spell check.

Quote:
Frodo Baggins

An ok figure, but nothing special unless the One Ring is in the game.

For both Sting and the One Ring, "autoskull" is not the term normally used. Use "automatic skull" instead.
I was not aware that automatic skull was the correct term, thanks! I'll get that fixed up.

Quote:

Samwise Gangee

"Defend against that attack instead" isn't clear. It's clear enough that you roll Sam's defense value instead, but it isn't clear who takes the wounds from the attack. And when do you need to decide whether to use this ability, before or after attack dice are rolled?

I'm always extremely wary of protector abilities like these because super-strong figures like Q9 exist. Sam essentially adds extra hit points to any figure you wish, making any overpowered unit even more overpowered. Sam + Raelin is terrifying, as he not only gives Raelin another 3 hit points, but also essentially gives her 5 defense dice until Sam dies.
You make a very good point. I didn't think about the Raelin-Sam combo. I think I'll make it where Sam can only save small and mediums- and cannot roll defense dice against the attack, which makes sense because he is diving in front of whoever he is protecting.

Quote:
Meriadoc Brandybuc

Peregrin Took

Yeah, I use the white dice. I just got the Marvel set and want an excuse to use the dice, so I'm coming up with a slew of blank-based powers. I normally us the red and blue dice when soloscaping, since they are easier to read on a whim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
I think there may be a precedent for assuming that the white combat dice are used, but I'm not sure where.
The C3G uses that assumption, so I figured it would be alright to use. It is "customy", but this is the so-called "era of fanscape".

Quote:
Summary

Some neat ideas here. I'd love to play the group in a dungeon crawl, but the point value for the group is pretty huge. You really need to make your own dungeon crawl scenario (or multiple scenarios!) for the group.
Thanks, once I finalize and print all the cards I'll put together a mines of moria scenario for these fellowship. The point value is much larger than what I imagined for it when I started, but I'm moving more away from classic and towards Marvel point-values.
Old April 10th, 2012, 08:55 PM

Name653 is surprisingly tart

Amazing! I love the Hobbits, but I think instead of Disengage, it should be called Sneak, seeing as these cards are based on the Lord of the Rings Combat Hex game (in that the hit zones are the figures from said game). And maybe they shouldn't have to stop when they become engaged? Maybe that would be too powerful, but if you go with it, you should reduce their speed by at least one. EDIT: Oh, and Aragorn's Engagement Strike should probably be called Engagement Strike 13.

Jesus Rocks!
"[HoSS] is brilliant!" ~Grungebob
High Resolution Scanned Heroscape Cards
Old April 15th, 2012, 01:45 PM
Archie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Name653 View Post
Amazing! I love the Hobbits, but I think instead of Disengage, it should be called Sneak, seeing as these cards are based on the Lord of the Rings Combat Hex game (in that the hit zones are the figures from said game). And maybe they shouldn't have to stop when they become engaged? Maybe that would be too powerful, but if you go with it, you should reduce their speed by at least one. EDIT: Oh, and Aragorn's Engagement Strike should probably be called Engagement Strike 13.
I'm confused, figures normally do not have to stop when becoming engaged. And since disengage is the official name of the power, I'll stick with that. I picture the hobbits being small enough to walk under those humans' legs, not sneaking around so much.

Good idea with Engagement Strike 13, official powers add that in and I'll add that to mine.
Old April 15th, 2012, 05:25 PM

Name653 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Name653 View Post
I'm confused, figures normally do not have to stop when becoming engaged. And since disengage is the official name of the power, I'll stick with that. I picture the hobbits being small enough to walk under those humans' legs, not sneaking around so much.

Good idea with Engagement Strike 13, official powers add that in and I'll add that to mine.
Unless they're flying or using some other power, they gotta stop when they become engaged. Or at least, that's what the Marvel rulebook says. Oh! I didn't know that Disengage was an official power! Okay.

Jesus Rocks!
"[HoSS] is brilliant!" ~Grungebob
High Resolution Scanned Heroscape Cards

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards