Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old September 9th, 2014, 09:33 PM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

For anyone who has been following the Recon Strategy saga on BGG you'll know that I offered a number of suggestions that were ignored. But the up side of all that insanity was my creativity was sparked to make a light, fast playing war game that still had some decent depth to it. So This weekend I started writing down some ideas and a few days later I am close to an alpha version of the game.

So I have been playing a lot of Kinder Geddon lately. At least that is my working title. It's terrible, I know. The premise is a distant alien rave of warriors who begin training future generals at a very young age in an elaborate battle training arena called KinderGeddon.

Any way, if anyone is interested in learning more about it the BGG thread is here

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/16848612#16848612

This Thursday I have two games that should be hitting by doorstep, Battle of Five Armies and D-Day at Omaha Beach. The former shall be opened immediately. The latter will be one of my Christmas presents so it will stare down at me from the top of my China cabinet for the next few months.
Old September 10th, 2014, 10:40 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Two more games of Shadowruns: Crossfire last night and we went 1-1. Lots of fun trying to protect the "Client" when starting him off with one hit point. We earned a tidy 5 karma once we beat it, though (thank goodness for Doc Wagons!).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 10th, 2014, 11:47 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbnbsmith View Post
The latter will be one of my Christmas presents so it will stare down at me from the top of my China cabinet for the next few months.
Wish I had that kind of willpower @jbbnbsmith .

Started learning to play Guns of Gettysburg at work yesterday. Seems pretty cool so far, but only scratched the surface so far.

EDIT: It looks like GW is re-releasing Space Hulk 3rd edition. Good chance for people who have not wanted to pay Ebay scalpers for a copy. Supposedly it will have 4 new scenarios.

Last edited by Gurei-Ornery; September 10th, 2014 at 12:35 PM.
Old September 10th, 2014, 02:01 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
EDIT: It looks like GW is re-releasing Space Hulk 3rd edition. Good chance for people who have not wanted to pay Ebay scalpers for a copy. Supposedly it will have 4 new scenarios.
Got a link??

Been wanting this game for a very long time...

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old September 10th, 2014, 02:24 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
Quote:
Got a link??

Old September 10th, 2014, 02:34 PM

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
Quote:
Got a link??

From a BGG post:

http://www.beastsofwar.com/warhammer...ames-workshop/
Old September 12th, 2014, 09:28 AM

Lost Valley: Yukon Goldrush 1896 is on sale at CSI today for $30. Really fun prospecting game.
Old September 12th, 2014, 04:05 PM

Quote:
It looks like GW is re-releasing Space Hulk 3rd edition. Good chance for people who have not wanted to pay Ebay scalpers for a copy. Supposedly it will have 4 new scenarios.
Pre-order is live on GWs website: http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Space-Hulk

It looks like delivery is Sept 20th. Pretty quick turn.
Old September 12th, 2014, 04:13 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Wait, what do you need "Recommended Paints" for?

Oh. . . . oh.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 12th, 2014, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post

Oh. . . . oh.
What, did you think they would paint them for you for $125? You're lucky you get map tiles and a rulebook. No Space Hulk for you! Come back one year!
Old September 12th, 2014, 04:30 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:

Oh. . . . oh.
What, did you think they would paint them for you for $125? You're lucky you get map tiles and a rulebook. No Space Hulk for you! Come back one year!

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old September 12th, 2014, 06:19 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Oh. . . . oh.
Ugh. I'd pay $100 easy for it, even if unpainted, but I'm not sure about $125.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games