Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old November 17th, 2009, 04:38 AM

soberman knows what's in an order marker soberman knows what's in an order marker
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Thing about Castle Panic is, there is some replay value, but the expansion will be needed to make it something more than just a game you bring out from time to time. I hear the expansion will add magic attacks.

I think that the next Dominion set, if the themes are really Treasures and Warfare, should add magic to Dominion too.

I digress, CP is a fun little co-op with a variety of different ways of playing built in, but it is worth it just if you want something you can play solitaire. You can adjust the difficulty several ways, but I've mainly played the normal version.

Just got Pandemic, and that is a true big leap up from Castle Panic in terms of difficulty, and only a tad more than slightly in terms of rules complexity. The major thing that sets CP apart is that you can play it as a co-op, but CAN still keep score among the players. This could result in people denying you to allow to trade cards with them, even though doing so will help defend the castle. Then again, they may not care at all if you play the variant that lets each player pick a tower or towers to represent them- if they fall, the player assigned to them is out of the game.

I played a few new games at GASP Con here in the Pittsburgh area- Fast Flowing Forest Fellers, which I liked better than Snow Tails, Highland Clans, which was an typical abstract Euro, Say Anything, which I give a slight edge over Wits and Wagers, and the Alhambra dice game, which is better than a dice game has a right to be, I'd reckon. I also played some familiar games, and watched bits of others. I must say that Grind looks stellar in person. Still mad at myself for getting there too late for the Royal Palace demo.

I haven't played my copy of Ad Astra yet...
Old November 17th, 2009, 07:01 PM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I haven't played it yet but tomorrow I plan on getting the items to put together Lost Patrol. Has anyone else played this?

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Old November 17th, 2009, 07:07 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubobj View Post
I haven't played it yet but tomorrow I plan on getting the items to put together Lost Patrol. Has anyone else played this?
Yep, played a homemade copy with my daughter. The soldiers have the odds stacked against them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old November 18th, 2009, 12:46 AM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Got in another good game of Dungeon Twister with the wife. I won with 6 Victory points as my Warrior dashed out of the Dungeon like a running back with a newly ganked chest tucked under his arm.

I actually could've won for 7 points with another kill if I'd played my actions differently. But I decided to not be a douche about it, seeing as I like playing with my wife and want to keep playing.

Old November 18th, 2009, 12:47 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post
Got in another good game of Dungeon Twister with the wife. I won with 6 Victory points as my Warrior dashed out of the Dungeon like a running back with a newly ganked chest tucked under his arm.

I actually could've won for 7 points with another kill if I'd played my actions differently. But I decided to not be a douche about it, seeing as I like playing with my wife and want to keep playing.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old November 18th, 2009, 01:21 AM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Oh, hush.

Old November 18th, 2009, 10:17 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I have new volunteers that have no clue about great games, and they are so hooked on Settlers I just have to laugh, of course I am kicking their butts all over the place and they just want to figure it out and be on even terms with me, I have not informed them yet that , that will never happen he he.
I have also been playing The Red Dragon Inn and really enjoying it ( not great as a 2 player game, but with 3 or 4 it is a great light game )

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old November 18th, 2009, 10:39 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Played Ticket to Ride last night.
Old November 18th, 2009, 10:51 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Last night I played Roll Through the Ages with my wife.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old November 19th, 2009, 02:25 PM

Supergeek knows what's in an order marker Supergeek knows what's in an order marker

I picked up Sunken City at the Nebraska Skirmish last weekend.
Played it along with Villa Paletti, Bausack and Animal upon animal last night.

I <3 HeroScape tournaments!
Old November 20th, 2009, 01:39 AM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Had to work tonight so I brought my homemade version of Lost Patrol in. Got about 5 games in. The scouts were able to pull off 1 victory with the Sarge and the Heavy Trooper. The Sarge was rolling 6's like mad towards the end. They had to get through some tangle weed that showed up right in front of the drop ship along with fending off an ambush of 6. The games they lost felt like they had control of things but then they just got surrounded and were split up by the ambushes. Its tough for scouts but very fun to play them!

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Old November 20th, 2009, 06:44 AM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Got in (my first) 3 games of the new edition of Space Hulk. Played mission one, and the Marines lost all three times. Awesome game though.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games