Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Old July 31st, 2011, 05:57 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: W@HSers Submissions Thread

I leave tomorrow for a week long fishing trip in Minnesota, so I won't be able to write a W@HS this week. Sorry guys.

Old August 1st, 2011, 05:22 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
W@HSers Banner Concept

Here's a concept that I came up with for the Week at HSers banner:

Click to make larger

There's a lot of different stuff from a lot of different members in there. It's pretty fitting, because when you get right down to it that's exactly what HSers.com is. The image itself is probably way too large, but the nice thing about this design is that I can just add or remove hexes to get pretty much any size we need.

I also sort of have another idea for a banner in the back of my mind, if I can develop it a little more and make it look good I'll post that as well.

Last edited by Warlord Alpha; August 1st, 2011 at 06:29 PM. Reason: spelling
Old August 1st, 2011, 05:56 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth
Re: W@HSers Banner Concept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord Alpha View Post

Click to make larger

There's a lot of different stuff from a lot of different members in there. It's pretty fitting, because when you get right down to it that's exactly what HSers.com is. The image itself is probably way to large, but the nice thing about this design is that I can just add or remove hexes to get pretty much any size we need.

I also sort of have another idea for a banner in the back of my mind, if I can develop it a little more and make it look good I'll post that as well.
Very nice, WA! I wonder if they can use an animated banner? If so, you could cut out some hexes to make it smaller and have the remaining ones change images every few seconds.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old August 1st, 2011, 06:17 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
Quote:
Spoiler Alert!
Very nice, WA! I wonder if they can use an animated banner? If so, you could cut out some hexes to make it smaller and have the remaining ones change images every few seconds.
Oooo, that's a really good idea. I could chop off the two rows of 3 hexes at each end and then make an animated GIF. The only problem with doing that is that GIFs are lower quality (here's that image I made, except in GIF-form) and the file size would be huge (might be a problem for users with slow internets).

But it's nice because, like you said, I could make the image smaller but still have tons of pictures in there. Last night when I was making it I had like 30 tabs open in Chrome with pictures I wanted to use and I was constantly like "man, this is such a nice picture but I don't have any room for it!"
Old August 1st, 2011, 09:27 PM

Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:

Click to make larger
WA you certainly raised the bar with this submission...I doubt mine as is will have a chance against this gem.

Carney's Trade List
Critic's Carnival - Progressive Rock on DLBN
Old August 9th, 2011, 04:09 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Hey guys,
I am part of a website start-up company and I'm was looking to do a little marketing.

It's a board game website, so would you mind mentioning us in the next W@HSers post?

Oh...and check it out for yourselves. Create an account and make you collection, then share it with us!

www.boxedupfun.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!
Old August 15th, 2011, 03:56 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Wrigzz suggested I post here, in response to Where Does This Go? (although I'm not sure if this is what he meant ). I've been creating scenarios for a while now http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=37028. While my scenario ideas are pretty good (IHMO ), lately, it has become apparent that my maps for them are problematic. That being the case, it is hard for me to blow my own horn here, for my scenarios being presented herein. But I could ask that a more detailed scenario-to-map tutorial, for those of us who are into what you all call "casual," as opposed to tournament, play, i.e., larger maps with more than 2 players, be created. I know there are places where such maps are presented (Warzones of Valhalla), but I'm talking about something to help those of us that free build from a basic scenario concept. For instance, I had a question about how many Glyphs of Lodin to place on a map to encourage 20-siders without making them mandatory (which wrigzz replied to, tangentially). Most of my scenario ideas are geared towards encouraging the use of underplayed units, with special rules, situations, glyphs, etc., with mixed results. If you look over some of my scenarios, I think you'll see what I mean. Any help, advice, encouragement, etc. would be appreciated. Thanks!
</IMG>
Old August 15th, 2011, 08:48 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:

Click to make larger

There's a lot of different stuff from a lot of different members in there. It's pretty fitting, because when you get right down to it that's exactly what HSers.com is. The image itself is probably way too large, but the nice thing about this design is that I can just add or remove hexes to get pretty much any size we need.

That's incredible! I'd call it a winner!

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old August 31st, 2011, 12:59 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaemon Awa 123 View Post
Is there any chance for Raids of Vahalla to get a little publicity? We finally got off the ground, but still have room for two more judges.

(No more judge spots though)
Old August 31st, 2011, 01:03 PM
<>character<>

LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Is there any chance for Raids of Vahalla to get a little publicity? We finally got off the ground, but still have room for two more judges.

(No more judge spots though)
W@HS will be on hold for a bit due to C3V releases.

Old September 12th, 2011, 10:56 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

I'd like to nominate Carney's new gothic city building customs for an appearance on the home page some time. They're just gorgeous.

Last edited by Typhon2222; September 12th, 2011 at 11:09 PM.
Old September 12th, 2011, 11:07 PM

Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
Whenever W@HS resumes, I'd like to nominate Carney's new gothic city building customs for an appearance. They're just gorgeous.

Wow, that was quick, I just posted these minutes ago!

Thanks much Typhon!

Carney's Trade List
Critic's Carnival - Progressive Rock on DLBN

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online