Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape
C3G SuperScape A Place to gather C3G threads without interfering with other Marvel Customs creation

Old July 27th, 2014, 03:09 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: The C3G Cave - Hangout

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
I sort of agree with both Johnny and Bats here - I felt that IM3's plot with big business using terrorism to cover up human rights abuses was brilliant (and yes, Bats, I do enjoy irony ), but that doesn't mean I wouldn't also enjoy a plot with the Mandarin as a terrorist, a bit like this:

Quote:
Totally disagree. I think the non-generic terrorist that Ben Kingsley was acting the part of at the start of the film was a completely successful adaptation. Add in some rings that are the result of some alteration of Stark Tech (possibly combined with advanced scientific "magic" from Asgard) to make for a cool battle and I think you can pull it off sans fu man chu.
Brilliant is a bit strong, but I did think it was rather funny. Like you, though, doesn't mean I don't want to see another version of Mandarin that's taken a bit more seriously.
Wasn't talking about Mandarin - that was funny. Rather I was just talking about the idea of the plot being a businessman using terrorism to hide his more unsavoury activites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
But my point is, why is Wonder Woman held to such a higher standard of perfection in who plays her and her costume?
In the American cultural conciseness, their are two things firmly entrenched as a visible icon of woman's empowerment. Rosie the Riveter and Wonder Woman. While Rosie stopped being produced at end of the War, Wonder Woman lived on over the decades in comics, cartoons, on TV, and she lived as an action/adventure heroine that could stand shoulder to shoulder with the most 'super' of the boys. She didn't need to be helped or saved by the men, in fact she was the one doing the saving. Generations of girls have grown up looking to her for inspiration and millions of men have had daughters & sisters they hope aspire to be like her. There is no male character that comes even close to her impact on the modern American psyche. Men have throughout time be the traditionally dominate sex, so we don't have any similar icons. So when Hollywood tries to 're-imagine' her for a new generation, they have to tread carefully.
Just make her a strong female character - it's really not that hard to do. I feel there's a danger of people making her purely a feminist icon to the detriment of just creating a cool and interesting character. She'd be taken far more seriously as an empowered woman if they just proved it by making her a strong character who just happens to be female than if they try to slap the audience across the face with that angle, IMO.

And lets be honest here - high heels are ridiculous for a fighter.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; July 27th, 2014 at 03:16 PM.
Old July 27th, 2014, 03:17 PM
C-Wedgie

cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I sort of agree with both Johnny and Bats here - I felt that IM3's plot with big business using terrorism to cover up human rights abuses was brilliant (and yes, Bats, I do enjoy irony ), but that doesn't mean I wouldn't also enjoy a plot with the Mandarin as a terrorist, a bit like this:

Quote:
Totally disagree. I think the non-generic terrorist that Ben Kingsley was acting the part of at the start of the film was a completely successful adaptation. Add in some rings that are the result of some alteration of Stark Tech (possibly combined with advanced scientific "magic" from Asgard) to make for a cool battle and I think you can pull it off sans fu man chu.
Brilliant is a bit strong, but I did think it was rather funny. Like you, though, doesn't mean I don't want to see another version of Mandarin that's taken a bit more seriously.
Wasn't talking about Mandarin - that was funny. Rather I was just talking about the idea of the plot being a businessman using terrorism to hide his more unsavoury activites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
But my point is, why is Wonder Woman held to such a higher standard of perfection in who plays her and her costume?
In the American cultural conciseness, their are two things firmly entrenched as a visible icon of woman's empowerment. Rosie the Riveter and Wonder Woman. While Rosie stopped being produced at end of the War, Wonder Woman lived on over the decades in comics, cartoons, on TV, and she lived as an action/adventure heroine that could stand shoulder to shoulder with the most 'super' of the boys. She didn't need to be helped or saved by the men, in fact she was the one doing the saving. Generations of girls have grown up looking to her for inspiration and millions of men have had daughters & sisters they hope aspire to be like her. There is no male character that comes even close to her impact on the modern American psyche. Men have throughout time be the traditionally dominate sex, so we don't have any similar icons. So when Hollywood tries to 're-imagine' her for a new generation, they have to tread carefully.
Just make her a strong female character - it's really not that hard to do. I feel there's a danger of people making her purely a feminist icon to the detriment of just creating a cool and interesting character. She'd be taken far more seriously as an empowered woman if they just proved it by making her a strong character who just happens to be female than if they try to slap the audience across the face with that angle, IMO.

And lets be honest here - high heels are ridiculous for a fighter.

Though numerous pronunciation attempts have been made, I have recently spurned my moniker. Feel free to refer to me as BowTieJones instead.
Old July 27th, 2014, 03:22 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

They're not high heels, they're wedges.

And capes and cowls are ridiculous for fighters if you're really wanting to be honest about it. Her costume overall is probably 90% more reasonable for a fighter than Superman's or Batman's is.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 27th, 2014, 03:23 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

At least capes and cowls can be forgiven for the cool factor. High heels are just... no.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old July 27th, 2014, 03:25 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
At least capes and cowls can be forgiven for the cool factor. High heels are just... no.
First off, wedges, not heels. Second, what the heck makes capes cool and high heels not? I've seen plenty of very cool women walking around wearing high heels. I've yet to meet a cool guy wearing a cape.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 27th, 2014, 03:28 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
First off, wedges, not heels. Second, what the heck makes capes cool and high heels not? I've seen plenty of very cool women walking around wearing high heels. I've yet to meet a cool guy wearing a cape.
"Well, it is good cape weather. Cool, breezy..."
Old July 27th, 2014, 03:33 PM
Hard as ice

High heels are actually poor for health - just think about it, walk around on your toes all day, and you're going to feel effects. I'm pretty sure it does actually damage your joints or something - there are strong medical reasons why they're a bad idea. Just found this that covers some. I'm sure being a super-powered Amazon who can fly will help with some of that, but still. To be honest, I've never understood the aesthetic appeal anyway. Batman, on the other hand, as much as I don't like him, you have to admit - that cowl looks really cool.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old July 27th, 2014, 03:35 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I would have to think WW is strong and tough enough to battle in any footwear.
She looks lite on her feet.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old July 27th, 2014, 03:40 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I would have to think WW is strong and tough enough to battle in any footwear.
She looks lite on her feet.
And that will be my explaination when I try my damndest to take her seriously in them.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old July 27th, 2014, 03:45 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Wonder Woman's armor has always been more form than function - even canonically, from what I remember, it's A) magical and B) ceremonial. It's no more designed for battle than a suit of armor from a Renaissance fair.

My only criticism, really, is the sword... ever since Yodaking pointed it out, I can't help but notice how puny it is.
Old July 27th, 2014, 05:47 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

Huh... looks like we're getting a SHIELD comic series, featuring the characters from Agents of SHIELD, set in universe 616. So I think Heroclix just became a possibility?

I know I'd love to get my hands on an Agent May figure.
Old July 27th, 2014, 06:15 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I'd love to get my hands on Skye.

I mean a Skye figure...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape