Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old September 16th, 2008, 12:08 PM

Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Monsterpocalypse (Heading to your way this fall)

That makes two of us!

DWARVES!
Old September 16th, 2008, 12:53 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

This game looks awesome...

Why did I not look at this topic before?

Anyone know how expensive this is going to be?
Old September 16th, 2008, 12:54 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
This game looks awesome...

Why did I not look at this topic before?

Anyone know how expensive this is going to be?
Very.

From earlier in the thread: They are charging $25 for the starter and $13 for each booster. I'm pretty sure this is the MSRP for the product when released in October (most likely $24.99 and $12.99).
Old September 16th, 2008, 12:59 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

How much is in the starter and booster?

There's a lot of pages to look through...

And does anyone know another place to look at the rulebook? The one on the official site won't load for me.
Old September 16th, 2008, 01:08 PM

Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby!

25 for a starter that has 1 monster, 4 units, and 2 buildings. The monster is random.

13 for a booster. One is a monster booster. It comes with one monster. The second is a unit booster, comes with 4 random units and a random building.

DWARVES!
Old September 20th, 2008, 04:18 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

As much fun as this game will probably be, I don't know if I can bring myself to make another blind purchase...

A review on BGG indicated that about 70 buck got him "a good playable amount" of figures and buildings. Trading with others seems to be pretty viable, too.

Old September 26th, 2008, 11:26 AM

webhead817 Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland View Post
25 for a starter that has 1 monster, 4 units, and 2 buildings. The monster is random.

13 for a booster. One is a monster booster. It comes with one monster. The second is a unit booster, comes with 4 random units and a random building.
Just to add on to that...when you get a monster, you get both forms, so the monster booster has one character in it, but two figures to represent it.

MARVEL AttackTix Battle Figure Game Game Developer
TRANSFORMERS Bot Shots Battle Game Game Designer
The Avengers Loki's Mercenaries
Old October 9th, 2008, 03:18 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm really excited about the prospect of using the Monsterpocalypse figs in conjunction with the Marvelscape supers :D! I mean, there are giant dinos, otherwordly magical creatures, robots, giant ninja guys, and, best of all, aliens! What else would you need for the classic scenario of the supers defending Earth from otherworldly attackers?

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old October 9th, 2008, 03:20 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorthan313 View Post
I'm really excited about the prospect of using the Monsterpocalypse figs in conjunction with the Marvelscape supers ! I mean, there are giant dinos, otherwordly magical creatures, robots, giant ninja guys, and, best of all, aliens! What else would you need for the classic scenario of the supers defending Earth from otherworldly attackers?
Well you first obstacle is that the bases for the large figures in Monsterpocalpe are square and larger than a single hex tile.
Old October 9th, 2008, 03:22 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Well, the bases for scape figures might be about the same size as the spaces for Monsterpocalypse....

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old October 9th, 2008, 03:23 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I saw these figs for the first time at a recent tourney. They look incredible for a pre-painted game. Clearly better than any other pre-paint I've seen with the exception of AT-43.
Old October 9th, 2008, 03:24 PM

Also, the scale is way off to use it in that way.

DWARVES!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures