Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 3rd, 2019, 10:17 PM
Promotable Material

Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: HEROIC ENCOUNTERS - PDF Download

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfire View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
I wasn't sure how I missed this until I saw all the dates...they all coincide with times I was away from the site due to my car accident or my family issues. We've been discussing hexless heroscape for a while so I'm very interested in reading about this.
I have an updated ruleset now that my group plays with that I may just post one of these days. But borrow whatever concepts you like ... With the specialized rulers, one can simply convert heroscape straight over to a hexless table. Even when my group plays vanilla scape or C3G, we don't use the hexes anymore--it's just so much easier to let your imagination go and design terrain, imo.
Yeah our hangup seems to be changes in elevation. Like it's fine for climbing onto something but how do we gauge slopes and hillsides in a non blockable scape. Building a hill out of stackable hexes is easy to count a change since it's just a series of steps. But in a hexless smooth slope there are no steps. I'm probably overthinking it and figure any smooth slope should just be ignored and only climbing on or over things should matter.
It can get a little difficult sometimes. Most other miniatures games simply call it difficult terrain, which doubles the cost of movement ... essentially the same as a Heroscape hill that is sloped ... costs two to move up one elevation.

So to make that match Heroscape movement, I'd perhaps agree w/ my opponent that the slope is difficult terrain while moving up but not while moving down (for the purpose of mimicking Heroscape movement).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations