Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Old February 23rd, 2012, 08:37 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Avengers Trailer

No, Hydra is normal humans.

I'm betting on either Kree or Skrull (mostly Skrull). They look dull green to me, which points to them and high tech would fit either.

However, they don't look like any race I'm aware of in Marvel so either they are someone obscure (very possible with Whedon who is a major geek) or they altered the look for the movies.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old February 23rd, 2012, 10:11 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

The director has confirmed that Skrull will not be in this movie. (I forget where I read that), but I wouldn't be surprised if they did.
Old February 23rd, 2012, 11:19 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
The director has confirmed that Skrull will not be in this movie. (I forget where I read that), but I wouldn't be surprised if they did.
http://www.craveonline.com/film/arti...n-the-avengers

You are right, it's not the kree or skrull, but it is another alien race. What race? As I said, Joss is a geek, so I bet I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old February 23rd, 2012, 11:53 AM
Sandy 7-Up

RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Maybe they're Atlanteans. Or maybe they're lying about not using Skrulls. Trolls! They're Trolls! Or maybe the Badoon.

Man, too many options.

Old February 23rd, 2012, 12:52 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I read that when they sold the Fantastic Four movie rights to ?Fox studios? that the Skrulls were included so Marvel studios is not allowed, by contract, to use the Skrulls in the Avengers movie. Now personally that sounds pretty dumb to me considering the Skrulls made no appearance or were even referenced in either of the two FF movies they made, so why would they give away the rights to the Skrulls then?
Old February 23rd, 2012, 01:01 PM
Dr Feelgood

It was probably a possible script idea and they locked it down. That's sad though, since they didn't use it.

Old February 23rd, 2012, 01:36 PM
Sandy 7-Up

RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness

In keeping with the Ultimates storyline (black Nick Fury, etc.) maybe they’re going with the Ultimate Skrulls counterpart the Chitauri. It’s the old “we can’t use the Skrulls because of the contract we made with Fox” so “we’ll use the Chitauri which are really the Skrulls, but we don’t call them Skrulls so we don’t get sued for breach of contract” ploy.

Brilliant.

Old February 23rd, 2012, 09:44 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

BUT if a Skrull was able to impersonate RabSheila, or anyone else, how do we know that one of you isn't a Skrull telling us whether or not Skrulls are going to be in the film or not?
Old February 23rd, 2012, 11:05 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I read in Entertainment Weekly awhile back that Marvel was gearing up for an Inhumans movie. Think the "aliens" could be Inhumans?

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old February 24th, 2012, 06:09 AM
Dr Feelgood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margloth View Post
I read in Entertainment Weekly awhile back that Marvel was gearing up for an Inhumans movie. Think the "aliens" could be Inhumans?
Definately not. Mainly, the vast majority of them are human looking. These guys aren't.

Old February 24th, 2012, 08:11 AM
Sandy 7-Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
BUT if a Skrull was able to impersonate RabSheila, or anyone else, how do we know that one of you isn't a Skrull telling us whether or not Skrulls are going to be in the film or not?
Unless a Skrull is impersonating Chas telling us that a Skrull might be one of us telling us that Skrulls are going to be...uh...wait. If Chas is the Skrull telling...er...how many Skrulls does it take to...uh...hold on.

(carry the 4, multiply by 7 Skrulls...)

Crap!

I am a Skrull!

Old February 24th, 2012, 09:46 AM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margloth View Post
Definately not. Mainly, the vast majority of them are human looking. These guys aren't.
Well, there are a whole lot of lesser Inhumans that look weirder, and the characters in the trailer appeared to be in armor to me anyway.

Their helmets look vaguely like a sci-fi Greek or centurion style helmet to me, which could be a more 'real-world' take on the Kree.

Of course they also looked vaguely insectoid to me; has anyone mentioned the Annihilation Wave yet?

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies