Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old March 11th, 2017, 12:38 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: Public Design Post

It's less text and not a crapshoot, which is good, but it's still not going to see much (if any) use. It's basically only going to get trotted out in a situation where Question literally cannot do anything else. Like when he's not engaged and Judge Fear has him Mantrapped or something. It's the niche-est. If you're cool with that, it's a good version of the power.
Old March 11th, 2017, 07:17 PM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
It's less text and not a crapshoot, which is good, but it's still not going to see much (if any) use. It's basically only going to get trotted out in a situation where Question literally cannot do anything else. Like when he's not engaged and Judge Fear has him Mantrapped or something. It's the niche-est. If you're cool with that, it's a good version of the power.
Maybe something that might get a little bit more use then.

TRANSCENDENTAL MEDITATION
After taking a turn with The Question, if The Question did not attack during this turn, you may choose an opponent's Army Card and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 6 or higher, you may view all unrevealed Order Markers on the chosen card.

Added the D20 roll again, since he isn't psychic. This way it better represents him investigating, then meditating to try and piece together the info he came across

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old March 12th, 2017, 11:06 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Why not combine the first two powers? Let him either move a couple spaces or take a peek at an OM when the opponent reveals their OM on [guys Question doesn't like]. I feel like they work well combined to reflect his sort of philosophy-focused investigation thing he does.
Old March 12th, 2017, 11:55 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I would be for letting him choose a card to 'investigate' each round.

There have been some cool Question designs(non-C3G) I would look at.
Something where you actually have to figure out their OMs would be cool.

A little crazy but what about having four glyphs 1,2,3 & X. You can place one under an unrevealed opponent's OM at the start of the round. This is your guess as to what it is.
When that OM is revealed so is your guess/glyph and you get some bonus if you are right.
Old March 12th, 2017, 03:14 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post

A little crazy but what about having four glyphs 1,2,3 & X. You can place one under an unrevealed opponent's OM at the start of the round. This is your guess as to what it is.
When that OM is revealed so is your guess/glyph and you get some bonus if you are right.
That's a cool/interesting mechanic. I'd like to see something like that.
Old March 12th, 2017, 04:16 PM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
Quote:

That's a cool/interesting mechanic. I'd like to see something like that.
That's really interesting, and it makes my gears start turning for a couple of different guys. I'm thinking that some riff on that would be really interesting for Arcade, maybe Cluemaster. Hell, something along those lines might be at home on a new Riddler, should anyone want to design him!

Sorry, I got off on a tangent! I like that idea a lot, so if I don't use it here, I'll definitely find a home for it!

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old March 13th, 2017, 02:13 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

The XOM using figures might make guessing the X a little too easy but I could see 1, 2, & 3 glyphs. Depending on the boost received/penalty assessed, you could place only one or all three each turn. Maybe have both options on one card. Place just one and if you get it right a strong boost/penalty, place all three and each on you get right results in a smaller boost/penalty that only lasts for that one turn.
Old March 13th, 2017, 02:48 AM
Never Forgets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
The XOM using figures might make guessing the X a little too easy but I could see 1, 2, & 3 glyphs. Depending on the boost received/penalty assessed, you could place only one or all three each turn. Maybe have both options on one card. Place just one and if you get it right a strong boost/penalty, place all three and each on you get right results in a smaller boost/penalty that only lasts for that one turn.
I like the mechanic, I just don't know if this specific version of the question requires any very complicated abilities. A Zen warrior/investigative reporter doesn't seem that complicated on paper, so why complicate the card?

I'm definitely putting this idea in my back pocket though.

Old March 13th, 2017, 04:06 AM
Never Forgets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Why not combine the first two powers? Let him either move a couple spaces or take a peek at an OM when the opponent reveals their OM on [guys Question doesn't like]. I feel like they work well combined to reflect his sort of philosophy-focused investigation thing he does.
Maybe something like this

INVESTIGATIVE JOURNALISM
After an opponent reveals a numbered Order Marker on the Army Card of a Criminal, Crime Lord, or Mastermind Army Card that opponent controls, you may either
-move The Question; or
-you may reveal an unrevealed Order Marker on the chosen card.

a little more powerful, but definitely more useful.

Old March 15th, 2017, 01:49 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:

Just make it a 1,2, and 3 Marker instead of a Glyph.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old March 15th, 2017, 04:11 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

So you place your (facedown?) OM(guess) next to their OM?

That could work nice and no additional art work!

I stole that mechanic from another design someone posted in custom superheroes. In that one you had to write your guess on a slip of paper but I knew that would be a little too far out of the box for C3G.
Old April 7th, 2017, 10:09 AM
Self-Destructive Shellfish

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Red face Re: Public Design Post

Welcome to my designs! I have tried to take characters with limited potential in hitting the battlefield, and make them sound fun. That is the challenge in designing that I enjoy. If at any point I become inactive my designs are open to any C3G ally, sidekick, hero, or former hero.

HEROES
Spoiler Alert!

GLYPHS
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by L0B5T3R; July 1st, 2018 at 12:40 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy