Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old July 29th, 2010, 11:24 PM
wants to have Anne Hathaway's babies

Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Point caps in Valhallascape

I don't think we need to see anything bigger/more powerful/more expensive than Jotun or TKN, but I'd like to see just a couple more figures in the same 200-220 point range. Throwing down a baddie like that is fun, and I think we could use more of it.
Old July 29th, 2010, 11:42 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Interesting and informative discussion, since I am not very familiar with the D&D line. I would not mind a few new figures in the 200 range, but I am hoping to see more common squads in the less than 100 point category.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old July 29th, 2010, 11:53 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johngee View Post
I would not mind a few new figures in the 200 range, but I am hoping to see more common squads in the less than 100 point category.
I'm actually surprised with how many 120+ point figures have come out of DND so far. Not that it's a bad thing - It makes sense that some of the big monsters would be powerful enough to deserve such cost.
But I would like to see some more of the really expensive ones, just to give Jotun and the dragons somebody new to fight.
Old July 31st, 2010, 08:46 AM
Taking a man check - Gangnam spider style!

Chilling Touch rolls all skulls baby! Chilling Touch rolls all skulls baby! Chilling Touch rolls all skulls baby! Chilling Touch rolls all skulls baby! Chilling Touch rolls all skulls baby! Chilling Touch rolls all skulls baby!

I really enjoy playing charos (thank you gs') and I really think that a few more above 200, would make gameplay more fun, even if you do not play them. I would like to see a few more in the 200-250 range, but I also agree that over that decreases playability.

Chilling Touch is Kee-Kee storytelling the PARALLEL CAVE...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT
Old July 31st, 2010, 02:35 PM

dragon master is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I agree with Nate. I like having a 2 man army[jotun and charos].
Old July 31st, 2010, 03:00 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Something occurs at the higher point limit that changes how units play. When you break the 200 pt mark and increase the Att, Def and ability to move quickly (flying) too much the units play different than traditional units. They have very large variance which leads to greater swings in play. This can be lots of fun, but does not fit well into the current game stats.

Creating an off shoot with high point figures may work, but comparing them to 50 point squads and 10 point heroes is simply too different.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old July 31st, 2010, 03:07 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

I think there are certain sweet spots in Heroscape, like 70 for a common squad, and 120 for a Unique, where, if you make the squad feel "right" for roughly that total, you've got yourself something that gels well with Valhallascape. Too low and it feels like you shouldn't bother with an OM on it (Shiori), or it feels underpriced (Raelin I or Stingers), and too high and it just messes with how much emphasis is put on one figure (expensive squads, Major Q9, any Marvels, and even some of my favorites like Nilfheim and Braxas).

But people who really enjoy playing the big dragons, avoid common squads, and enjoy marvel too, would probably really enjoy some expensive figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)

Last edited by Jexik; July 31st, 2010 at 03:11 PM. Reason: /agree with Wriggz. Also, ~30 is probably the common hero number.
Old July 31st, 2010, 04:08 PM

ROADRAGE is surprisingly tart

I think a lot of people would enjoy some higher point figures that can do it all including myself and while playing these can be a blast they can also be a bust when they die prematurely i.e. Braxus and this is also fun for experienced players when they destroy that big guy.

There is also figures like Kato and Sparty that cost 200 and aid some of the weaker armies out there so hopefully we get some more of this in the future.

Last edited by ROADRAGE; July 31st, 2010 at 04:13 PM. Reason: go jotun
Old July 31st, 2010, 05:56 PM
Good is Dumb

Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'd like to see some really expensive units that give the feel of doing a World of Warcraft raid.

500 point Dragon

Dragon may choose two of these attacks:
1. Fire Breath Special Attack
Attack 5. Range: any unit within 6 hexes of the front dragon hex.

2. Mind Control or Fear

3. At the end of each round, each hex on level 1 within 6 hexes of the dragon is treated as a lava field.

4. On a roll of 12 or higher, place two Fire Elementals adjacent to the Dragon.

5. Before taking a turn with Dragon, take a turn with two Fire Elementals.

Life 15
Move 6
Range 6
Attack 6
Defense 6

Just shooting from the hip with these stats/abilities, but I've been thinking about this for a while.

Might need a bigger card.

Check out Gulp's Glyphs Not Worth Grabbing and Gulp's Abilities Not Worth Activating! Very Useful Thread: The Heroscape Library

"Heroscapers.com is not a charity site for the illiterate." -Gbob
Old July 31st, 2010, 10:17 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I guess I just wonder what exciting things I would or could do >225. It seems to me there are two prototypes that could work:

1) Drizzt/Lord of Blades/Other High Level Hero/Villain.

Since at such high point totals they become one man armies it is difficult to figure out how to balance them against both heroes and squads. It is also tricky to make sure they would be fun to play and to play against by more traditional armies. Since there almost needs to be a way to attack multiples and an autoshield or healing factor built in, there isn't much room for creative powers.

Example:

Quote:
Hunefer
Undead

Size M 5
Life 7
Move 6
Range 1
Attack 7
Defense 5

Great Cleave
Each time Hunefer destroys a figure with a normal attack, Hunefer may make another normal attack.

Chain Lightning Special Attack
Range 7 + Special. Attack 5. The first target of Chain Lightning Special Attack must be within a Range of 7. After attacking with Chain Lightning Special Attack, if the defending figure receives at least 2 wounds, all enemy figures within two spaces of the defending figure receive one unblockable wound.

Fast Healing 2
Before rolling initiative remove up to two wound markers from this card.

Stealth Flying
When counting spaces for Hunefer's movement, ignore elevations. Hunefer may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. If Hunefer is engaged when it starts to fly, it will not take any leaving engagement attacks.
2) A Summoner/Ressurector/Commander

This concept is probably someone who can ease OM management while simultaneously bringing back dead figures. A powered-up mobile Hive.

Example:

Quote:
Lich King
Undead

Size M 5
Life 9
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 6
Defense 6

Undead Horde
All figures in an army containing a Lich King have Undead as their Species unless they are Soulborgs or Constructs.

Horde Assault
After revealing an Order Marker on a Lich King, instead of taking a turn with the Lich King, you may immediately take a turn with up to two different Undead heroes and/or squads you control.

Rise Again
Before rolling initiative, place up to three of your previously destroyed Undead figures adjacent to a Lich King you control.
~Aldin, imaginatively

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old July 31st, 2010, 10:50 PM

Kroz knows what's in an order marker Kroz knows what's in an order marker

I want that lich with my Zombies!
Old July 31st, 2010, 10:51 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I would love to see a couple figures in the 200 point range. I have actually been disappointed that we have only really had two figures of over 150 points thus far. Sure, a bunch of cheap figures are nice, but sometimes you just want to draft a huge dragon or something that can really bring a lot of pain.

Just one or two in the 200-275 point range, and one or two more in the 150-200 point range, would be nice.

edit: to the person who gave me the anonymous rep, I meant that we have only recieved two units over 150 points in D&Dscape (warhulk - 150 and Shurrak - 160), not in all of Heroscape.

Last edited by Warlord Alpha; August 1st, 2010 at 02:24 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion