Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old June 1st, 2009, 08:15 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: HUGE ARMIES games

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeman1968 View Post
For the most part any argueement you make for IF this happens your army is in trouble/slaughtered.....the same thing can happen on a 400-600 point game. If I have a army/armies that goes crazy wild with skulls and I roll lots of shields on defense. The outcome will be very similar whether I have 4 Army cards or 20.
Except the outcome is NOT the same.

In your situation, you are using (example) 3 sets of Order Markers. As you lose cards, you lose Order Markers. Lets say you are down to your last couple cards. Then, your opponent still has 3 sets, and you only have 1 set. He is getting to move 3 units each turn, while you're limited to only moving 1.

In a 400-600 point game, the opponent and you BOTH have 1 set of Order Markers. So even if you're down to your last card, you have the same number of activations as your opponent, no matter what (Ignoring squads and heroes).

Your outcome is losing 2 activations a turn, while the real situation is losing none.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeman1968
As cards are removed you will turn in one of your Order Markers so that you do not have more OM then you do cards(exception is 1 or 2 cards).
And this sentence, to me, makes no sense. In most Tournament games I've played, each player has around 3 or 4 cards. Which means a majority of them have more Order Markers than cards. In an Arrow Grut army I played against, the opponent had 5 cards. He only ever placed Order Markers on 2 of them, making this an efficient army. But the thing is, he placed all 3 Order Markers on the Arrow Gruts every round until they were gone. In your scenario, you can only put 1 OM per card. To me, this is probably the stupidest rule you have.
Old June 2nd, 2009, 12:09 PM

wolfeman1968 is surprisingly tart

This set of rules is for large armies and not Tournaments. I realize most people play with only 300 to 600 point armys and in this case Use the normal HS rules. My rules are designed for when you want to pull out and use half you figures in your box in MASSIVE battles.
The idea of only one OM per card is so that almost ALL your figures get to move in a round where if you play with normal rules at best only 6 cards would move and if you had 12 cards: half your army is sitting on the "sidelines" waiting for action or getting picked off by range attackers.

Yes there are some characters in your army you would like to use every turn but this rules gives the flavor of a HUGE battle going on and units coordinating with each other that normally would not. You can move large groups together or move in on 2 fronts the possibilities for strategy really make this a unique way to play, and it may not work for everyone but for those of us who can decide on using such very few units when I got over 200 units to pick from, you can play with all your favorites and then some.
Old June 2nd, 2009, 02:49 PM

I can understand what you mean about an army maintaining an advantage, because of a successful round by an opponent you could lose several OM and they still have all theirs. Many times I have played this way it has happened and yes I see now how one army can get an advantage quickly but the next round they could restore balance. If not the weaker army could be in a big tailspin.

In this case I would say I will amend my rule: At the end of the round OM will be reduced to the fewest number of cards in any army.
Example: I have 12 cards but my opponent has 9 cards. I would also give of OM to go down to 9 OM.
This will keep the balance of the same number of units taking a turn provideing they are not destroyed before there turn.
Old June 2nd, 2009, 02:53 PM

Q9 Kid Woo who?

I don't know if someone has said this already, but Bixby has a set of rules for large armies in his Bixby's Hextreme heroscape Spreadsheet in the downloads section. It's in the tab labled MA/M/A
Old June 2nd, 2009, 04:11 PM

Skeletor knows what's in an order marker Skeletor knows what's in an order marker Skeletor knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q9 Kid View Post
I don't know if someone has said this already, but Bixby has a set of rules for large armies in his Bixby's Hextreme heroscape Spreadsheet in the downloads section. It's in the tab labled MA/M/A

link I couldn't find it.

Are you sure it isn't in a codex?
Old June 2nd, 2009, 04:12 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeletor View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q9 Kid View Post

link I couldn't find it.

Are you sure it isn't in a codex?
Bixby's Hextreme HeroScape Spreadsheet
Old June 2nd, 2009, 04:17 PM

Skeletor knows what's in an order marker Skeletor knows what's in an order marker Skeletor knows what's in an order marker

Ah and the Hextreme rules are in Codex 5

http://www.hscodex.com/issue5.html

That excell sheet didn't make sence to me. I was hopping you could pick a army number and then it would spit out a usable army. What am I missing? What is the point of that spreadsheet?

Last edited by Skeletor; June 2nd, 2009 at 04:23 PM.
Old June 2nd, 2009, 06:29 PM

Disposable Hero is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I'd rather have smaller, 500-point games, but my brother hates points, so we end up doing around 800 per game.

Demerge Disney And Marvel!!!
Old January 21st, 2010, 01:11 PM

Sylvano the Wasabus rolls all skulls baby! Sylvano the Wasabus rolls all skulls baby! Sylvano the Wasabus rolls all skulls baby! Sylvano the Wasabus rolls all skulls baby!

We play massive armies too, and it does call for different rules. Using OMs with fifteen + cards is just too difficult.
We either use command cards (I picked them somewhere on this site and adapted them) You get a handful, perhaps ten cards and they say things like: move one army card, move one squad card, move, attack, move, etc.
And sometimes, because I play with kids, we just do a simple every card gets to move on your turn, with the house rule that a card can only move twice per turn with bonuses. The kids understand that well and it involves a bit of planning too which keeps it fun.
Old January 22nd, 2010, 06:52 PM

We still play with large armies, but now we will all start with 2 or 3 of each set. When one player cards drop below the number of markers then everyone slowly receives less and less markers until we are down to 1 set.
Old June 11th, 2010, 12:27 PM

Evisceraxe is surprisingly tart

One thing I have noticed since joining this site is that almost everybody plays different then me and my cousin. I have a large amount of terrain and figures and I always thought the point was, "if you spent the money on it, actually USE it." I play exactly that way. All my maps use all my terrain and we play using all my figures. I personally don't enjoy small games as Heroscape is labeled as "the battle of all time" so for me a small amount of figures isn't really doing the game justice.

The best way to move for us is to use the three OM in a turn. That way the turns are short enough to keep us interested and since we don't finish in one night we will come back the next night with a fresh mind and keep playing.

This is just the way I play and the way I think it is best to play Heroscape.

Check out my Customs here:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=37016

**General Update 1-30-12
Old June 11th, 2010, 12:43 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evisceraxe View Post
One thing I have noticed since joining this site is that almost everybody plays different then me and my cousin. I have a large amount of terrain and figures and I always thought the point was, "if you spent the money on it, actually USE it." I play exactly that way. All my maps use all my terrain and we play using all my figures. I personally don't enjoy small games as Heroscape is labeled as "the battle of all time" so for me a small amount of figures isn't really doing the game justice.

The best way to move for us is to use the three OM in a turn. That way the turns are short enough to keep us interested and since we don't finish in one night we will come back the next night with a fresh mind and keep playing.

This is just the way I play and the way I think it is best to play Heroscape.
So your way is better than the published rules? Interesting.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions