Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old September 22nd, 2012, 12:27 PM

Roland1919 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Kickstarter

Ok, maybe this is a wild idea but I think KICKSTARTER may be the way to get Heroscape back on the map (Yes, The pun was intended, LOL). OK If your not familiar KICKSTARTER is a company that gives a business a leg up on funding projects through "Pledges". The person(s) lay out their idea, set money goals and attempt to fund their project. Very successful from what I can see. So, how do we pry Heroscape from Wizards? Get a design team together, and relaunch Heroscape. I believe Kickstarter is the answer. Please voice your opinion here before I start doing my research. Thanks All!
Old September 22nd, 2012, 12:29 PM

Re: Kickstarter

Oh sorry, the website is www.kickstarter.com
Old September 24th, 2012, 10:00 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

The idea has been mentioned here before. I think that you have to own the rights to whatever it is you're putting on Kickstarter, so we can't do one for Heroscape. It would have to be Hasbro or WotC behind it.

Reaper Miniatures recently had a vastly successful Kickstarter campaign for some of their minis. Also, Wizkids had enough of a positive response from their Mageknight Kickstarter that they cancelled the KS and just went ahead with production. Hopefully those got some corporate attention and something will happen for Heroscape.
Old September 25th, 2012, 02:11 AM

TheExplodingCheez knows what's in an order marker TheExplodingCheez knows what's in an order marker

yeah, you can't imagine the legal trouble you'd get into if you tried to solicit money to restart it on your own. And for the record, indiegogo is much better than kickstarter for the sole reason that if you do not reach your goal, kickstarter does not give you any of your money.

My Satirical Strategy Review (dedz to Bothi, stay tuned for more!)

~TheCheez
Old September 25th, 2012, 02:24 AM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheExplodingCheez View Post
yeah, you can't imagine the legal trouble you'd get into if you tried to solicit money to restart it on your own. And for the record, indiegogo is much better than kickstarter for the sole reason that if you do not reach your goal, kickstarter does not give you any of your money.
Kickstarter also doesn't charge anyone, Indiegogo screws people out of their money. It's a gambling website more than it is an investment possibility.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old September 25th, 2012, 06:25 AM
This is genius...

The Disciplined Soldier knows what's in an order marker The Disciplined Soldier knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheExplodingCheez View Post
Kickstarter also doesn't charge anyone, Indiegogo screws people out of their money. It's a gambling website more than it is an investment possibility.
Wait a minute I'm confused, you sound like you agree with TEC, but yet you contradict him, by making Indiegogo look good and kickstarter bad, while he does the opposite.

By the way, I don't know if it could pried from wizards, one of the biggest I think they shut it down was because it competed with D&D. They're not going to give something the chance to come back to life that might hurt them. I like the idea, but I think WotC will not go along.

Einar is the best general... End of argument...
Old September 26th, 2012, 12:30 AM

TDS, Do you know this to be true or is it a guess? I would like to know who I can contact and at least start asking the tough questions. (Licensing/Trademarks/Etc) Look, in this day and age if the Supply and Demand model call for the continuation of a product, so be it. Everyone wins. The question, I think, is there a "REAL" Demand. I notice there is a petition (which Ive signed) but how many names does it take to get a response? Heroscape can be narrowed down to just Waves and not Accessories. Granted I'd love to see Ruins/Tombs/Buildings and such but for now I'd just take more waves to expand the clans as well as the addition of more Flag Beareres. I think Kickstarter is the perfect opportunity to do it. A pledged goal of $50,000 would be met and well exceeded in a matter of days. Heck I can see $500,000 range. Afterall the product is already established.
Old September 26th, 2012, 10:40 AM

Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
How can I get a license to manufacture clothing/products for Wizards of the Coast products?

To get permission to use Wizards of the Coast copyrighted materials on a product you need to enter into a licensing agreement with Hasbro licensing. You can contact Hasbro for further assistance by clicking here.
Which is just a generic link to customer service. Guess you can ask them for a contact?
Old September 27th, 2012, 10:03 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I'd be all for it. I just bought my first Kickstarter board game, although I didn't get it until it was already published; Empires of the Void. However, your problem is not WOTC but their parent company HASBRO, who has a history of having held onto their copyrights like grim death, and occasionally rereleased them years later. Because Hasbro and Mattel ate up almost all the other toy companies, no one can stand against them.

I see Kickstarter and etc. as the natural antidote to this situation for new designs and independent creators. However, I think prying Scape from Hasbro would be next to impossible, as do most of the folks who have discussed the possibility of "liberating" Heroscape since the announcement of its discontinuation!

Last edited by chas; September 27th, 2012 at 01:25 PM.
Old September 27th, 2012, 11:24 AM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think it's worth a shot, If Hasbro lets you use the copyright, awesome, if not, it was a long shot in the first place.

It would be awesome to have a rerun of Scape though. I miss seeing new units.
Old September 27th, 2012, 12:08 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Another problem I'm seeing is that they are still using the hex tiles in current products. They will probably want to keep the combat dice system too since that's a holdover from HeroQuest, an old Milton-Bradly game.
Old September 27th, 2012, 12:18 PM

Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
Another problem I'm seeing is that they are still using the hex tiles in current products.
What product ? Are those tiles compatible with heroscape tiles ?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News