Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Closed Thread

Old October 25th, 2011, 12:59 PM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Heroes of Fiction Display Thread

Great repaints mac Have some rep
Old November 3rd, 2011, 02:59 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth
Re: Heroes of Fiction Display Thread: Eragon Shadeslayer

The Chronicle of Eragon Shadeslayer

Hero of Literature from The Inheritance Series.
The figure used for this unit is a Heroscape figure from the Battle for the Underdark master set.
Its name is: Tandros Kreel

Character Bio - Eragon is the protagonist of the Inheritance Cycle, a fantasy series of novels by Christopher Paolini. He is also known as Eragon Shadeslayer, Argetlam, Shur'tugal and Kingkiller and is the last hope for Alagaësia to rid the great land of the evil of Galbatorix. Eragon is learns the ways of the Riders of Old and is taught to ride dragons by elves. Eragon later becomes half elf after a transformation caused by the dragons.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
• TBA

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received

-TBA

Synergy Benefits Offered:

-TBA

Strategy, Tactics and Tips

-TBA

Recommended Figure: Tandros Kreel

Text Version
Spoiler Alert!

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031

Last edited by mac122; November 19th, 2013 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Added Chronicle info
Old November 8th, 2011, 02:52 AM

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Finished painting Ash Williams.

Ash Williams is Cole, Human Survivor, from Studio Miniatures.

I've started working on Simon Belmont. I'm trying to work out how to adapt the style from the card image to the armor/clothing configuration of the figure.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List

Last edited by mac122; November 8th, 2011 at 07:19 PM.
Old November 8th, 2011, 02:29 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Beautiful!

Old November 8th, 2011, 02:51 PM

Thanks! Ash's paint job isn't that dark in person - the lighting stinks in my hobby room. Though after I was done, I wished I had gone with a lighter color shirt.
I used this for an example

when I should have used one like this:

(Hmmm, that image is mirrored)

I'm still very pleased at how it turned out.

The chainsaw has given me problems. This is my first time working with metal minis. I bought the fancy glue from my FLGS, but I've had to re-glue it 5 times. There is an indentation on the end of the chainsaw where Ash's arm stub is supposed to fit. Unfortunately, I didn't notice a small glob of metal in the dent until after I had finished painting. I think I finally have a good fit. I'm going to be very carefull handling this one. If any of you decide to get the "Cole, Human Survivor" figure, learn from my mistake and check the fit of the chainsaw on the arm before you paint.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old November 19th, 2011, 08:37 PM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Hey, On Buffys card there is a typo.On the Slayers strength it reads "Has the Drain Life special" It should read "Has the Life Drain special"

Tournament Record:128-54 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old November 19th, 2011, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boromir96 View Post
Hey, On Buffys card there is a typo.On the Slayers strength it reads "Has the Drain Life special" It should read "Has the Life Drain special"
Thanks! Good catch. I also noticed today that I have the Predator as a Unique Hero but he's supposed to be an Uncommon Hero. I'll get these fixed.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old November 20th, 2011, 12:14 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Moving along nicely, guys.

Old November 20th, 2011, 03:27 AM

The cards for Buffy an Predator have been fixed - you may need to clear your browser cache to see them.

As I was fixing the errors, I noticed the text box for Name was shifted too far to the left. Long names ended up against the border of the card. I edited the MSE file to shift it over. The gist of this is that I'll be updating the other cards over the next few days.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old November 21st, 2011, 03:14 AM

OK. The cards should all be updated with the Name text box fix. I also edited the code on my MSE to allow placement the HoF logo while in MSE instead of after the fact. First, it saves me a few steps to place the logo. Second, I found that after adding the logo and resaving, the file size was about double - had to do with the quality settings I was using in GIMP. Now, the images are much more manageable at around 300kb.

If anyone notices any other errors, don't hesitate to post them.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old January 25th, 2012, 01:54 AM

Re: Heroes of Fiction Display Thread: Ezio Auditore

The Chronicle of Ezio Auditore

Hero of Video Games from the Assassin's Creed Series.
The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Assassin's Creed set.
Its model number and name are: #01 / Ezio

Character Bio - Ezio Auditore da Firenze is a fictional character and one of the main characters of Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed video game series. Ezio was born into the nobility on June 24, 1459, in the city of Florence. Ezio's family were the victims of an evil plot that ultimately took the lives of his father and brothers. Through Ezio's help, both his mother and younger sister managed to survive. From the day of his family's execution, Ezio is labeled a criminal and a traitor. This atrocity leads to Ezio beginning the ways of the Assassins.

• TBA

-TBA

-TBA

Strategy, Tactics and Tips

-TBA

Recommended Figure:

Text Version
Spoiler Alert!

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List

Last edited by mac122; November 19th, 2013 at 05:06 PM.
Old April 13th, 2012, 09:59 AM

Re: Heroes of Fiction Display Thread: Duncan MacLeod/The Sou

The Chronicle of Duncan MacLeod

Hero of Television from The Highlander Series.
The figure used for this unit is a modified and repainted Heroscape figure from the Rise of the Valkyrie master set.
Its name is: Agent Carr
Figure modified with parts from Heroscape figures from the Rise of the Valkyrie and Swarm of the Marro master sets.
Their names are: Krav Maga Agent and Sgt. Drake Alexander

Character Bio - Duncan MacLeod is the protagonist of the Highlander TV series and it's spin off movies. Born in 1592 in Glenfinnin, Scotland. Just before his 30th birthday, Duncan is wounded in a battle with a rival clan, he dies in front of his father. He awakens fully healed, but is cast out by his clan who think his resurrection is due to witchcraft. He is eventually found, learns of his immortality and is mentored by his clansman and fellow immortal Conner MacLeod.
(Bio pieced together from Wikipedia article by jcmcminis)

• N/A

-Knights of Weston / MacDirk Warriors : Human Champion Bonding
-As a human champion, Duncan MacLeod may benefit from the Knights Of Weston and MacDirk Warriors Human Champion Bonding activation bonus.

-4th Massachussetts Line : Valiant Army Defense Bonus
-- Having a Valiant personality, Duncan MacLeod may aid the 4th Massachusetts Line with their Valiant Army Defense Bonus.

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
• TBA

Recommended figure:

Text version
Spoiler Alert!

Glyph of the Source

Glyph Label
Spoiler Alert!

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List

Last edited by mac122; March 11th, 2013 at 01:56 PM.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum