Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old June 15th, 2009, 10:06 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
5 Point Hero

Recent Wave releases have shown us very low pointed Heroes. We first had a 30 point Hero, Guilty McCreech. Then came along a 20 point Hero, Marcu Esenwein. Finally, Isamu and Otonashi became the lowest cost Heroes at 10 points each. These figures were meant to be point fillers and, now can be seen as figures that could carry more potentional than thier points intended (in my opinion).

Now, Heroscapers are seeing more odd-pointed figures appearing on battlefields across Valhalla (just look at Aquilla's Alliance). They can cause many point-filling problems on the battlefield, as you have to compensate for the odd points.

So, I was wondering, why hasn't a 5 point figure been created? Sure they would be incredibly weak (perhaps) and it may make more sense for a 15-point figure, but who has not come across a time when they had five less points than they needed for a complete army?

So, what I am really asking is, in your opinion what would be a good 5 point Hero? One that could actually make sense to be in an army, but yet also be a good point filler? Their is no right or wrong answer, only smart or dumb ones.

MegaSilver

Last edited by MegaSilver; June 15th, 2009 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Typo. And Sujoah pointed out mistake.
Old June 15th, 2009, 10:09 PM

Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: 5 Point Hero

Isamu was released in Wave 7 and is also 10 points, so he was the first 10-point hero.

Really, Isamu without Vanish 9, and only +1 attack against Jandar figures would probably be a good 5-point hero
Old June 15th, 2009, 10:13 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujoah View Post
Isamu was released in Wave 7 and is also 10 points, so he was the first 10-point hero.

Really, Isamu without Vanish 9, and only +1 attack against Jandar figures would probably be a good 5-point hero
I do not have Isamu, so I did not know he was 10 points. Thanks for noticing it. I have fixed that. Also, you are probably right about the second part, but please think of a general idea for a new Hero.

MegaSilver
Old June 15th, 2009, 10:19 PM

ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker

Its not a good idea in my opinion. If they kill anything they will have earned their points and if they don't oh well it's only 5 points lost. It would be too sure of a gamble.

On the flip side I suppose a 5 point common hero would be good cannon fodder especially if they became better as you add more of them some how. I'll expand on this and give it a try.
Old June 15th, 2009, 10:21 PM

kpotassiumk19 is surprisingly tart

Maybe an aquilla ninja would be cool. Aquilla just seems to me as the type of army that likes to hide and ambush, so possibly something like stealth defense (eov's but only like +3 or 4) and a move where you get an attack bonus for moving into adjacency that turn. The ninja would be good for assassinating, but once engaged, he/she would be useless with only like 2 defense or something.

"The greatest advice ever given to me was don't be an idiot. Before I do anything, I always think, would an idiot do this? If they would, I don't do it."

~Dwight, The Office
Old June 15th, 2009, 10:26 PM

SpiderCoach knows what's in an order marker SpiderCoach knows what's in an order marker

I'd think a 5-point hero might look something like Isamu with no special powers whatsoever.

"If winning doesn't matter, why keep score?"

Special Thanks to: stay_golden_PONYBOY, Browncoat, Onacara, King's Knight, Grishnakh, and Kenjib

Good Traders: capnfrank, heroscaper314, R˙chean
Old June 15th, 2009, 10:34 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

It should have Nilfheim bonding.

Seriously, there are so many things that could be possible. Point cost only tells you so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)

Last edited by Jexik; June 15th, 2009 at 10:41 PM.
Old June 15th, 2009, 11:10 PM

BurnyFlame has disabled reputation

The closest thing to this that I would want is a 2-figure unique squad for 10 points. I really DO NOT want to see a 5 point hero, because I feel it would force everyone to bring it to tournaments, but I do want to see more heroes that end in "5" (like 75, 105) because I think that is a better way to fix the "problem" of point filling.

But I think the problem is really a non-issue. If everyone is 5 points under in a 525 point tournament for instance, then just call it a 520 point tournament. Tournament army point values are completely arbitrary.
Old June 16th, 2009, 12:17 AM

Dualahorn knows what's in an order marker Dualahorn knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnyFlame View Post
I really DO NOT want to see a 5 point hero, because I feel it would force everyone to bring it to tournaments, but I do want to see more heroes that end in "5" (like 75, 105) because I think that is a better way to fix the "problem" of point filling.
That sums it up, we need more units that end in 5.

You're going to need a bigger table.
Old June 16th, 2009, 12:29 AM

Majai of Dreams is surprisingly tart

I picture a 5 point hero as a sort of "side kick". When they are drafted, you must choose a unique hero you have in your army, and they give them a pre determined bonus as long as this figure is on the field and within 5 spaces of the chosen hero.

I picture that it would be a weak figure with pathetic stats like 1 life, 4 movement and 2 attack and defense, but they give a small boost that makes an existing figure a little better. There could be a variety of them so you can really customize your army.

Utgar could have a 5 point soul borg that gives 1 extra life to a chosen deathwalker.

Einar can have one that gives a chosen Samurai hero +1 automatic defense on defense rolls.

Ullar can have one that boosts the range of a ranged hero by 1.

Vydar could have a special agent that adds +2 to the d20 roll on a vydar unit.

Jandar can have some kind of martyr that sacrifices itself when its chosen hero would be destroyed and it can be destroyed in its place.

If this is a common hero, there should be a cap that only one 5 point helper unit can be added to each hero per game.

If a variety come out, added customization can make similar armies different. You may have Sgt Drake with an enhancer that adds to his attack, but I may have a Drake with a speed enhancer.

Make sound effects when you play Heroscape! It is sometimes annoying, but always more fun!
Old June 16th, 2009, 10:23 AM

MalignantT is surprisingly tart

The 10 point heroes are already undervalued and only a worth an order marker on special occasion.

Even fairly worthless squads have members that aren't worth 10 apiece.

15, 25, 35, 45, 55 point heroes... sure why not, so long as what they do is something useful for the 5 points oddity cost.

edit: but if I was going to have a 5 point figure, I think it would be best used as a sacrificial pawn.

although... now that I think about it, I had ideas for having 5 point vehicles... something that increases the movement of adjacent figures during their turn, while the vehicle itself would effectively do nothing (except maybe explode on destruction).

Last edited by MalignantT; June 16th, 2009 at 10:32 AM. Reason: sticking to suggestion:
Old June 16th, 2009, 10:31 AM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

You're high. Isamu has only in a very few games, out of hundreds of matches, not gotten at least his 10 points worth, and generally he gets 10x his points worth.

Otonashi...she's garbage.

As for multples of 5, we've already got that in Nilfy, among others, so it's no new gig. Swog Riders are 25...what's the news here?

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units