Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old February 27th, 2020, 10:21 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
Re: Public Design Workshop

Has Hulk ever really lead the Avengers?
Old February 27th, 2020, 11:00 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
I think the main problem is we're pairing this guy whose main goal is calming people down with a design that actively doesn't want to be calmed down. Like anything that involves Samson trying to keep the Rage Marker on Hulk's card feels kind of untrue to what the character spends most of his time doing; helping supers get over emotional problems like rage. It would be way easier if C3G Hulk had more of a rampage mechanic.
Yeah, definitely agreed with this. The main way to help the Hulk is to help him stay engaged and go nuts, which is just not what Samson is about. Been struggling to really wrap my head around any mechanics I like here.
Old February 27th, 2020, 11:08 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
It feels like there’s a real schism on if Avengers versions need to be leaders or not. My argument is that Hulk, while he’s not really a leadership type, brings a unique mechanic to the team that deserves to be represented on a card. I very much have a conception of what Avengers Hulk is, and it seems like a bummer to totally shut down that version because we arbitrarily decided all Avengers Markers versions have to have been appointed a leader at some point.
Old February 27th, 2020, 11:53 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Fwiw, as the first person to LD something with Avenger Markers (and maybe the second as well?) it's never been my perspective that they should be exclusive to leader types.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 28th, 2020, 12:11 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
It feels like there’s a real schism on if Avengers versions need to be leaders or not. My argument is that Hulk, while he’s not really a leadership type, brings a unique mechanic to the team that deserves to be represented on a card. I very much have a conception of what Avengers Hulk is, and it seems like a bummer to totally shut down that version because we arbitrarily decided all Avengers Markers versions have to have been appointed a leader at some point.
I just got the feeling that all of our Avenger Markers powers were leadership powers. I would love to see an Avengers Hulk design with a marker based power that wasn't a leadership one.
Old February 28th, 2020, 09:02 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I think there's probably a clever way to play with Avengers Markers in a non-leadership capacity, but it would really have to be outside the box. Like, "choose X figures, those figures get a boost/a sidekick/OM management" is always going to feel like a leadership power, y'know?
Old February 28th, 2020, 09:44 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Hawkeye's doesn't feel like a leadership power, IMO.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 28th, 2020, 10:55 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Yeah, I didn't think so either. Didn't want him to play like a normal leader as his leadership style wasn't like others had been. He's more of a team support guy.

I know we had work-shopped a buddy up pairing for either Hulk or Thor at one point or a friendly rivalry type power like Legolas and Gimli have in LotR.
Old February 28th, 2020, 01:35 PM
Tickle Pickle

Could Hulk get a power that let you dish out a couple of Avengers Markers and then as figures with Avengers Markers die they go on Hulk’s card and boost his attack and defense. Would represent him getting enraged by his teammates falling.
Old February 28th, 2020, 01:41 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I had that planned more as Thor's role when we talked about him. Having him be more of a literal avenger, fighting for his fallen comrades. I see Hulk as more selfish and grumpy compared to the other Avengers, mostly concerned with being the "strongest." Like I don't see him being particularly concerned if Tony gets hurt.
Old February 28th, 2020, 02:28 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

I like Tickle's suggestion. It could allow him to boost via Avengers Markers or Wounds. Maybe fall back to Hasbro Hulk's attack only boost to level it out. I think there is potential there!

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

RIP George Perez and Stan Lee
Old March 3rd, 2020, 06:46 PM
Just A Head

Quote:

NAME = GOD EMPEROR DOOM
SECRET IDENTITY = VICTOR VON DOOM

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = EVENT HERO
CLASS = DEITY
PERSONALITY = IMPOSING

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 8

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 6
ATTACK = 8
DEFENSE = 8

POINTS = 900?

GOD OF BATTLEWORLD
God Emperor Doom does not start the game on the battlefield. While God Emperor Doom is on this card and not destroyed, you may still place and reveal Order Markers on this card and take turns with God Emperor Doom, during which he cannot move or attack. After revealing an Order Marker on this card, before taking a turn with God Emperor Doom, you may take a turn with a Unique Hero you control, or two Unique Heroes if God Emperor Doom is not on the battlefield. After taking a turn with a Unique Hero you control, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 1 or lower, remove any Order Markers on that figure's Army Card and choose an opponent to take control of that figure and its card.

ABOVE PETTY MATTERS
Whenever a figure you control is destroyed, or when an opponent takes permanent control of a figure you control, if that figure;
  • Is an Event Hero
  • Is the second Unique Hero you control to be destroyed or taken permanent control of this round
  • Is the last figure you control on the battlefield
Immediately place God Emperor Doom on any space on the battlefield and move all unrevealed Order Markers on Army Cards you control to this card. At the end of the round, if God Emperor Doom is not the only figure you control, place him on this Army Card.

SUPERSTRENGTH

FLYING
Can y'all tell I've been in a F4 mood?

This is specifically Doom from Secret Wars 2015, where he had the powers of like 100 Beyonders or something stupid like that. As such, 900 is probably really freaking lowball, but (A) he isn't super-active in-story (mainly just sitting in the castle letting his generals and advisors do the work), and (B) I want you to have enough points to be able to draft those generals and advisors.

He ended up a lot like Ronin's Emperor Stark which...wasn't really intended, but it makes a lot of sense. Massive amounts of turn efficiency and OM safety, but even his closest allies are going to turn on him eventually.

I had another power on there I really dug, but I had to toss it aside and he's still pretty overstuffed. For preservation's sake, here was that power;
Quote:
SUFFERS NO FOOLS
Whenever a figure within clear sight of God Emperor Doom would receive four or more wounds from a single attack or special power, that figure is automatically destroyed.
If we could get away with just calling him Doom in the power text instead of God Emperor Doom, I imagine that would cut down on text space a lot.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy