Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old August 30th, 2019, 11:45 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Phantom Stranger (design)

I think a lot of his price is going to go into his value as a cleanup unit, though, and that's always a shame, since it would discourage thematic play.

But that's just my gut instinct. I'm fine going with the "only attacks Event Heroes or if he's the only guy left" version though. I like it on paper. I'm just skeptical about it playing that way on the battlefield.
Old August 30th, 2019, 11:49 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I mean, it's ultimately a battle game, so there's only so much we can do in that department. He can and does fight, though.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 30th, 2019, 11:54 AM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

The defensive version where he's counterstriking, still kinda gets that across though, fwiw. If he's not one to strike first, it makes sense he's the "Morpheus" type in the sense that he's blocking shots and counter attacking to prove his dominance when necessary.

I'm good either way though. The radical, doesn't attack just counters, is kind of a cool unique approach for a design, so I do dig that radical approach for that reason. Makes him stand out. We could always flesh it out a little further though, as even then, if someone has a d20 or auto wound type power, he's screwed in a 1-on-1 encounter. We also have to be a little cautious that we don't go down the "never requires or warrants an OM on him" road.
Old September 5th, 2019, 05:21 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Phantom Stranger (hold)

I think it is safe to say that this guy would not hesitate to act against someone that he feels outclasses him. He would stare down Spectre in a fight, but if he felt Spectre was going to act, he would try to get that first shot it, IMO and Experience.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez and Stan Lee
Old September 27th, 2019, 01:14 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Phantom Stranger - Design

OK, officially took over the OP and SP here, deducted my points, and put this back into the active design phase. If you have lingering thoughts about a direction here, let me know! I plan to ponder over this today and possibly tomorrow and post a direction once my mind is a bit more settled.

Old September 27th, 2019, 01:17 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Is the SP the current direction being discussed?
Old September 27th, 2019, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Is the SP the current direction being discussed?
I don't think there's a current direction as of yet. So, no.

Old September 27th, 2019, 03:31 PM

OK, after a lot of thinking and reading through this thread again, here's where I'm at with him:

1. I don't want a power that specifically forbids him from intervening. When he doesn't intervene, he just doesn't show up. When he shows up, he's decided it's time to act. He's not like Watcher in that way.
2. However, a lot of his intervention is recruiting Heroes to help him. That's because as willing as he is to go on the offensive, he's just not that offensively powerful. He doesn't have incredible feats of strength. He mostly uses magic, light fisticuffs, dispells magic, and empowers others.
3. So I lowered his attack stats quite a bit. He should NEED others fighting with him to get the job done. He should be able to blast away, but it shouldn't be a great strategy or his preferred one.
4. Likewise, he can take a hit. He doesn't dodge them amazingly, though. So I like the idea of bringing back Magical Defense (dude casts spells and can tangle with spell casters on their level - he should be in this faction) and lowering his defense so he can reliably take hits, just one at a time
5. He's a survivor too. The high Life and Magical Defense evoke that, IMO. They just don't work with 7 Defense. That's not him.
6. From there I just wanted to streamline and simplify him as a force of guidance that has impact when Crisis occurs and Event Heroes are around. I hope/think this power set accomplishes that.
7. I'm toying with the idea of a Dispell Spell to go with him.

Quote:
NAME = PHANTOM STRANGER

SPECIES = ENTITY
UNIQUENESS = EVENT HERO
CLASS = PROTECTOR
PERSONALITY = MYSTERIOUS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 10

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 3
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = ???

MYSTERIOUS GUIDANCE
After any attack dice, defense dice, or the 20-sided die is rolled for an Event Hero or a figure you control, you may remove an unrevealed Order Marker from this card and immediately add or subtract a skull, blank, shield, or 2 from that roll.

CRISIS MANAGEMENT
At the end of the round, you may remove the “X” Order Marker from this card to choose Phantom Stranger or a friendly figure. Remove a Wound Marker from the chosen figure's Army Card and then you may place a previously removed Marker from their card back onto their card, if possible.

MAGICAL DEFENSE
When Phantom Stranger is attacked by an opponent's figure that does not have the Magical Defense special power, the most wounds Phantom Stranger can take for this attack is one.

SUPER STRENGTH
FLYING

Last edited by IAmBatman; September 28th, 2019 at 09:47 AM.
Old September 27th, 2019, 03:41 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

The way it is worded I think you would have to remove and then add back a wound marker if no other marker applies.
Dispell Magic is super tricky to cost, since it can possibly dispell any spell and they vary highly in cost.
Old September 27th, 2019, 03:47 PM

I'd put a D20 roll with the Dispelling to make it less reliable as a counterdraft. And probably boost the roll based on being a Protector or something.

Added some language into Crisis Management to make the second part independently optional.

Old September 27th, 2019, 05:55 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Dispel is already a thing, maybe he can just boost the roll on that specific spell?
Old September 27th, 2019, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Dispel is already a thing, maybe he can just boost the roll on that specific spell?
Ah, OK! I just won’t worry about it then. With this version he can use the preexisting Dispel as people wish (or not).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library