Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old April 17th, 2020, 10:31 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: Out-there Heaven (Movie, TV, and Video Game Characters)

Nerve Punch is a pretty perfect power to re-use, but then I think i would give him some kind of Sword SA so you have to choose one, use he Sword or go for the Nerve Punch. Then you can make his attack higher.
Old April 17th, 2020, 11:10 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Good call YK!
Any thoughts on Book?
Old April 17th, 2020, 11:36 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

On Book, after looking at your card idea I was thinking of playing up the Take Up Arms concept a bit more. Like give him a passive team support power, but it gets turned off once he Takes Up Arms. He stays armed for the rest of the conflict, but you loose the passive team support power, so you are faced with a decision of when you want him to put down the book and pick up the gun.
Old April 17th, 2020, 11:59 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Oh, I like that.
Old April 18th, 2020, 02:01 AM
C3G Landlord

You know how Mal just walks away when Book tries to preach to him. River too. I'd say you could make the passive power a move boost, like people pick up their step when he starts preaching.

THE GOOD BOOK
Friendly figures that start their turn within 6 clear sight spaces of Sheppard Book may add 1 to their move.

TAKE UP ARMS
Once per game, before rolling initiative, you may choose to add 4 to Sheppard Book's Range for the rest of the game. If you do, you may not use The Good Book power for the rest of the game.

So the first couple of rounds he's just chilling in back and giving people a move boost by preaching the word. Then he sees he's needed in the fight and puts down the Book, picking up a Gun. Add in a Kneecap power and that's a decent low cost 3 power card. Here's an update to the Kneecap power.

KNEECAPS
Start the game with two tan Kneecap markers. If Book wounds a non-adjacent Unique Hero with a normal attack, you may place a tan Kneecap marker on that figure's card. Figures with a tan Kneecap marker on their card subtract 2 from their Move number. If a wound marker is removed from a card with a tan Kneecap marker, remove a Kneecap marker.

Makes it a little more clear he's shooting someone in the Kneecap, and the move penalty is a little more significant.
Old April 18th, 2020, 09:26 AM

Very cool. Yeah, I took Kneecaps from Ma Reynolds, probably good to have the non-adjacent clause in there for her as well. Good call.
Book was tough because I was tempted to dig deeper into his origin but I know most people have no idea what it is. I did put his real, real name as his SI.
Thanks!
Old April 18th, 2020, 02:29 PM

I got my Firefly figures from China. Pretty cool. Looks like I got everything in the main set except for the casual Mal and one of the cowboy thugs. I got two sets as well.
Probably will still get the full set so I should have quite a few extras.
Old April 18th, 2020, 10:55 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:

NAME = MEGA MAN
SECRET IDENTITY = ROCK

SPECIES = ANDROID
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = PROTECTOR
PERSONALITY = DEDICATED

SIZE/HEIGHT = SMALL ?

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 6
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = ???

MEGA BUSTER 2
When attacking with Mega Man’s normal attack, you may either add 2 to his attack number or attack up to 2 additional times.

LEAF SHIELD
Before moving with Mega Man, you may place a green Shield Marker on this card. While the Shield Marker is on this card, add 1 automatic shield to whatever is rolled when Mega Man defends. If Mega Man attacks, remove the Shield Marker from this card.

SUPER ARM 8
Instead of attacking, you may choose an adjacent figure that is not huge. Roll the 20-sided die adding 7 to the roll if the chosen figure is a Destructible Object. If you roll 8 or higher, throw the figure by placing it on any empty space within 4 spaces of Mega Man. After the figure is placed, roll one unblockable attack die for throwing damage. The thrown figure will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

METAL BLADE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 8. Attack 4.
You may only use this Special Attack against figures in a straight line from Mega Man. Figures roll 2 fewer defense dice against this special attack.

SUPER STRENGTH
Maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he's free.

Mega Man! Always been a big favorite of mine. Really trying to capture the soul of how the games work without necessarily grasping at every minute detail. He's a walking arsenal, but can only really use one skill at a time. I took 1 power copy from the 1st game, and 2 from the second game that I feel are generally pretty iconic. (They all made it into his Smash Bros translation, at least.)

(Reminder to self: This model, scaled to about 25mm tall. 30mm feels too tall.)

Last edited by MrNobody; November 22nd, 2022 at 09:26 PM.
Old April 19th, 2020, 06:14 AM

CzarChasm knows what's in an order marker CzarChasm knows what's in an order marker CzarChasm knows what's in an order marker

Sorry for posting a design directly after your one MrNobody but I have been wanting to do this for a while.

Name = Cloud Strife
Secret Identity = N/A

Species = Human
Uniqueness = Unique Hero
Class = Soldier
Personality = Conflicted

Size/Height = Medium 5

Life = 5

Move = 4
Range = 1
Attack = 2
Defense = 2

Points = ???

LEVEL UP.
Add an experience marker to this card for each wound dealt or received by this figure up to a maximum of 4 markers. Add 1 to this figures Move, Attack, and Defense (and Life?) for each experience marker on this card. (I would like this to be a common power for any future Final Fantasy characters)

OMNISLASH LIMIT BREAK SPECIAL ATTACK.
Range 1. Attack 4.
Once a round you may remove an experience marker from this card to use this special attack. When attacking with Omnislash Limit Break Special Attack choose one adjacent figure, you may attack this figure 5 (too many?) additional times. Cloud does not receive experience markers from wounds dealt using this attack.

I AM NOT A CLONE. (I dont like the name of this power)
Cloud may roll an extra attack die and may attack twice against figures with the class of Destroyer. (in case a Sephiroth character is made who is a destroyer)

MATERIA.
Start the game with 1 Glyph of Materia on this card. If Cloud has 4 experience markers on his card he may use the Glyph of Materia twice per round. Cloud cannot lose this Glyph by receiving wounds unless he is destroyed.

GLYPH OF MATERIA.
At the beginning of the game choose 1 common spell. A figure with this glyph may cast that spell once per round as if they had the Magical Defence special power.

I thought the figure used for Korvus Rook’Shir, with a slight repaint of sword and hair, would be good to use for Cloud.

I'm suprised no Final Fantasy characters have been done yet and I would really like any input form people.

Last edited by CzarChasm; April 19th, 2020 at 06:31 AM.
Old April 19th, 2020, 01:45 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Interesting! Been playing the remake? No worries about posting after me.

I don't think Soldier is totally the right class for him. He was one, but he's not really anymore by the time the game starts, right? (I actually have never finished FFVII!) I like Mercenary here, personally. It's very "start of the game" for Cloud, but I could see expanding on that with an Avalanche mini-faction that can pull him in.

I do feel like he's a little weak right now. 2/2 with 5 Life most likely means he's going to get punked before he has the chance to gain any significant levels. I think I'd maybe start him out at 4A/4D or maybe even 5A/5D and let him level up from there. I think it's fine if fully-leveled Cloud is a bit stacked; he's tanking the destruction of entire universes by game's end.

I really like Sephiroth as a Destroyer. I can totally see him pairing well with the Black Order and that lot.

Materia is a really interesting concept as well. You can hand it off to any character you control and turn them into a ranged special attacker, which could enable some cool tricks.
Old April 19th, 2020, 03:10 PM

CzarChasm knows what's in an order marker CzarChasm knows what's in an order marker CzarChasm knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Interesting! Been playing the remake? No worries about posting after me.
Not yet but will be def. Really looking forward to it.

Quote:
I don't think Soldier is totally the right class for him. He was one, but he's not really anymore by the time the game starts, right? (I actually have never finished FFVII!) I like Mercenary here, personally. It's very "start of the game" for Cloud, but I could see expanding on that with an Avalanche mini-faction that can pull him in.
Absolutely agree with this actually. Mercenary is much better and
Spoiler Alert!

Quote:
I do feel like he's a little weak right now. 2/2 with 5 Life most likely means he's going to get punked before he has the chance to gain any significant levels. I think I'd maybe start him out at 4A/4D or maybe even 5A/5D and let him level up from there. I think it's fine if fully-leveled Cloud is a bit stacked; he's tanking the destruction of entire universes by game's end.
I agree that Cloud being destroyed before he can power up is a worry but starting him at 4A/4D or 5A/5D a fully powered Cloud would be 8A/8D or 9A/9D! I'm not sure he should be as/more powerful than Superman. I could always design a healing orientated charcter to go with him, thinking Aerith/Aeris in particular.

Thanks for the comments MrNobody.
Old April 20th, 2020, 10:07 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

My suggestion would be to make Level up once per game (So one marker on your current wording). A single game is essentially one battle, and you rarely level up more than once on a random encounter. Also it's much easier to balance for Scape. Then you could have his stats be 4 att/4 def with the potential to go up to 5. Then it'd be more interesting to use your experience to use Omnislash, too. You get one shot at it without leveling up.

I'd cut the Clone power. Pure counterdraft powers aren't really that fun. Not sure I like the materia mechanic either, but it could work. Yeah everyone in FF can cast spells, but generally it's not central to the actual characters themselves. Like in Smash Bros, Cloud has tons of Limit Breaks because those define him better, and no spells.

You could add a Limit Break mechanic that gives him Limit counters instead of the Level Up mechanic. So you'd have Limit Break as a power, then you could have 2 Limit Break Special Attacks that would spend the counters.

Just some thoughts. I love the early Final Fantasy games.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy