Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old October 1st, 2022, 01:09 PM

jcustar07 rolls all skulls baby! jcustar07 rolls all skulls baby! jcustar07 rolls all skulls baby! jcustar07 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Heroscape 2 Prediction Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcustar07 View Post
Can someone compare all of this to the content that was in the Heroquest campaign? It is our best example.
Best I can tell from a quick google search Heroquest All In right now is $265 and this is what you get.

91 miniatures
168 cards
42 furniture pieces including a large number or dungeon doors.
All other game pieces necessary to play the game including dice, rulebooks, scenario books, tiles, tokens, etc

So for me, the big ? with all of this is how much terrain it is going to include. I thinks caps prediction of $400 seems pretty legit to me! I would expect an all in of around $400-$500 for season 1, but that largely assumes there will be quite a bit of terrain coming out in this season.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong on the Heroquest info.

RELEASE THE HOUNDS!!
Old October 1st, 2022, 02:46 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Bäm!!!! I was right!!! Q-11!!!

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old October 1st, 2022, 03:57 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

20 scenarios is nice. One guy said "they are different than any of the others," but he didn't specify how.

I also note there are 10 glyphs, but we don't know if they are new or old.
Old October 1st, 2022, 05:42 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

One thing I did not predict was that the figures would be actual size:

And you thought storage was hard before...
Old October 1st, 2022, 07:31 PM

Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun

Anyone else get a Parks & Rec Entertainment 360 vibe from these guys and their studio?

I was hoping to see Detlef Schrempf practicing free throws in the background.
Old October 2nd, 2022, 10:26 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Here is *my* prediction for the crowdfunding campaign...

To start with
  • Rise of the Valkyrie gave us 16 army cards for 30 figures as well as a boatload of terrain for an MSRP of $40 in 2004
  • Swarm of the Marro gave us 10* army cards for 24 figures (18 common figures and 7 unique figures) as well as a decent amount of terrain for an MSRP of $40 in 2007
  • Battle for the Underdark gave us 8 army cards for 10 figures as well as a small amount of terrain for an MSRP of $30 in 2010
*not counting duplicate cards for commons

In total, all three master sets gave us 34 army cards and 64 figures (including 18 common figures) for an MSRP of $110.

So far we've counted at least *43 army cards* (34 heroes and 9 squads). We're guessing the number of figures will be in the ballpark of the 70s (thanks to @Anitar for posting those numbers in the discord). So just in terms of figures alone, we are getting more figures and cards than all three of the Classic master sets combined. Wow!

Now, how about terrain? Well, the previews have shown us
So let's say we're getting comparable terrain sets in the crowdfunding campaign. In 2004-2008 these terrain sets cost a combined $70. If we combine that with the master sets, we're looking at $180 in MSRP value to get comparable sets back in the day.

But, this is not 2004. This is not 2010. Our dollar bills are not worth what they were back then. The price of plastic has gone way up. And I have a hunch that we haven't seen all the terrain that will be in this set.

Which brings me to my prediction. I predict that we will get an amount of terrain that is comparable to something like, in equation form:
Code:
(1xRotV + 1xSotM + 1xBftU + 1xRttFF + 1xFotA +1xTJ + ???)/(2 or 3)
And I predict that it will cost $300-$400. I just can't fathom a lower price. However, given the quantity of stuff we'll get, it will still be a steal at that price. EDITed to add that @Leaf_It pointed out there are stretch goals we haven't seen yet that will add even more without raising the price.

This would imply that this campaign will be primarily be for people who already love the game and would feel comfortable spending that much on it over the course of a year. But they're going to get it all in one go.

Therefore I have a follow-on prediction: there will be a starter set released in November/December 2023 or possibly as late as 2024 that is somewhere between the price of the Arena of the Planeswalker sets and the old master sets; I'm guessing $40-$100. It will be much smaller, but it will be an entry point, a "gateway drug" to this wonderful game.

--

I believe from comments that they've made that we'll also get "Seasons" of new content (starting in 2024, I'm guessing) which will be packs of unique figures, packs of common figures, and new types of terrain.

--

EDIT: I think we also must have misunderstood what they meant about accessibility and $400 being too much. I'm guessing they were saying that a RotV sized set would be $400 painted?

--

Thanks to @GaryLASQ for all the MSRP prices and release dates.
My prediction was pretty accurate except that there is a less terrain than what I suggested. Overall it's an even better deal than I thought it would be. Some people on the discord suggested that it would be $250 and there would be less terrain to make that a feasible price. Kudos to them!

I'm glad it is not the price I predicted. I think this price is easier to swallow for folks.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 2nd, 2022, 01:56 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Scenario Campaigns

It was further revealed during the PulseCon video that there would be "enough scenarios for two campaigns." So 10 each. That and the name of the new terrain types as Laur, now identified as a province in NW Valhalla, points toward more 'historical' scenarios, as I had hoped for upthread.
Old June 18th, 2023, 05:20 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

Below are my predictions for the Renegade launch; just change where I said 2023 to 2024, and 2024 to 2025.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ View Post
I'm starting to see the name "Age of Annihilation" as our first overarching annual theme. So, 2023 we get HS:AoA. For this same time next year (2024) it will be something else... HS-???

With sets like SotM and BftU in mind, I'm thinking we will get, for 2023, five Faction Sets. I'm still not quite sure what the options will be for assortment/packaging, but I think the term "faction set" will enter into our HS lexicon. And each faction set will have some campaign scenarios, just like SotM and BftU. (Hmm, would each FS start out as a Haslab project?)

Heroscape: Age of Annihilation (2023)
- The Dawnraider Syndicate Faction Set (Feb?)
- The Ironclad Collective Faction Set (Apr?)
- The Dryan Lifeborne Order Faction Set (Jun?)
- The Clockwork Combine Faction Set (Aug?)
- The Nemesis War Brood Faction Set (Oct?)

Heroscape: ??? (2024)
- Faction Set 1
- Faction Set 2
- Faction Set 3
- Faction Set 4
- Faction Set 5

If we get faction sets, will they basically always be master sets, with a reasonable number of copies of commons/uncommons based on point-cost and SPs? Will they have enough terrain/commons/uncommons, so that purchasing 1 to 4 of any faction set will satisfy 90% of us? Will faction sets pretty much replace all other types of sets we've seen in the past? OR, will a faction set be one big box, with smaller boxes inside that can also be purchased separately later on, like if/when it gets a retail release? We'll soon find out.

Also, I'm predicting we get some *gasp* cardboard terrain (one side water, other side sandy-beach) with the Dawnraider Syndicate faction set, that looks a lot like (exactly like shape/size-wise?) the cardboard terrain that came with MtG:AotP. Perhaps, if HS:AoA is successful, it will trigger a revival of MtG:AotP, with the idea of some cross-compatibility in mind for the success of both systems.
Old November 22nd, 2023, 11:18 AM

Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I predict that there will be some minor compatibility issues between the new terrain and existing terrain. In my own collection, I have two RotV sets:
  1. One has clearly been in storage for a long time before coming into my hands. The terrain is a rich brown and feels pretty sturdy.
  2. The second is the one my brother and I played with for many years. It has definitely been exposed to some sunlight, as the plastic is more faded and feels more fragile. These are the tiles that are more likely to shatter.
Joining the older and newer pieces together is a challenge! The joints are stiff, requiring more force to get them together and take them apart (which requires delicate handling and concentration). Perhaps I am delusional, but it seems like the older, faded terrain has shrunk ever so slightly; the older pieces fit more loosely together. Since the system is designed to interlock, there is not a lot of room for error or deviance. As a result, I can imagine that the freshly-manufactured terrain will pose some slight compatibility challenges for some people with older terrain. Stacking shouldn't be a problem - just the "toothed" joints.

Regardless, this certainly won't stop me from buying a lot more terrain.
Old November 22nd, 2023, 11:52 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Heh, never stopped to wonder if new Heroscape terrain will be compatible with old Heroscape terrain ....

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion