Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old December 31st, 2014, 04:06 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
FYI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROADRAGE View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Good news! We can make it on time.

One question about the dragon - does it take a turn after both order marker 1s are played (I think that's what 3rd in the turn cycle means)?
Yes.

*example*
You and William099 are paired up on Caldera and place your armies, order markers are placed and then you roll a 20, he rolls a 15 and you decide to take the first turn with the dragon. Now the two of you would roll initiative and William099 rolls a 6 and you roll a 2.

William099 now takes his #1 turn,
then you take your #1 turn,
last you take the #1 turn with the dragon,
on the next set of order markers...
William099 would take a turn with the dragon last in the cycle of order markers.
While cool, I do wonder with the dragon's beefy stats if this won't place a lot of the victory on who wins the initial diceoff. I can see how it could go otherwise but I do think having to take twice the amount of attacks in the first round could lead to a near irreparable comeback situation.

~Dysole, thinking that if the loser got to use the dragon after OM 2 it would balance it out a bit and give some possible incentive to not choosing to go first with the dragon (then again I don't know if the map is capable of getting dragon attacked on the first OM)
Old January 1st, 2015, 06:03 AM

ROADRAGE is surprisingly tart
Re: FYI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Good news! We can make it on time.

One question about the dragon - does it take a turn after both order marker 1s are played (I think that's what 3rd in the turn cycle means)?
Yes.

*example*
You and William099 are paired up on Caldera and place your armies, order markers are placed and then you roll a 20, he rolls a 15 and you decide to take the first turn with the dragon. Now the two of you would roll initiative and William099 rolls a 6 and you roll a 2.

William099 now takes his #1 turn,
then you take your #1 turn,
last you take the #1 turn with the dragon,
on the next set of order markers...
William099 would take a turn with the dragon last in the cycle of order markers.
While cool, I do wonder with the dragon's beefy stats if this won't place a lot of the victory on who wins the initial diceoff. I can see how it could go otherwise but I do think having to take twice the amount of attacks in the first round could lead to a near irreparable comeback situation.

~Dysole, thinking that if the loser got to use the dragon after OM 2 it would balance it out a bit and give some possible incentive to not choosing to go first with the dragon (then again I don't know if the map is capable of getting dragon attacked on the first OM)

Sorry for the confusion..... I may have not elaborated on the details enough, to expand the play by play the loser would take the second turn with the dragon. From the OP players alternate taking turns with him until the end of the game.

So from the top:
William099 takes his #1 turn
quozl takes his #1 turn
last quozl takes the #1 turn with the dragon
William099 takes his #2 turn
quozl takes his #2 turn
last William099 takes the #2 turn with the dragon

At the end of the game if the dragon survives each of you will have taken 9 turns each with the dragon, I'm not sure if it's beneficial to take the first turn with the dragon or not..... time will tell I guess shortly.

Tourney record 99-20 headsup(23 tourneys)10-4 team (3 tourneys)0-1-2 ffa
25 master sets,4+ of every terrain exp.,every hero and 3+ of every common. Playing since 2007.
Old January 1st, 2015, 01:34 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Quote:
Sorry for the confusion..... I may have not elaborated on the details enough, to expand the play by play the loser would take the second turn with the dragon. From the OP players alternate taking turns with him until the end of the game.

So from the top:
quozl takes his #1 turn
quozl takes his #2 turn

At the end of the game if the dragon survives each of you will have taken 9 turns each with the dragon, I'm not sure if it's beneficial to take the first turn with the dragon or not..... time will tell I guess shortly.
There are actual Order Markers on the Dragon, correct? So they could be removed by Dund for example?
Old January 1st, 2015, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by obfuscatedhippo View Post
Quote:

So from the top:
quozl takes his #1 turn
quozl takes his #2 turn

There are actual Order Markers on the Dragon, correct? So they could be removed by Dund for example?

Yes correct, Dund could be very good at crippling the monster.

Also remember you and opponent can and probably will be attacking each other as well(to gain high ground etc.), heck I guess if you eliminated your opponent from the map before round 6 was over it wouldn't matter if your opponent had inflicted 8 wounds on the dragon.

I'm sure their will be different strategies approaching this one.... and this is just 1 of 13 different tasks.

25 master sets,4+ of every terrain exp.,every hero and 3+ of every common. Playing since 2007.
Old January 1st, 2015, 05:22 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!
Re: NORTHWEST: Missions tournament

Big thanks to @ROADRAGE for choosing Caldera as the map on which the dragon shall wreak his destruction.

Caldera hasn't been used in a while, so I'm delighted to see it get some play again. All the better for being the site of draconian carnage.
Old January 1st, 2015, 11:38 PM

It's a dang good map for that type of chaos! You've got quite a few really good maps for worthy tournament play, I can see Dance of the Dryads being used at the next tournament.... it's a very pleasing aesthetically map as well to the eyes!

Old January 3rd, 2015, 10:43 PM

I need to assign some maps for building as I don't have enough room in my car to get it all up there. So could I use your building skills to bring each of these assigned maps......

@quozl ~the incubator

@White Q Knight ~Husk of holdfast

@Master of Disaster ~Jack of spades

@obfuscatedhippo ~Tredipation

@i_r_beej ~Caldera

@robbdaman ~Invasion

@Dysole ~Nature trails

Please let me know if you can't bring it and/or you don't have the required sets I can assign another map. Thanks a bunch!

Old January 3rd, 2015, 11:00 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

No problem, I can bring the map. Maybe more if others can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old January 3rd, 2015, 11:08 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Copy Copy

I should be able to or gerrymander all the right pieces. Hopefully the site'll let me download the thing but worst case I can get the layout straight from dok. I will also likely need to borrow two different squads. It's looking like a squad of Havechs and a squad of Mezzos. I don't think I'll need anything else and if I change my mind I'll let you know.

~Dysole, very intrigued for this tourney
Old January 3rd, 2015, 11:50 PM

Awesome! Thanks guys!

I will be bringing our collection of figures for anyone needing help out to round out armies.

Old January 5th, 2015, 02:41 AM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Quote:
@obfuscatedhippo ~Tredipation

Please let me know if you can't bring it and/or you don't have the required sets I can assign another map. Thanks a bunch!
Sorry but I am now a "tentative" for attending the event. I will let you know on Wednesday if I can make it down.

Peace, *Kai
Old January 5th, 2015, 03:20 AM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I have my guest list solidified. Me plus 3. 2 playing one spectating. One of my players is new, so does he get extra points or something?

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events