Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion
AotP General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old September 10th, 2015, 09:26 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Magic: the Gathering Strategy Board Game

Ah. Well it's a really cool look.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 10th, 2015, 09:43 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Thanks

BTW, the file can be found here.
Old September 10th, 2015, 07:41 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Thanks
BTW, the file can be found here.
AWESOME! I love those obelisks. Thanks for the LINK to the file. I just downloaded and printed a couple to tryout.

A while back someone posted on another HeroScaper Thread a photo of a ceramic Egyptian obelisk that they had created from a souvenir salt shaker along with a tutorial as to how he "dry-brush" painted it to bring out the details and make it appear more weathered. Ever since I saw that, I've been repeatedly searching every know Thrift Store for something similar that I can add to my own collection.

I now return you to the "Magic: the Gathering Strategy Board Game" Thread that was already in progress and suddenly interrupted . . .

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE

Last edited by Johngee; September 10th, 2015 at 07:57 PM. Reason: Accidentally double posted to make corrections
Old September 10th, 2015, 07:49 PM

*** Deleted accidental double post ***

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE

Last edited by Johngee; September 10th, 2015 at 07:53 PM. Reason: To DELETE accidental double Post
Old September 10th, 2015, 07:50 PM

~Deleted accidental double Post~

Old September 10th, 2015, 08:10 PM

Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby!

So I've been working on getting my set of AoTP painted up. Nearly done now! Just have to Base the Elvish Rangers, and Paint+Base the Kor Hookmasters.

Got in a game last night with 2 planeswalkers each
Me: Jace + Gideon
Him: Chandra + Liliana

We had a pretty close match all-in-all. Some highlights include Gideon getting to roll 9 dice and one shotting Chandra, Jace being a huge pain in general just bouncing squads and generally causing tempo loss, Opponent using Chandra's spells to ping my squad members then Snuffing out with Liliana.

Old September 11th, 2015, 12:02 AM

@Kajoq - I'm glad to see that your battle was fought on a 3D HS Map.

Old September 11th, 2015, 12:06 AM

Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby!

@Johngee - Yeah.. AoTP is actually my first delve into HS. I had seen it in passing at my LGS, Dragon Con, etc but never played. Then came the MTG tie-in lol. I lucked out and snagged a RoTV for cheap from a coworker who got it from at a Yard-sale and then have also scooped a couple Ebay auctions for terrain so I can build out some maps for AoTP.

Of course in doing that... I've unearthed this godforsaken place and now I'm going to end up with 1 of everything from HS most likely... My wallet weeps.
Old September 11th, 2015, 12:24 AM

@Kajoq - WELCOME to the land of die-hard (ain't dead yet) HeroScapeRs.

Yes it is one of the many collectible minis' sink-holes for your wallet. Glad that you were able to snag some terrain at reasonable prices. At conventions I've seen it used with many other game systems. But the HeroScape mechanics themselves are so dynamic to accommodate any figurine with a reasonably defined Stat Card. There's plenty of custom cards that have been produced for just about every character imaginable. At this point in the hobby, you don't have to concern yourself with one of each, since many of them are very low on the Power Ranking Scale and seldom see any table time. It might be wiser to concentrate on ones that fit the theme of the various Planeswalkers, as the next trend might be heading in that direction.

Old September 11th, 2015, 10:12 AM

I already found a pretty sweet Garruk proxy fig!
Anval Thricedamned from the Reaper series is basically perfect:
http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStor...5/latest/77055

Not my paint job, but my LGS has one I'm going to snag
Old September 11th, 2015, 10:53 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajoq View Post
AoTP is actually my first delve into HS. I had seen it in passing at my LGS, Dragon Con, etc but never played. Then came the MTG tie-in lol. I lucked out and snagged a RoTV for cheap from a coworker who got it from at a Yard-sale and then have also scooped a couple Ebay auctions for terrain so I can build out some maps for AoTP.

Of course in doing that... I've unearthed this godforsaken place and now I'm going to end up with 1 of everything from HS most likely... My wallet weeps.
To all the naysayers: Hasbro's ploy worked! Hooray!
Old September 11th, 2015, 12:08 PM
C-Wedgie

cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
I already found a pretty sweet Garruk proxy fig!
Anval Thricedamned from the Reaper series is basically perfect:
http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStor...5/latest/77055

Not my paint job, but my LGS has one I'm going to snag
Now I'm gonna have to buy one, thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Quote:
AoTP is actually my first delve into HS. I had seen it in passing at my LGS, Dragon Con, etc but never played. Then came the MTG tie-in lol. I lucked out and snagged a RoTV for cheap from a coworker who got it from at a Yard-sale and then have also scooped a couple Ebay auctions for terrain so I can build out some maps for AoTP.

To all the naysayers: Hasbro's ploy worked! Hooray!
Hallelujah!!! Now they just need to start releasing real terrain expansions

Though numerous pronunciation attempts have been made, I have recently spurned my moniker. Feel free to refer to me as BowTieJones instead.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion