Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Old March 30th, 2010, 07:23 PM

Scape Goes Up to 11! is surprisingly tart
Re: "Tom Vasel led me to Heroscapers..and I have a question.

@ Harlax: Indeed, it is a (rather flimsy) Spinal Tap reference - it's meant to reflect the feeling that I get when I look at the anachronistic mash-up of units that feature in a typical game.

Where my other favourites go up to 10 - 'Scape goes up to 11!

@ Lamaclown: I think I'm going to need all the luck I can get. My wallet will be in intensive care if I don't ease up!

Thanks for the welcomes.
Old March 30th, 2010, 07:29 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scape Goes Up to 11! View Post
@ Harlax: Indeed, it is a (rather flimsy) Spinal Tap reference - it's meant to reflect the feeling that I get when I look at the anachronistic mash-up of units that feature in a typical game.

Where my other favourites go up to 10 - 'Scape goes up to 11!

@ Lamaclown: I think I'm going to need all the luck I can get. My wallet will be in intensive care if I don't ease up!

Thanks for the welcomes.
Just take a look at the Heroscape Figure Count-NEW Alphabetical List! thread and let your wallet weep with all of ours.
Old March 31st, 2010, 05:48 PM

ranoobu is surprisingly tart

Too many factors to consider lol

nevermind

Last edited by ranoobu; March 31st, 2010 at 08:21 PM.
Old April 5th, 2010, 06:59 PM

Winin Woo who?

I've gotten the DnD set and a big lot of terrain on Ebay, as well as a bunch of figures here and there. I've played the 1st scenario a few times (the troll always wins) and now I want to do some practice battles. What is a good map to start with? Should I just throw together something that is roughly rectangular with a hill in the center and do some king-of-the-hill fights? I can tell that terrain plays a big part of the strategy, so I don't want it to be too simple, but on the other hand, I don't want to go nuts just yet. Should I just do some small battles on the DnD room 1 (since I have it set up right now anyway?) I'm thinking 300 v 300 point fights so they are over quickly and I can focus on a few groups of figs.
Old April 5th, 2010, 07:14 PM

Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker

If you want a pre-built, balenced map, check out the BoV. The maps there have been approved by a commitee and are often used in tournaments.

But don't let those limit you, I find some of my favorite maps are ones I throw together with little to no planning in mind.

Good luck, and Happy 'Scaping!

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand, lead him to a quiet place and kill him."
— Mark Twain
Old April 5th, 2010, 07:16 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winin View Post
I've gotten the DnD set and a big lot of terrain on Ebay, as well as a bunch of figures here and there. I've played the 1st scenario a few times (the troll always wins) and now I want to do some practice battles. What is a good map to start with? Should I just throw together something that is roughly rectangular with a hill in the center and do some king-of-the-hill fights? I can tell that terrain plays a big part of the strategy, so I don't want it to be too simple, but on the other hand, I don't want to go nuts just yet. Should I just do some small battles on the DnD room 1 (since I have it set up right now anyway?) I'm thinking 300 v 300 point fights so they are over quickly and I can focus on a few groups of figs.
Dignan makes some great maps. Here's his map thread. In particular:

Map: Fulcrum
Date Uploaded: 08/29/09
Requires: 1 RotV, 1 TJ

For 3 or 4 player maps, see this thread.

Old April 7th, 2010, 01:41 AM

Winin Woo who?

Thanks for the links, those will give me some good starting places.
Old April 9th, 2010, 12:48 PM

Winin Woo who?

I have some friends coming over this weekend to give the game a try, so I'll whip up one of those maps for us to use.

Another question: Ana from DnD, does Healing Word work on her, i.e. can she heal herself? I've poked around and haven't seen any thing on that. I suspect not, based on the wording of the card, but I wanted to be sure. Thanks!
Old April 9th, 2010, 01:11 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winin View Post
I have some friends coming over this weekend to give the game a try, so I'll whip up one of those maps for us to use.

Another question: Ana from DnD, does Healing Word work on her, i.e. can she heal herself? I've poked around and haven't seen any thing on that. I suspect not, based on the wording of the card, but I wanted to be sure. Thanks!
Best place for answers on any given unit is in the The BOOKS of Heroscape. The Book of Ana Karithon would therefore be the best place for this question. The answer is no, as Ana Karithon cannot be adjacent to herself as required by the description of Healing Word.

Enjoy your game!
Old April 9th, 2010, 02:46 PM

Winin Woo who?

Thanks and thanks! I wasn't sure of the rules for posting in the book threads.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online