Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Old October 14th, 2008, 01:08 PM

Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: VirtualScape 1.062 available

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongHeroscaper View Post

I myself actually do not like that. When you build a map that uses almost everything from a pre-determined sets and want to tweak it to make it look better, having to deal with constant error message can be really painful. For example, I want to switch a sand tile with a rock tile assuming that I have used all that are available. As it is now, I can delete the rock, replace the sand (go over the quota there) then delete the sand, replace the rock. If a message comes up every time the quota is over, I would have to delete the rock, delete the sand, replace the rock, replace the sand. Thing will be inconvenient if the rock tile and the sand tile are of different levels, and by replacing and deleting, I may forget where to put them. I hope it makes sense .
I myself do not see the need for this additional feature. You have the red color that warns you the quota is over, you can also verify the map to make sure you do not go over the limit. That is enough for me.
I know you LongHeroscaper and of course this message will be an optional feature than you can configure yourself.
It was an evidence no ?
Old October 14th, 2008, 01:11 PM

Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Club11 is a funny way to reference the few site memebers who have all 11 possible green rep bars. The "club" currently includes the Site Admins, RevDyer, Onacara and some other guy.
I understand now but I think than some other guy deserve more than me.

Quote:
On the message about being over on available tiles, it would be great if it were an option that you could choose to use or not.
When great mind meet ...
Old October 14th, 2008, 09:04 PM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

I have some ideas, Zzzzz, that I think would be nice to have.

1. In the Selection menu, how about "Select all Same tiles on level"
- This would select all tiles of the same style as the currently selected ones, allowing you to click on a water tile and then select ALL the water tiles on the level.

2. Top Down View in Tools on the 3D image
-This centers the image from dead center and renders the 3D image from directly above. Pressing left or right (or spinning mousewheel) rotates the image.

3. Title Checkbox in Map Preferences.
When 'saving the picture' this would place the title of the map and the author's name flat on the saved image in the upper right hand corner of the saved BMP file. This would use a font/size/style that is selected in Map Preferences when entering the text for the map.

Just some ideas I thought would be useful. Logiciel excellent, mon ami! Très Bon Effectivement!

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old October 14th, 2008, 09:15 PM

LongHeroscaper has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zzzzz View Post
I know you LongHeroscaper and of course this message will be an optional feature than you can configure yourself.
It was an evidence no ?
Thanks ! Could you do "Undo" in the next version, please? Just one level of Undo would be enough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superflytnt View Post
I have some ideas, Zzzzz, that I think would be nice to have.

1. In the Selection menu, how about "Select all Same tiles on level"
- This would select all tiles of the same style as the currently selected ones, allowing you to click on a water tile and then select ALL the water tiles on the level.

2. Top Down View in Tools on the 3D image
-This centers the image from dead center and renders the 3D image from directly above. Pressing left or right (or spinning mousewheel) rotates the image.

3. Title Checkbox in Map Preferences.
When 'saving the picture' this would place the title of the map and the author's name flat on the saved image in the upper right hand corner of the saved BMP file. This would use a font/size/style that is selected in Map Preferences when entering the text for the map.

Just some ideas I thought would be useful. Logiciel excellent, mon ami! Très Bon Effectivement!
1. You can hold Ctrl key while clicking the tiles. That will keep all the tiles you click selected. So, I am not sure if the first suggestion is necessary. It's nice to have as many features as possible, but at the same time I prefer a small software that can run fast .
2. and 3. are good suggestions. Even though there are ways to do those, being able to do them in a few click would be nice.

L...o....n......g.....H...e.....r....o.....S....c....a....p...e......r .....
Heroscape Brief Card for Beginners.
How to share your maps with the world.
VirtualScape 101.
My map thread.
Old October 15th, 2008, 08:38 AM

Hi LongHeroscaper and superflytnt,

- Undo is already in the todo list but I don't know if I will doing it because this is a long work (same work for X level than one level).
- Select all same tile on level is easy to do and I think like Syperflytnt that this can be useful. (Longheroscaper be sure that this will not affect the speed of the software so no problem for you)
- Top down view. I don't understand why you need this feature. Can you explain me ?
- Title check box. Ok, this is also in the todo list.

As usualy thanks to you
Old October 15th, 2008, 09:12 AM

If I understand it correctly, what superflytnt meant was one button to view the map from top. Top-down-view means the camera is above the map, on the center line of it, so that it can view the whole map from above. Another word for it is bird-view, as when you use Google map. As for now, we have to use a combination of Page Up, Page Down, zoom in and out to get the camera to the top-down-view position. If there is one button to do that, it would be awesome .

VirtualScape 101.
My map thread.
Old October 15th, 2008, 09:36 AM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!

It would also be nice to "save" the current map possition, as a prefered possition, so the next map I load I can press a button and it just goes to that view... a sort of customizable bird eye I guess...
Old October 15th, 2008, 09:51 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Everyone of you who uses VS should be +Repping ZZZzzz like mad! Where would we be without his conribution?

He really deserves to be in Club11, let's get him there!
I would be absolutely lost without VS. If we had a vote on what has had the biggest impact on the game VS would definitely be in the top three (IMO). I +repped before I saw your little (well deserved) nudge... and very much agree.

Quote:
I do it every time a new version is released and whenever I can .
As should everyone who uses this great program... and for free I might add.

-insert signature here-
Old October 15th, 2008, 10:35 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun

Zzzzz, your program is great. and I have a question for you. It is possible to copy tiles on one level and then paste them onto a different level.

I tried to do that a few releases ago and it didn't work. Has that function been added lately?
Old October 15th, 2008, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitestuff View Post
Zzzzz, your program is great. and I have a question for you. It is possible to copy tiles on one level and then paste them onto a different level.

I tried to do that a few releases ago and it didn't work. Has that function been added lately?
What you can do is to select the tiles you want, then Move them to the desired level. But it is more like Cut and Paste .

VirtualScape 101.
My map thread.
Old October 15th, 2008, 01:42 PM

Quote:
If I understand it correctly, what superflytnt meant was one button to view the map from top. Top-down-view means the camera is above the map, on the center line of it, so that it can view the whole map from above. Another word for it is bird-view, as when you use Google map. As for now, we have to use a combination of Page Up, Page Down, zoom in and out to get the camera to the top-down-view position. If there is one button to do that, it would be awesome .
Thanks LongHeroscaper for that explaination. I already understand that but I don't understand why you need to view map from top ?
The result will be very near from 2D view.
Anyway this is a easy feature so I add it to the todo list without understand. (sometime I'm stupid )
Old October 15th, 2008, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconious View Post
It would also be nice to "save" the current map possition, as a prefered possition, so the next map I load I can press a button and it just goes to that view... a sort of customizable bird eye I guess...
This idea seems very good because this is more generic than top view.
One button to set the default view. (So superflytnt and longheroscaper can move camera at top then clic on the button). At next 3D view or when you clic on original view the camera return at this place. Only one probleme if you use map with very different size.
Thanks Draconious.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software