Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Old May 3rd, 2011, 07:48 PM
South Florida Wave 8 Grand Champion

Blue Dane is surprisingly tart
Re: HS-aholic free heroscape iOS app

Thanks for the latest update. Problem fixed! Thanks!

Can't find it? Try the Index | Live in Florida? Belated National Heroscape Day in SoFL
South Florida Game Days |
Old May 3rd, 2011, 10:27 PM

Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby!

When I'm building armies, and I add a unit and then remove it, it is still on the list on the Army Review page, just at quantity zero. For instance, if I made an army that had three squads of Knights, Nilfheim, and Sir Gilbert, but I added Raelin and then removed her, it would look like this:

Knights of Weston (3)
Nilfheim (1)
Sir Gilbert (1)
Raelin the Kyrie Warrior (0)

This isn't a big deal in this example, but if I made a whole army, took everything out, and then made a whole new army... I think you can see how it might get confusing.

Great, useful app BTW. ^_^
Old May 4th, 2011, 05:35 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun

This is a completely self serving request but is there any way to have the C3G stuff preloaded in the customs section, just with different names and no pics (pics are easy enough to add and renaming would be better than having to add all those cards on my iPhone...).

Are you planning on adding the new classic figures produced by the C3V? Will they be found in their respective generals or in the customs section?

One last thing, can a rule be added to produce an army from only one general, or just from the custom section? It is frustrating to try and play a superhero game with figures I've added when the other generals keep turning up...

Oh, one other last thing, this is a great app.
Old May 5th, 2011, 09:44 AM

CiananBrage rolls all skulls baby! CiananBrage rolls all skulls baby! CiananBrage rolls all skulls baby! CiananBrage rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockma Ranyk View Post
When I'm building armies, and I add a unit and then remove it, it is still on the list on the Army Review page, just at quantity zero. For instance, if I made an army that had three squads of Knights, Nilfheim, and Sir Gilbert, but I added Raelin and then removed her, it would look like this:

Knights of Weston (3)
Nilfheim (1)
Sir Gilbert (1)
Raelin the Kyrie Warrior (0)

This isn't a big deal in this example, but if I made a whole army, took everything out, and then made a whole new army... I think you can see how it might get confusing.

Great, useful app BTW. ^_^

Interesting. That unit must have gotten into an odd 'locked' state in the generator. I'll look into it, since there really is no reason for a 0 Qty unit to ever stay in the army (even when locked).

"Syntactic sugar causes cancer of the semicolon."
--Epigrams on Programming by Alan Perlis
Old May 5th, 2011, 10:04 AM

CiananBrage rolls all skulls baby! CiananBrage rolls all skulls baby! CiananBrage rolls all skulls baby! CiananBrage rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitestuff View Post
This is a completely self serving request but is there any way to have the C3G stuff preloaded in the customs section, just with different names and no pics (pics are easy enough to add and renaming would be better than having to add all those cards on my iPhone...).

Are you planning on adding the new classic figures produced by the C3V? Will they be found in their respective generals or in the customs section?

One last thing, can a rule be added to produce an army from only one general, or just from the custom section? It is frustrating to try and play a superhero game with figures I've added when the other generals keep turning up...

Oh, one other last thing, this is a great app.
I don't intend to hard package anything aside from the Official units (minus Marvel since I was forced to remove them ). However, one of the features in 3.0 was going to be an ability to import/export Custom unit data (pictures, rules, etc). So, I was thinking that once the feature is in place those Custom Unit Files could be posted on heroscapers for everyone to share. This should allow everyone to easily share their custom units in the future.
--Note: There are of course issues that still need resolved in the process, especially since unit names might match existing units and the feature would need to use the same iTunes file sharing mechanism as the map viewer.

I'll look into a way of achieving this single general request. Its not entirely straightforward to achieve, but I have some ideas.
For example if the Valkyrie symbols were changed into buttons that could enable/disable the valkyrie they represent you could easily set everything else to 0%. However, all custom units share the Custom Valkyrie slot so they would need something more. This is where the other planned 3.0 feature of saving/loading collections could be used to force the collection to only contain the pool of units you wanted to play with.

Thanks for the input everyone. I'm definitely aiming to reach some sort of final version somewhere in 3.x that can continue to be easily extended with the file sharing mechanisms I have planned.

Old May 7th, 2011, 08:01 AM

5ohscaper Woo who?

I had an issue with 2 units coming up at the same time on my my IPAD and effectively locking the program up. I was looking at the Granite Guardians and when I finished, I clicked on Warden 816. The main screen for the Warden came up but with the Granite Guardians picture and info overlaid over the Warden's right info area. You could click on the Granite Guardians picture which would bring up the large picture and info screen and also minimize it. However it always stayed overlaid and I could never exit back to the army manager. I ended up having to re-install it.

Great Trades: Toad Rocket, Megalofred
Old May 7th, 2011, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ohscaper View Post
I had an issue with 2 units coming up at the same time on my my IPAD and effectively locking the program up. I was looking at the Granite Guardians and when I finished, I clicked on Warden 816. The main screen for the Warden came up but with the Granite Guardians picture and info overlaid over the Warden's right info area. You could click on the Granite Guardians picture which would bring up the large picture and info screen and also minimize it. However it always stayed overlaid and I could never exit back to the army manager. I ended up having to re-install it.
That's a serious issue. I'll look into it. Please send me more info about your device and which exact screen you were in. (I'm assuming iPad with iOS 4.x in the Collection Screen atm) ... lol sounds like an odd game of Clue

If you are using any device that supports background tasking (iOS 4.0 or greater) then problems with many apps require kicking them out of memory. Otherwise the OS preserves the bad state.
HS-aholic does not save state so if the issue occurs again it should be solved by simply pushing the app out of memory. If you double tap the home button without any apps running you can see all the apps in the background memory in a small system menu. Press and hold any of the icons in that menu until the small x's appear and then press the x to completely close the app. Wait a couple seconds before launching the app again (it takes a moment for the system to actually free the memory) and the application should start from a clean slate at that point.

Old May 8th, 2011, 11:34 PM

The Doctor is surprisingly tart

Very nice app. I gave it a 5 star review. Thanks

Old May 26th, 2011, 04:30 PM

Quack188 knows what's in an order marker Quack188 knows what's in an order marker Quack188 knows what's in an order marker

Downloaded this app a day or two ago when I bought my iPhone. The same thing happens to me as Shockma. Like he said, it isn't that big of a deal. Awesome app, +rep.
Old June 1st, 2011, 05:28 PM

pixlepix Woo who?

Love the app. 2 Things:

#1 an easy-to-access database of the cards would be great. I didn't bring my cards over, but we were able to play anyway with his app. Perhaps an ability to add cards to 'quick access'

#2 Would it be possible to start with the BOV maps downloaded.

"Heroscape isn't interfering with your life. Your life is interfering with heroscape."
Basic guide to heroscape
guide to heroscape rules
The best online game ever(try it out for a month.)
Old June 2nd, 2011, 04:18 PM

Quack188 knows what's in an order marker Quack188 knows what's in an order marker Quack188 knows what's in an order marker

One thing I've noticed that I think should be added is when you create an army, after the 'Special Rules' screen, there should be a back button (well, I would like one). The only way to get out of that screen is to choose an army. What if I don't like an army and want to regenerate five more? It's not a huge deal, but I feel like it would be a little more convenient.
Old June 7th, 2011, 11:17 PM

variDice is surprisingly tart

This is a great app, but I do not like that the dice roller flips through images really quickly instead of just showing you what you rolled right off.

The app itself has some minor issues, however.

1. In the unit bio section, it needs to have a background of some kind, and it should also have a border around the picture so it looks nice and clean.

2. On my iPod Touch, it crashes whenever I try to edit a custom figure.

3. The map section really should give tell you what kind of files you can use, and what programs to use to make those files.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software