Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old April 15th, 2009, 03:27 PM
a lot of people... think I'm a girl

tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby!
Could you guys critique my army? (Im not very good)

My first army is
10th reg.
krav maga
zelrig
ne gok
carr
me burq

My second army is
10th reg.
knights of weston
finn
dupius
raelin (rotv)
thorgrim
zetacron

Could you tell me what to improve? Or who to add? Thanks..

I love birdies and butterflies and rainbows and unicorns and glitter.
Old April 15th, 2009, 03:37 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth
Re: Could you guys critique my army? (Im not very good)

Even if I don't agree I will post the advice you are likely to get: Replace everything with 4th mass.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old April 15th, 2009, 04:00 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

What do you have available?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old April 15th, 2009, 04:37 PM

playa1 knows what's in an order marker playa1 knows what's in an order marker

Your first army is an order marker nightmare.
It is always best to choose armies that allow fewer order marker choices in order to prevent the very difficult decisions and mistakes that arise from activating the wrong unit at the wrong time.

Your second army has more bonding with Finn, Thorgrim, and the Knights, but this will be very short-lived. Your second army also has more synergy with Dupuis gaining bonuses from the knights, and Finn and Thorgrim giving bonuses to others. It is definitely your better choice. You should probably increase the number of knights in this army at the expense of range and Raelin. 3 units of knights with Dupuis, Finn and Thorgrim would still be good choices, though you'd want their auras to help out Dupuis. this means you would activate the horseman in the late game, meaning you'd be able to put all your order markers activations on the knights throughout most of the game, eliminating much of the decision-making. I'd keep Zetacron in the army and use him early in order to take out a dangerous unit. Don't expect him to last long, even if you put Thorgrim's spirit on him.
Old April 15th, 2009, 04:45 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Looking at the first army, I'd throw out Carr and Me-burq-sa and add 2 more units of 10th, if you have them.

The 2nd, well its kind of hero heavy which doesn't tend to do well. Again, I'd be tempted to throw out Sir Dupis and add 2 more units of 10th, or 2 more units of Knights.

Hope this helps.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old April 15th, 2009, 08:24 PM

Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness

It's very important that you don't end up with too many places for your order markers. Otherwise you might end up with an order marker on a hero who isn't in a good position to attack, or even an order marker on a hero who is dead!

I suggest that you try to include more common squads. I know it can be expensive to collect these guys, but if you have some friends from whom you can borrow figures they may lend this to you. Common squads like Stingers, 4th Mass, and Knights are very good because you have a lot more flexibility with regard to which units are moving and attacking when you flip over that order marker.

I never lay awake at night wondering how to design an army that will help me win 40% of my games. -- Jexik

Do NOT click this link.
Old April 16th, 2009, 04:12 PM

tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby!

thanks
the only other set that wouldn't have been mentioned is the aquillas alliance and Orms
also, I am very limited in what I can buy, not to go off topic or anything but what expansion should I get next, (I would either get the sotm, 2 small, or one large)

Last edited by tubafication; June 4th, 2009 at 05:05 PM.
Old April 16th, 2009, 04:37 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

NOTE TO ALL THE FOLKS WHO WANT TO "HELP"

Normally when someone posts there armies and only list 1 of a common squad it normally means that they only have 1.

Thanks
Old April 16th, 2009, 04:48 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I did the one squad at a time thing, wanting to get as diverse a group as possible - but instead of getting 2 different common squads (assuming that you have a choice) get 2 of the same instead and wait until you can get the other 2.

Heck, I've just got my 2nd knight squad and still don't have 3 squads of anything.

I'd get 2 small squads (another Knights and another 4th) or SotM (since it comes with multiple common squads + more terrain).

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old April 16th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

So you have:

RotV
Wave 2 heroes
Wave 8 heroes
Aquilla's Alliance
10th & Wolves
Knights & Swog

and you're looking to make a 600 point army.

Working with that, here's my suggestion:

Raelin 80
Krav Maga Agents 100
Krug 120
Airborne Elite 110
Izumi Samurai 60
Finn 80
Marro Warriors 50

Raelin adds defense to everybody but that especially helps the stealth dodge of the Krav Maga Agents and the counterstrike of the Izumi Samurai. Hold these units back and take shots with the Krav Maga when the enemy is in range. Keep Finn with Krug and attack with them when the enemy comes close enough. Spread out the Marro Warriors and take potshots at the enemy. When the Airborne drop, do the same.

Sound good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old April 16th, 2009, 07:21 PM

Thumbs up Re: Could you guys critique my army? (Im not very good)

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
So you have:

RotV
Wave 2 heroes
Wave 8 heroes
Aquilla's Alliance
10th & Wolves
Knights & Swog
YOU are very correct

Old April 16th, 2009, 07:26 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

The best thing to do when you don't have multiple commons is to play Uniques.

Raelin 80
Krav 180
Zelrig 365
Zetacron 425
Marro Warriors 475
Otonashi or a Swog Rider?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion