Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old May 10th, 2007, 11:39 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
"Official" Paint Variation on figures

I just opened a new MS set and was looking at the figures and the paint colors are different on alot of the figs....Mimring was basically brown and not copper like my original one his wings were copper but had these gorgeous brown flecks so I swapped them out with the wings on my original Mimring....

Sgt. Drake is African American and the AE are hispanic

Definte other color variations in the other figs too...

Anyone else experiencing such drastic paint variations?
Old May 11th, 2007, 12:49 AM

Hex Sinister Woo who?

"Grimnak the Orc is doing something kinda pleasant to my arm." - Sgt. Drake
Old May 11th, 2007, 04:24 AM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I got a few sets of gruts yesterday and compared them to my current set. My current set have bronze coloured armour and i remember asking on the forum what everyone elses looked like because on the packaging it has them with gold armour! My new sets are more gold-brown colour but still don't look as gold as the packaging.
Old May 11th, 2007, 04:50 AM
Master Custom Creator

PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby!
I recently, last 2 months, found a 1st ED MS, Sparkly Water, at Wal Mart. I swapped all my 2ED MS figures out with the 1ED and found out that a lot of the collors were almos white.
Here are a few MARROs for comparison

Marrow Warrior(1ED on Left); Ne-Gok-Sa (1ED), Marro Drone, Kee-Mo-Shi
Old May 11th, 2007, 08:38 AM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Skin tones, Marro tones, and Mimring tones have definitely changed. This isn't a new occurrence. It started shortly before the 2nd edition rulesets and dice made their appearance.
Old May 11th, 2007, 09:51 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!
In my first Master Set, my Deathwalker was a sort of gunmetal grey rather than black. I didn't notice the difference until I got my second and master sets. Other than that, I haven't noticed huge differences.
Old May 11th, 2007, 10:44 AM

Tholarthemag has disabled reputation
I have all 1st ed sets, and my marros all look like the ones on the right. I don't have sparkly water anymore, I traded them off. But even in those two sets which were bought around the same time, there are differences in Drake's colors. I think it depends on who was painting at the table that day. Anyone know how many of these things they can put out in a day? Do they have the Drake guy, the Carr guy, etc...?

Braxas can be killed by peanut butter.
Old May 11th, 2007, 11:11 AM

RichardD has disabled reputation
I've noticed that Deathwalker and the Zettians have received some brass-coloured dusting across torso and limbs that wasn't present on my 1st ed set. The metallic colours on all the figures seem more muted, les metallic, as Oncara says it's most obvious with Mimring.

The AE have got a lot lighter and greener, too.

Q - "Are you one of those people who does The Times crossword puzzle in 10 minutes?"

A - "I have NEVER taken 10 minutes!"

Old May 11th, 2007, 01:22 PM

tsukifu has disabled reputation
Figures do have some pretty significant color variations, but I can live with that. Right now it's the different shades of snow that are bugging me--there seems to be a briliiant white and then a sort of dingy, curbside white, and even one with a vaguely yellowish tint. I bought 3 packs of wave 6 the other day and found both white and dirty white in the packs. Separate, they look fine, but next to each other they look kind of funny. I'd post pics but the differences don't really show up in them.

Yellow snow house rules, anyone?

Anyway...I'm feelin' like pie.
Old May 11th, 2007, 01:29 PM
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsukifu
Yellow snow house rules, anyone?
Ok, how about this:

If a Unique Hero figure takes a wound while standing on yellow snow they fall and accidently eat the snow. Place a yellow snow poison marker on that figure's card. Figures that have a yellow snow poison marker on their card take a wound at the end of each round.

Old May 11th, 2007, 01:35 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I have quite a few Mastersets, and I'm pretty sure no 2 of them have the same paint jobs. My favorite was the albino set, where Drake, the AE, and the Marro all came out almost completely white, which is impressive considering they don't make them with white plastic. If nothing else, the level of detail on the figures varys widely, especially with Mimring, who's had almost ever shade of bronze I can imagine.
Old May 11th, 2007, 05:06 PM

GForce3062 has disabled reputation
I've noticed that too. I compared my izumi samurai with my friend's izumi samurai..... I had an albino samurai while his samurai was severly tanned! His marro warrior was also much more detailed then mine. Are the sculptors getting lazy on us!?!?!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion