Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old November 18th, 2010, 07:55 PM

i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Background music for Heroscape?

Hey all,

Sometimes I like to play some music while we play HS... it seems to add overall to the atmosphere of game-play.

Frequently I'll play Halo soundtracks-- much of the music strikes an appropriately "heroic" tone.

What do you all listen to while playing? Do you choose music specifically for background or stuff that you'd normally listen to anyway?

I'm trying to find some more stuff to listen to. I've tried to play the Pirates of the Caribbean soundtrack but it doesn't seem fit so well.

My sale/trade/wants/haves.

Also spend my free time drawing robots:
Instagram @robotoftheday
Old November 18th, 2010, 08:05 PM
Fully Baked

krysto2002 knows what's in an order marker krysto2002 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Background music for Heroscape?

This is just me, but every so often at home I play advanced wars music...
EDIT: and sometimes... Castlevania (oh yeah! Simon's theme!)

Sometimes, you just have to start over.
Old November 18th, 2010, 08:07 PM
Nostradumbass

DrAwsm is surprisingly tart

I've been thinking about playing "Carol of the Bells" (that might not be what it's officially called, though) by the Trans Siberian Orchestra. Yes, it is Christmas music, but it just sounds like it could work as background music for 'scape.

Usually I just have my radio on, so I don't have any designated music I listen to when I play. I might try to find something, even if it's just to see how it feels.

Time to hit Grooveshark (or YouTube)!!
Old November 18th, 2010, 08:09 PM

Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby!

During a Looooong (5 hours of game time, 4 players, 1000 point armies) we took a break to play Wii Sports Resort. We left the game on and the Swordfight Survival theme seemed to fit very well.

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...
Old November 18th, 2010, 08:11 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Any movie soundtrack composed by Hans Zimmer is awesome - Gladiator, The Dark Knight, Black Hawk Down, The Last Samurai , The Prince of Egypt. Other movie soundrtacks such as John Williams, Klaus Badelt, or John Powell are good too, but something about epic classically based mixture of adagio and allegro which is just awesome when the timing is right between music and dice rolls.
Old November 18th, 2010, 08:14 PM
Fully Baked

krysto2002 knows what's in an order marker krysto2002 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAwsm View Post
I've been thinking about playing "Carol of the Bells" (that might not be what it's officially called, though) by the Trans Siberian Orchestra. Yes, it is Christmas music, but it just sounds like it could work as background music for 'scape.

Usually I just have my radio on, so I don't have any designated music I listen to when I play. I might try to find something, even if it's just to see how it feels.

Time to hit Grooveshark (or YouTube)!!
Christmas in Sarajevo is the TSO's remix of Carol of the Bells.

Sometimes, you just have to start over.
Old November 18th, 2010, 08:19 PM

CapnRedChops knows what's in an order marker CapnRedChops knows what's in an order marker

ride of the valkyries - Wagner
The LotR soundtrack

Now for something completely different - I stream SLAY radio through iTunes when I play.

CRC

CRC's Maps: please consider using one of my maps. I'd love the feedback.

Old November 18th, 2010, 08:22 PM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Viva La Vida on repeat.

Mimring>Krug. 'Nuff said.
Old November 18th, 2010, 08:24 PM

Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness

We almost always use background music in our 'Scapage. We have used everything from Star Wars to Conan the Barbarian. We use the Lord of the Rings soundtracks more than anything though. Every once in a while we use Rush or Zeppelin. One time we tried Phil Collins: Greatest hits, but that just didn't work out.

I encompass, and I eclipse.
Helm's Deep
My Maps
Embracing the Fun
Old November 18th, 2010, 08:45 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

The best music is playing the "you've been thunderstruck" line from Ac/Dc's Thunderstruck without lyrics, and having the appropriate player sing: "You've been... (drums) counterstruck"... the best background music ever.
Old November 18th, 2010, 09:07 PM

The Deadliest Warrior knows what's in an order marker The Deadliest Warrior knows what's in an order marker

try these, they are epic + 2, guratanteed!

Wagner: Ride of the Valkyries

Golden Earring: The Twilight Zone

R.E.M.: The End of the World

Edwin Starr: War

Carlos Vives: La Gota Fria (it's a Spanish song)

'My dog's got no nose.'
"How does it smell?"
'Terrible.'
Old November 18th, 2010, 09:38 PM
Taking a man check - Gangnam spider style!

Chilling Touch rolls all skulls baby! Chilling Touch rolls all skulls baby! Chilling Touch rolls all skulls baby! Chilling Touch rolls all skulls baby! Chilling Touch rolls all skulls baby! Chilling Touch rolls all skulls baby!

My friends and I enjoy : time of dying, 3 days grace

Chilling Touch is Kee-Kee storytelling the PARALLEL CAVE...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion