Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Old February 7th, 2007, 05:03 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
WizKids Star Wars PocketModel game...

Just announced on the Wizkids site:

WIZKIDS ANNOUNCES STAR WARS POCKETMODEL TRADING CARD GAME
February 07, 2007 (SEATTLE) WizKids Inc., a subsidiary of Topps and the creator of runaway hit games such as HeroClix® and Pirates of the Spanish Main, announced today that it will release a new collectable game called the Star Wars PocketModel trading card game (TCG). The agreement is an expansion of Topps' current licensing agreement with Lucas Licensing.

"The Topps Company and Lucas Licensing have enjoyed a successful 30-year licensing partnership and are proud to extend our license to include trading card games," said Ira Friedman, Topps vice president of Publishing and Licensing.

"The Star Wars PocketModel TCG combines the best features of classic TCGs with those of constructible strategy games (CSGs), a category that WizKids® pioneered for kids. This TCG innovation allows players to use characters and action scenes from the movies on their cards to help control their fleets of PocketModel ships as they attempt to destroy each other¹s objectives. This exciting, easy-to-learn game derives its content from all six Star Wars movies, making it possible for fans of all generations to enjoy battling for control of the galaxy!

"Topps trading cards were the very first Star Wars*licensed products," said Howard Roffman, president of Lucas Licensing. "We are pleased to expand our longstanding relationship with Topps to include both WizKids and trading card game products. We are excited for Star Wars fans because there has never been a product quite like this before."

Following in the tradition of WizKids' successful Pirates CSG, no Starter is required for game play. Each Game Pack (SRP $4.99) contains four to eight styrene constructible vehicle models, six game cards, two micro dice, assembly instructions and complete rules.

"It is a privilege to be given the opportunity to create trading card games for a property with the history and popularity of Star Wars. Our first directive has been to develop a truly innovative card game that young Star Wars fans can enjoy," said Lax Chandra, WizKids president. "The excitement generated by kids during our testing of the PocketModel TCG has exceeded our expectations on all accounts."

The Star Wars PocketModel TCG is expected to be released at retail in June 2007, with a preview and samples available at Star Wars Celebration IV, May 24*28 at the Los Angeles Convention Center. Sales inquiries may be directed to WizKids¹ director of Sales, Dennis OBrien, at (425) 460-4311, or via e-mail at dennis@wizkidsgames.com.

Interesting that they release this just after WotC releases their Stars Wars Starship Miniature game.

The prototypes look pretty good but the finished product could look different.

Newb.
Old February 7th, 2007, 05:17 PM

bad_calvin is surprisingly tart
I am such a sucker for all things starwars. the only problem is how "collectible" it ends up being. If I can't get a complete set for a reasonable price I don't do it.

But it looks fun as heck!!! vehicle combat baby!!
Old February 7th, 2007, 09:06 PM

heroscaper2.0 has disabled reputation
Sounds cool. I almost bought pirates but instead bought something else...I think it was Risk, or was it NO? Anywho, looks cool, thanks for posting.
Old February 7th, 2007, 09:49 PM

Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby!
I recently got a starter and booster of the Wizard's Star Wars Starship Battles miniature game and I must say it is impressive to see the fleets arrayed for battle!

The rules for SSB are pretty stripped down compared to other starship rules out there...seems like this new "easy-to-learn" game will be even simpler. The constructible aspect reminds me of Rocketmen.

Have to keep an eye on this one...

I was EyeOfSauron back in the day.
Now I'm Mythic.
Old February 7th, 2007, 09:59 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Cool! Its like Pirates only Star Wars!
Old February 7th, 2007, 10:26 PM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
It's sad to me that these appear to be better scaled than the WotC minis that were released at the end of last year. That line is a colossal waste. I'm not going to post in hopes that WizKids does any better. Please see my post in the figures for use in Heroscape thread for why.

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old February 8th, 2007, 12:02 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I don't really understand the need for these....why would they release SW starship battles only weeks/months earlier? Aren't both products filling roughly the same niche?

I kind of like SW starship battles, and I hope it doesn't go away entirely now.
Old February 8th, 2007, 12:08 PM

countblah has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninthdoc

Waiting for my old avatar to dry off. And to quit stinking, too.

Old February 8th, 2007, 12:20 PM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by countblah
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninthdoc

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old February 8th, 2007, 12:27 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I don't care for the Wizards Star Wars Starship game. It's too expensive and the rules are, how should I say this nicely, lame. The figs are pretty nice except they used a plastic that was too soft and all the ships come out of the box looking like they spent the evening in a wrestling match. I'm hoping this game has better rules than WK's last attempt at a starship game and the ships look close to what the prototypes look like.

Newb.
Old February 8th, 2007, 01:30 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I hope it is as cool as it looks.
Old February 8th, 2007, 02:51 PM

countblah has disabled reputation
Hey! My old avatar! I need that back, pronto. Of course, I'll have to wait until it dries out a little. Darn you, BadCalvin!

Waiting for my old avatar to dry off. And to quit stinking, too.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games