Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old June 11th, 2012, 01:47 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth
Re: Grey Gargoyle - Design Phase

We already added other special abilites, but preventing leaving engagement attacks is a good catch!

Don't they have bug repellent where you live?
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlhsl
Grey Gargoyle

Gah, TICKS!!! I only hiked 2-1/2 miles, for crying out loud. And that's another thing: only 2-1/2 miles! When I was hiking regularly in 2005, I worked up to hitting 8 miles without any problems! But then gas prices shot through the roof and the summers were too hot, so that cut back my 2-3 hour drives to the really good trails close to Chattanooga and Knoxville. So now I'm hitting the city trails close to Nashville, but they don't have the deep gorges and nice waterfalls. And now I'm down to 2-4 mile trails based on my current stamina. So when I do finally make it farther from the city, I'm huffing my way like a dorky geezer -- which I am anyway -- but I don't need to have it thrown in my face. And what's with the flies and the bees buzzing around my head and the stupid spider webs I keep stepping into?

I swear, the only thing I like about hiking is that it relieves my stress, makes me appreciate nature, and improves my cheerful disposition.

Stupid ticks!

With apologies, of course, to Margloth for the tick comments.

Ok, what have we got?

Hand of Stone
This will still allow stoned figures (pun not intended, but too funny to rephrase) to use defense abilities and other abilities not related to move/attack; such as passing bonding turns, C3G's Hulk's Rage Marker, and providing various bonuses (e.g., C3G's Captain America). Since engagement strikes aren't considered attacks, figures could still do that.

Tough
Vetted ability and certainly fits the design.

Final Thoughts
Thematically, I'd think you would want to prevent stoned figures from making engagement strikes. I was going to suggest that you might shut down a stoned figure's abilities, but I don't consider many of the other items mentioned to be complete theme breaks.

If any of you Heroes offer cheese to go with my whine, I'll take a baked brie, please.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old June 12th, 2012, 04:38 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

SP updated.

HAND OF STONE
Start the game with 3 grey Stone Markers on this card. If Grey Gargoyle inflicts a wound on a Unique Hero with his normal attack, place a Stone Marker on the defending figure’s card. A figure other than Grey Gargoyle with a Stone Marker on its card cannot move, attack in any manner, or use any special powers on its Army Card, and adds 1 additional die to its defense. At the end of each round, all of your Stone Markers are returned to this card.

TOUGH
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack, Grey Gargoyle always adds one automatic shield to whatever is rolled.

Old June 12th, 2012, 04:41 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Looks good to me.
Old June 12th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Hmm ... I think you're trying to cover "leaving engagement attacks" under "attack in any manner" and I'm not sure if it's clear, because leaving engagement attacks, despite the name, really aren't considered "attacks" for most of the uses of that term.

Maybe:

HAND OF STONE
Start the game with 3 grey Stone Markers on this card. If Grey Gargoyle inflicts a wound on a Unique Hero with his normal attack, place a Stone Marker on the defending figure’s card. A figure other than Grey Gargoyle with a Stone Marker on its card cannot move, roll dice for attacks or leaving engagement attacks, or use any special powers on its Army Card, and adds 1 additional die to its defense. At the end of each round, all of your Stone Markers are returned to this card.

?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 12th, 2012, 09:04 PM

Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun

Like the way he's shaping up guys.
Old June 13th, 2012, 09:59 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Looking good

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old June 16th, 2012, 10:40 AM
Business Casual

SP updated.

Anyone have time for the initial?

Old June 16th, 2012, 10:49 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Sorry Sir G. I'm up to my armpits in Malice and it's not going to be quick. I also still have to finish typing up my test sheet for A.I.M. Agents.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old June 16th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I'm kinda busy with Odin then I'm gonna do Dark Phoenix. Wish I could help you out here soon.
Old June 16th, 2012, 11:06 AM
Business Casual

No worries. We're so far ahead right now, it's scary.

Old June 16th, 2012, 11:12 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think Johnny and Hahma are both occupied elsewhere and I know Tickle's still working on stuff, so I'd better take this one so I don't get a rep for sluffing off too much. I'll try to get started on this tonight.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 16th, 2012, 12:03 PM

C3G INITIAL PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT (GREY GARGOYLE)

- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them.
PASS

- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
PASS

- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
PASS

- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit to powerful or too weak.
PASS

- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
PASS

- FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play.
PASS

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
PASS

- DRAFTING TEST/ Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting.
PASS

- USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
PASS

- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
PASS

Heavy Hitter or Mid-Level Hero Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes

- What should be the unit's point value? 200-210
- Give a brief overview. It’s all about the special attacks in these one-on-ones. If you have one, Grey Gargoyle is easier to wound. If not, he gets in enough shots to freeze you in stone and wipe you out. I think his value will be lessened in army play though, due to there being other attackers if he freezes the first one, so I plan to test him at 200 there still.
Spoiler Alert!

Squad Test

- What should be the unit's point value? Less than 200
- Give a brief overview. Grey Gargoyle got torn up by piled on special attacks here.
Map: Custom
Units: Grey Gargoyle vs. Amazon Warriors x2 (200)
Spoiler Alert!

Squad Test

- Give a brief overview. Another squad with special attacks and poor attack rolls from Grey Gargoyle combines to take him down.
Units: Grey Gargoyle vs. SHIELD Agents x2 (220)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test

- Give a brief overview. Grey Gargoyle did his part here, but this team had no answer to Mar-Vell.
Units: Grey Gargoyle (200), Vulture (90), Ventriloquist (70), Black Cat (135), Hydro-Man (190), Street Thugs x3 (225), Body Guards x6 (90) (1,000) vs. Captain Marvel (Mar-Vell) (400), Ghost Rider (380), Iron Man Mark III (220) (1,000)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test

- What should be the unit's point value? 240?
- Give a brief overview. This was a deadly combo that had a lot of luck to boot.
Units: Grey Gargoyle (200), Graviton (400) (600) vs. Thor (430), Black Widow (170) (600)
Spoiler Alert!

I like 200 overall!

Last edited by IAmBatman; June 18th, 2012 at 11:27 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library