Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old March 14th, 2014, 05:59 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: IshMEL's Customs: Major Update 2/5/14

I forgot that when I changed Venom Strike, the snakes no longer have a d20 power! Thanks for catching that. Movement Frenzy (Serpentine Frenzy?) is a good option that can replace Horde Attack. I think I'll keep their species as Snakes -- Vipers are clearly the "guys from Marr" and I have a backstory on how Sahelia communes with both species. As for the change in Venom Strike -- I like the concept, but it could get weird if it's an additional attack (like, if the Serpent gets Counter Striked [Counter Struck?], the poison can't "work" because it can't attack again.)

So my options are:
1) Venom Strike = 1 auto-skull if all skulls are rolled. Replace Horde Attack with movement frenzy so there's a d20 power for them.

2) Venom Strike = if all skulls are rolled, roll the d20, on X or higher the figure takes an unblockable wound. Potentially better than option 1, since that wound could get past, say a 3-shield roll. Keep Horde Attack since Venom Strike now has a d20 component.

3) Something else I haven't thought of.

In the meantime, here's another beastie I'm hoping to rebase this weekend:

Kraal. Just in case you ever wanted a weaker Shurrak who could bond with Spiders. 100 pts.
Spoiler Alert!

Have a great weekend all!
Old March 19th, 2014, 06:35 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

A few units that I've either updated or haven't posted yet -- these are more or less notes to myself as works in progress (although you can look if you want to!)

The Raven. Familiar. 20 pts.
Spoiler Alert!

Jorn Ironfist. A wild and crazy Dwarf with a big big hammer. 100 pts.
Spoiler Alert!

The Mechanical Turk. Putting the "Steam" back in "Steampunk". 40 pts.
Spoiler Alert!

Wulfenbach Siege Engines. The cure for the common battlement. 50 points.
Spoiler Alert!

Vahan the Stalwart, Glyph grabber and defender. 60 pts.
Spoiler Alert!

Ticalla Serpents. Snakes. Why does it always have to be snakes? Common Squad. 30 pts.
Spoiler Alert!

Taran Cynwyd. Aquilla Flagbearer. 110 pts.
Spoiler Alert!

Skeletal Archers. While we're waiting on the VC version... 30 points.
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by IshMEL; March 16th, 2017 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Changed one power on Archers.
Old March 20th, 2014, 01:32 PM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

How are you going to do to fit all the text of the Raven on the army card ? ^^ 4 powers, and not the shortests, courage ! Otherwise, the card looks interesting, it brings a nice boost for Brandis and the powers are originals, I like the idea of Evasive flight.

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old March 20th, 2014, 01:55 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm falling behind on your figures, IshMEL. I totally missed when Kraal got put up there.

I like option 1 for the vipers. Option 2 is cool, but it's a little more complicated than it needs to be (roll all skulls and then roll the d20 is just one too many hoop to jump through). While it's weaker than Maul or Lethal Sting, it's more likely because of their base 2 attack (25% of the time) so I wouldn't push it.

Kraal
This thing looks like it has 4 feet and 2 legs. Pretty crazy miniature, but I like seeing non-humanoids worked in every now and again. Is it Large 5 because it would take a peanut base?

I otherwise like the different parts put together with this guy and he seems a nice option to bond with the spiders, but I wonder if you have a bit too much going on between the baby Shurrak powers and Predation. Tailsweep and Knockback are cool and thematic, and Predation is cool and thematic, but together they seem a tad conflicting. It is nice to have options sometimes, but it just strikes me that this creature would be more inclined to try to feed than swing its tail around. It you want to keep it as is, I'd consider dropping his normal attack to 3. Normally I like there to be a choice between the SA and normal attack, but in this case I think Predation makes up for that option. Still a cool build overall.
Old March 20th, 2014, 04:56 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

The Raven
I must echo Daniel Loche over the concern that that powers may run a bit long for what you can expect to fit on a card.

Otherwise, this build doesn't do much, but what do you expect for 20 pts? Otherwise, Familiar Movement Bonding is thematic (though I see it as Animal Companion Bonding for the ranger) and allows you to get your 2 range bonus without even needing order markers on the raven. Stealth flying is fine with this small bird, but my real problem is with Evasive Flight. It strikes me as odd that it is a unique hero given the name, though that may be a good thing given the balance.

For one, this is a pretty complicated power. In addition to getting an automatic shield in melee (a significant bonus on 3 defense), you have the matter of height advantage against most opponents and can affect adjacency. So, against a grounded melee unit, you are looking at 4 defense with an auto shield. The fact that the raven can get into position with the use of order markers on it makes it a fairly effective single hero screen, so it is a good thing that it is unique instead of common. I believe that the most problematic issue, however, is the fact that it may add 3 to its base height against non-flying units. For one, against height 3 and smaller opponents, it can't actually take advantage of the height for attacks since it would otherwise not be considered engaged. More to the point, when do you choose whether or not to add 3 to the height. Is it at will? If I were fighting your Raven with some Fyorlag Spiders, you could claim that the raven is flying 3 in the air and my spiders can't attack it. If I go to move with them, however, could you just as easily claim that your bird is now on the ground and can dole out leaving engagement attacks if they move away? Could it attack the spiders, give them leaving engagement attacks if they move, and claim that it's base is 3 up if they go to attack it. This sort of problem can happen to almost any non-flying unit if the raven claims a suitable perch. Overall, I think it is just creating more problems than it is solving for this already dense card.

Overall, this is a thematic and interesting bird which has probably gone a little further than necessary in the name of theme. If you dropped Evasive Flight entirely, I think you are looking at a much more reasonable 20 pt filler for your rangers and wizards.

For Through the Eyes of the Raven, I would say "with a normal attack" instead of "for a normal attack."
Old March 20th, 2014, 05:06 PM

Jorn Ironfist

I think I can guess the miniature you are suggesting for Jorn Ironfist, but it looks like you have also walked into the coolstuff image trap. You got squirreled. I made this mistake myself not too long ago, but it looks like you'll have to like a picture from a different sight.

Otherwise, I really like this guy. He certainly seems to play bold and relies hard on Tough between his 4 life and 2 defense. His attack of 3, while seeming small, has a nice lesser version of Deadly Strike with your Hammer Strike Ability.

The real flash is tied into the nice Overextend Variant, Overextended Fury. I appreciate that he takes the wound at the end of the turn so he can use it to go out with a bang.

He seems very cool and like he should be some fun. I suspect that he may be costed a tad high at his current stats, but it's possible I'm underestimating the sum of his abilities. He'll crumple quickly to special attacks (maybe could stand a bit more life), but is otherwise a fun addition to the dwarf family.
Old March 20th, 2014, 05:26 PM

The Mechanical Turk

I must say that Clank is a strange species and the name is even stranger. His stats are otherwise identical to the Hoplitron save his size, making him on average slightly less survivable than that common hero.

As such, it strikes me as a little odd that most of his powers are concerned with him being alive for multiple rounds. Still, I suppose his role is to sit back as filler hero and not join the battle to the end. When he does, he has the option for a nice double attack and overextend before he needs to build up steam again. Not being able to take turns when that resource is spent is a significant downside, but one that you should be able to play around if you're clever about it.

I think I overall like him, but it seems that he needs a few wording changes on some of his powers:

Head of Steam
After taking a turn with the Mechanical Turk, you may remove 2 Steam Markers from this Army Card and take another turn with him (it?). You may only use this power once during a round round.

Steam-Powered Punch
When The Mechanical Turk attacks, you may remove 1 Steam Marker from this Army Card and attack one additional time. You may only use this power once during a turn.

Last edited by Ixe; March 20th, 2014 at 05:26 PM. Reason: typo
Old March 21st, 2014, 07:34 PM

Thanks guys for taking a look -- like I said, these are WIPs, but it's always good to get your notes.

Kraal: Yeah, it's a crazy miniature. Actually there's SoV-level availability on him, which is hard to find. I'm going to change the name to "Kraal Predator." Also, you're right, there's not a meaningful choice if Predator is 1 more than the SA. So if I drop it to 3, he'll have the choice of a normal attack (with the hope of nom nom nom nom) or a multi-attack.

The Raven: As you both noted, this is pushing it both word-wise and power-wise. I think I'll knock the second part of Evasive Flight off, which will help with both.

Jorn: I fixed the image... oops! Glad you like Overextended Fury, it's my favorite power tweak of the week.

The Mechanical Turk: This is from my "Steampunk" series inspired by the Girl Genius webcomic. "Clanks" are their generic term for robot/constructs. The Mechanical Turk was an historic chess-playing automaton. My other possible name is "Professor Babbage." I'll use those wording changes, thanks. I wanted to play with time, something like Growing Heat but round-based instead of turn-based. I'm not sure how he'll play, but I hope the high defense will give him a chance to build up steam. We'll see (if I ever get him to the table).

Thanks again!
Old March 22nd, 2014, 10:34 AM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I really like Taran Cynwyd. He's really got the look of an Aquilla Flagbearer. However, I'm not entirely sure about him thematically, as he doesn't seem to have the feel of a figure that boosts an Aquilla exclusive stat or ability (though the some of the official flagbearers seem this way as well). An aquilifer also seems a bit strange for Aquilla, even with the coincidental names. Is he supposed to be Roman of origin?

He may also be a bit undercosted, as flag of courage is a great passive cheerleader ability. It seems like it could use some sort of requirement, like an order marker or wound on Taran. I really like the resource management idea. Very creative!

Finally: What are these Aquilla dice like? Are they black with a yellow Aquilla symbol, or the other way around? (That was actually my main question about this guy )

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs
Old March 24th, 2014, 10:20 AM

Thanks Maklar! You've given me some ideas.

So there are two problems with Taran: he's not thematically tied to Aquilla, and there are no Aquilla Valkyrie dice. What about:

Alliance of The Sun
Begin the game with 12 white combat dice on this card. If no friendly Army Card follows Utgar, Vydar, or Valkrill, when a figure you control within 3 clear sight spaces of Taran Cynwyd rolls for defense or for a normal attack, you may remove a die from this card and add it to that roll. At the end of each round, if there is at least one Order Marker on this card, add two dice to this card. Taran Cynwyd is not affected by Alliance of the Sun.

So he's not the "Aquilla Flagbearer," he's the Alliance Flagbearer. It's both more powerful (many more units) and less (regular dice).

I could make him Jandar, even, to fit better with Knights. I'm guessing his cost will go up to 130 maybe.
Old March 24th, 2014, 10:59 AM

Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I really like the twist on overextends attack for Jorn, too. Like with Eltahale, I like to be able to go out with a bang !!

Taran's power seems pretty powerfull ! It is an aura quite similar to that of Raelin v2 AND Taaelord combined. Sure the supply of dice somewhat balances that, but a squad of omnicron sniper on height with Taran would be a nightmare, and being able to using it full extends for a round and a half may be enough to change the tide of the battle. I like the idea, but it is hard to price units with aura like that.

I don't know about the others, but Jorn and Taran miniatures are a little on the small side of the scall for heroscape. In fact, I have the Taran's mini (used it before I managed to get sir Gilbert), and was thinking making it a female knight, something like a Jeanne of Arc of sort, because of the size.
Old March 24th, 2014, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrgard View Post
I really like the twist on overextends attack for Jorn, too. Like with Eltahale, I like to be able to go out with a bang !!

Taran's power seems pretty powerfull ! It is an aura quite similar to that of Raelin v2 AND Taaelord combined. Sure the supply of dice somewhat balances that, but a squad of omnicron sniper on height with Taran would be a nightmare, and being able to using it full extends for a round and a half may be enough to change the tide of the battle. I like the idea, but it is hard to price units with aura like that.

I don't know about the others, but Jorn and Taran miniatures are a little on the small side of the scall for heroscape. In fact, I have the Taran's mini (used it before I managed to get sir Gilbert), and was thinking making it a female knight, something like a Jeanne of Arc of sort, because of the size.
Well, Jorn is a Dwarf...

Here is version 3 of Taran:

Jeanne du Soliel
Jandar
Human
Herald
Inspiring

Alliance of The Sun
Begin the game with 12 white combat dice on this card. Once per turn, when a figure you control within 3 clear sight spaces of Jeanne du Soleil rolls for defense or for a normal attack, you may remove a die from this card and add it to your roll. Jeanne du Soliel is not affected by Alliance of the Sun. You may not use Alliance of the Sun if any friendly figures follow Utgar, Vydar, or Valkrill.

Glory of the Alliance
If Jeanne du Soliel destroys a figure that follows Utgar, Vydar, or Valkrill with a normal attack or leaving engagement attack, add 3 white combat dice to this card.

Fallen Flag
If Jeanne du Soleil is destroyed, place her on this card. While she is on this card, subtract 1 from your initiative roll, plus 1 for each die on this card. You may not remove dice from this card while Jeanne du Soleil is on this card.

"Alliance" is now once-per-round, and doesn't include an automated dice refill. The "Glory" bonus is now 3 dice, since it's the only way to regenerate the flag, and includes LEAs for good measure. "Fallen Flag" is simplified, without the "recovery" clause.

Again, thanks all for the public workshop!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards