Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old May 7th, 2022, 04:19 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
OEAO's Map Hall of Fame

Greetings!

The Wargrounds of Scape does an excellent job of curating some of the most competitive and recognized maps in the community. But there are some maps that just aren't quite up to WoS standards.

Maps may fail WoS review for many reasons. Some of these maps were incredibly important, even if they haven't aged as well as I would have liked. Others are just really solid, but aren't quite at the level they need to be to make WoS.

My Map Hall of Fame is meant to recognize these good and/or historically significant maps. I would recommend every singe one of these maps to players and local TOs.

Most importantly, I hope that none of these maps are ever lost to history.

Note that this is not officially affiliated with the WoS in any way. There is no official process of any kind (no nominations, no separate review, etc). And at this time, I am only including maps that have failed WoS review. Of course, I reserve the right to make changes at any time. I'm also mainly including maps that are unlikely to receive updates, although a few may (and I hope will!) be updated.

My Hall of Fame is listed in alphabetical order (by creator and then by map) for ease of use.

The Hall of Fame

All WoS-inducted maps are included by proxy; you can see the complete list here.

Highways or the High Way (Jungle Edition) by 1Mmirg

Road Rampage by Ch1can0

Can't See the Jungle... by Dignan

Flash Fire by Dignan

Badru Valley by GameBear

Common Ground by GameBear

Embattled Fen by GameBear

Sidewinder by GameBear

Blackroot by mad_wookiee

Quasatch Playground by mad_wookiee

Elswin Plateau by Mooseman

Savage Corridor by Nomad

Burial Marsh by Panopticon

Zephyr by Robber

Fossil by R˙chean

Highways & Dieways: Swarm Edition by R˙chean

Fire Isles by yagyuninja

Last edited by OEAO; August 31st, 2022 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Common Ground and H&D: SE added
Old August 29th, 2022, 11:04 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: OEAO's Map Hall of Fame

Can you make a post whenever a map is added?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 31st, 2022, 03:08 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Can you make a post whenever a map is added?
Definitely! I wasn't sure if there was any public interest in this.

The only update so far has been adding Common Ground (a classic 1x RotV map) and Highways and Dieways Swarm Edition (I personally haven't played it, but it looks to be about as good as regular Highways and Dieways; I don't really agree that multiple versions of the same map shouldn't be in WoS, depending on differences, and I don't really agree with downvotes for purely aesthetic reasons, but again, I didn't review it because I haven't played it).

I would expect the next update by the end of the year, as I think there are several maps that are likely to fail WoS and will make it into here.
Old August 31st, 2022, 03:12 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 12th, 2022, 11:27 AM

Phantom knows what's in an order marker Phantom knows what's in an order marker Phantom knows what's in an order marker

Is there a best of/hall of fame for maps that are built using the bare minimum of sets?
For instance my brother just has the original set, is there a list of good maps that only use ROtV? Or just one SotM, etc.?

Also, maybe a list of small/quick/easy to put together maps that get people ready to play so they don't die of boredom as they wait for assembly?
Old September 12th, 2022, 11:33 AM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
Is there a best of/hall of fame for maps that are built using the bare minimum of sets?
For instance my brother just has the original set, is there a list of good maps that only use ROtV? Or just one SotM, etc.?

Also, maybe a list of small/quick/easy to put together maps that get people ready to play so they don't die of boredom as they wait for assembly?
There isn't a list that I know of, but for 1x RotV, you can't go wrong with Origin by Flash_19 (my favorite), Common Ground by GameBear, or Dry Season by Killometer. I don't really know of any 1x SotM maps. I know Typhon2222 has some (at least one?) 1x BftU map(s) that look good.
Old September 12th, 2022, 05:51 PM
The Road Not Taken

Br1an rolls all skulls baby! Br1an rolls all skulls baby! Br1an rolls all skulls baby! Br1an rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom View Post

I have a number of maps in my map thread that use only 1 RotV, 1 SotM, or 1 of each together. They're not the best maps ever but they're perfectly playable for some at-home carnage! I'll post the build pdfs below, but if you wanna see pics of them you can check out my map thread linked in my signature!

1 RotV only:
Grassland Mesa

Grisly Plateau

Heavy Hills

Spires in the Sand

1 SotM only:
Bog 'em 'n' Bag 'em

Monolithic

1 RotV + 1 SotM:
Swampletics

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios