Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old October 27th, 2011, 12:36 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
caps' customs -Speed Customs highlighted- 11/4/13

Spotlight on Speed Custom Entries

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
I'm really proud of the designs I submitted to some of Soundwarp SG-1's Speed Custom contests (be sure you check them out) so I thought I would showcase them in my thread.

Each of my cards were made by danieloche. Let me say he did an awesome job!

Here they are:

Challenge 3
Spoiler Alert!

Challenge 6
Spoiler Alert!

Challenge 7
Spoiler Alert!

--

Yeenoghu's Hunters
Spoiler Alert!

Kevfalcon the Stormbreaker (formerly Joena)
Spoiler Alert!

Deathwalker 6000 (temporary name, any ideas?)
Spoiler Alert!

Zezz
Spoiler Alert!

Al'lannon
Spoiler Alert!

Ayrin
Spoiler Alert!

Ari'cristle
Spoiler Alert!

Fingulf
Spoiler Alert!

Gareth the Scarlet Fury
Spoiler Alert!

Trellyn
Spoiler Alert!

Frederick Wolfgang
Spoiler Alert!

League of Heroes
Spoiler Alert!

Prototype Ideas for Additional "Elites" - last updated 6/28/12
Spoiler Alert!

Outcast - added 6/28/12
Spoiler Alert!

Mastermind - added 6/28/12
Spoiler Alert!

Tacticals
Spoiler Alert!

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Last edited by caps; November 4th, 2013 at 11:06 PM. Reason: updating
Old October 27th, 2011, 07:16 AM

elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: capsocrates' customs - last updated 10/26/11

Interesting abilities! I like this unit. I am assuming it is a two-man squad?
Old October 27th, 2011, 10:16 AM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: capsocrates' customs - last updated 10/26/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvenwizard9 View Post
Interesting abilities! I like this unit. I am assuming it is a two-man squad?
The version using the Hunter's Mark is probably going to be played as a 2-man squad. Depending on how I modify it after playtesting it could be a 3-man squad.

The simpler version (without Hunter's Mark) is a 3-man squad.

--
--
--

--
Old October 27th, 2011, 05:41 PM

Re: capsocrates' customs - last updated 10/27/11 - new cards

I still have more ideas cooking up, but I want to refine these ones before I go any further. The figures that I most want to work on are the K'Vir brothers and Joena the Stormbreaker. They seem the closest to being ready for playtesting to me. I think The Lost One and Heath are also close to ready.

--
--
--

--
Old November 5th, 2011, 04:58 AM

Re: capsocrates' customs - last updated 10/27/11 - new cards

Added the latest version of the K'Vir brothers. Removed everything else.

K'Vir Brothers:
Spoiler Alert!

--
--
--

--
Old May 24th, 2012, 05:55 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth
Re: caps' customs - 5/24/12

Joena is very neat, a combo hero and squad killer, depending on which special power you use. Interesting. 3 attack with double skulls is going to hurt, especially with 5 def/7 life.

I think he'd be played more as a hero killer, charging into battle to engage the opponent's best hero, whirlwinding squads along the way. Definitely an interesting figure.
Old May 24th, 2012, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
Joena is very neat, a combo hero and squad killer, depending on which special power you use. Interesting. 3 attack with double skulls is going to hurt, especially with 5 def/7 life.
I have playtested him very little--he's actually had no playtesting since I made some major changes to his card, but I did test the 7life, 3attack, deadly strike. He killed Q10 in a single attack when Q10 had height--he rolled 3 skulls and Q10 rolled nothing. He hits really hard, and he has the potential to hit harder with height, glyphs, finn, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
I think he'd be played more as a hero killer, charging into battle to engage the opponent's best hero, whirlwinding squads along the way. Definitely an interesting figure.
Mmhmm, I'm looking forward to trying him some more in the near future.

--
--
--

--
Old May 28th, 2012, 11:44 AM

S1leNt RIP Woo who?

Sup! New here, but I figure I might be able to lend some insight!

First off, K'Vir seem really cool! I feel like they may be a little strong for 100 points, but only by about 10-20 points. Just a gut reaction. Hunter's Mark coupled with Evade Death is a great and fun mechanic, and lends itself to strategy more than a lot of units. Boss unit! (Where are the figures?!?)

Now, Joena.

First off I feel like Joena sounds like a more feminine name to me. I think it's the "ah" sound at the end. I'd drop it for flavor reasons!

Everything else on him looks good for the price, with the possible exception of Deadly Strike. You mentioned yourself that height, glyphs and buffs could really make him crazy, and because of that I would lower him to 2 attack dice, or increase his point cost by about 40.

Yeah...

Either that or completely remove his Whirlwind attack or lower his health or defense by 1 or 2. As is, he has tools to deal with everything except for ranged squads (which is a matter of a couple more order markers). He seems absolutely devastating, beefy, and with a anti squad attack thrown in.

But, playtesting will be the determining factor in really finding out whether he's too good.

Final thing, I'd change Whirlwind Attack to...

Whirlwind Special Attack
Range 1. Attack 3.
You may attack any and all figures adjacent to Joena with whirlwind special attack once per turn.

(I'm sure awsomeunleashed or Scytale would be able to make sure the wording is perfect, but I think it's cleaner, simple, and consistent with most of heroscape).

Boom!

New to Heroscapers, already starting with the Customs! Check em out here!
Old May 28th, 2012, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1leNt RIP View Post
Sup! New here, but I figure I might be able to lend some insight!

First off, K'Vir seem really cool! I feel like they may be a little strong for 100 points, but only by about 10-20 points. Just a gut reaction. Hunter's Mark coupled with Evade Death is a great and fun mechanic, and lends itself to strategy more than a lot of units. Boss unit! (Where are the figures?!?)
I don't have any figures picked out at present. I had them as Drow originally, but Drow figures are not widely available, so I'm looking for something else. I'm actually thinking about putting those abilities on a Lizardfolk Uncommon or Unique Hero instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1leNt RIP View Post
First off I feel like Joena sounds like a more feminine name to me. I think it's the "ah" sound at the end. I'd drop it for flavor reasons!

Everything else on him looks good for the price, with the possible exception of Deadly Strike. You mentioned yourself that height, glyphs and buffs could really make him crazy, and because of that I would lower him to 2 attack dice, or increase his point cost by about 40.

Yeah...

Either that or completely remove his Whirlwind attack or lower his health or defense by 1 or 2. As is, he has tools to deal with everything except for ranged squads (which is a matter of a couple more order markers). He seems absolutely devastating, beefy, and with a anti squad attack thrown in.

But, playtesting will be the determining factor in really finding out whether he's too good.

Final thing, I'd change Whirlwind Attack to...

Whirlwind Special Attack
Range 1. Attack 3.
You may attack any and all figures adjacent to Joena with whirlwind special attack once per turn.

(I'm sure awsomeunleashed or Scytale would be able to make sure the wording is perfect, but I think it's cleaner, simple, and consistent with most of heroscape).

Boom!
Thanks for the feedback! Jonah was the name of a Hebrew Prophet and I liked the way it looks and sounds as Joena, but I'll think about your suggestion.

Thus far, every character with Deadly Strike has had an attack of 2 or less. I wanted him to have a high damage potential so I went for the 3. Playtesting could show him to be overpowered, but with no bonding option I'm not so sure. Q9 is 180, so I'm a little reluctant to put him over that at all. Sgt. Alexander is 170, which is probably where Joena belongs, but I want to test him at 160 and see how it goes. When he had lower defense and no whirlwind, he was overpriced at 170 because he just couldn't last out a battle.

Whirlwind Attack actually has at least two precedents. Raelin from Swarm of the Marro, and Master Win Chiu Woo. I just changed the name to add the Deadly Strike clause, but there's no reason I couldn't call it Whirlwind Assault.

--
--
--

--
Old May 30th, 2012, 11:38 PM

Here's the unpolished version of an idea I just had for a new mech (probably one from the box C3V is using). I don't actually want him to be a Deathwalker, that's just his filler-name. I know Sparks looks a little weird with "wound markers he has" but that's how Krug's Wounded Smash is written.

Deathwalker 6000

5 life
5 move
5 range
3 attack
5 defense
140 points

SPARKS
When Deathwalker 6000 attacks an adjacent figure, he adds one automatic skull for every two wound markers he has.

OVERLOAD SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 8. Attack 4.
After using Overload special attack, roll one attack die. If a skull is rolled, inflict one wound on Deathwalker 6000. If the target of Overload special attack was adjacent to Deathwalker 6000 when he made the attack, you may also inflict one wound on the target.

--
--
--

--

Last edited by caps; May 31st, 2012 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Revising the idea. Why not auto-skulls?
Old June 1st, 2012, 07:54 PM

Re: caps' customs - Some old ideas

Here are some ideas I've been tossing around for a while.

Zezz
Spoiler Alert!

Al'lannon
Spoiler Alert!

Ayrin
Spoiler Alert!

Ari'cristle
Spoiler Alert!

Lord Heath (I don't think I like this name)
Spoiler Alert!

Finally, the idea that I'm most excited about is this common-hero pseudo squad. I've never seen anything like this done before (although I suspect the C3V's new Deathstrike thralls will have a similar synergy with the Preyblood's).

I call them the "League of Champions." They're tough, but altogether they're pretty pricy, so I don't think they're too tough at all. I haven't had a chance to playtest them at all and don't have specific figures in mind for them (except for the Elf Champion, which will be one of the aforementioned elf archers).

It is on purpose that the Dwarf and Elf champions both have synergy with Tandros Kreel (and any other Human Fighters that may come along down the line).

Human Champion
Spoiler Alert!

Dwarf Champion
Spoiler Alert!

Elf Champion
Spoiler Alert!

League Captain
Spoiler Alert!

--
--
--

--

Last edited by caps; June 2nd, 2012 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Ari'cristle
Old June 3rd, 2012, 07:26 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: caps' customs - 6/1/12 - New customs

Fingulf's defense of 4, coupled with Defensive Expertise, makes him a *beast* against melee armies.

I would guess 110 points is light even without League Command, and League Command is a big one.

On the Human Champion, did you look at Cleave for precedent for Following Strike? It gets tricky because of Scatter, etc.

I like the power selection and stats for the Dwarf Champion. The cost might be about right; playtesting will decide it.

I like the Elf Champion, too.

Again, playtesting will fine tune the prices.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards