Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

View Poll Results: What shall our Hero's purpose be?
A Support Hero for the Primadons! 6 13.64%
A "Dragon Master!" 8 18.18%
A Counter-Dragon Hero! 0 0%
A Vampire/Undead Hunter! 5 11.36%
A Support Hero for the Lawmen! 9 20.45%
An Utgar Cowboy! 3 6.82%
A Melee Booster/Anti-Range Hero! 2 4.55%
A Counter-Soulborg Hero! 8 18.18%
A Support Hero for the Roman Archers! 3 6.82%
A Support Hero for the Zombies of Morindan! 0 0%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 27th, 2009, 05:30 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Create-A-Unit 2: Part 2 - Purpose Discussion

As continued from PART 1...

We've got our Hero - but what is he going to do? Will he be an Ullar Warlord for the Armoc Vipers? How 'bout another gladiator for Sparty's crew, or another cowboy for the posse? An orc? A knight? A murderous clown? Or maybe a TERRIFYING DOGGIN SAVAGE!

Alright, maybe not that last one.

So, give out your ideas - and really try to sell them. Tell us why HeroScape NEEDS this unit. Give it a purpose, a reason, a root. Remember our last unit - it was a buddy squad for Dund. So let your imagination soar and spit out something good.

I'll edit the thread with a poll in three days, or when I think we have enough ideas.

EDIT: Alright, poll's up. Well, we've got our potential purposes, boys - now we need to vote on 'em. Should be straightforward, right?

Poll closes in three days.

Last edited by johnny139; April 30th, 2009 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Poll's up.
Old April 27th, 2009, 06:14 PM

Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker
Re: Create-A-Unit 2: Part 2 - Purpose Discussion

Give Sudema a groom!
Old April 27th, 2009, 07:06 PM

Chardris is surprisingly tart

I would say we should create a character that does not jus looks cool, has awesome ablilites, etc. It should have an ability to tie up a faction.

That being said, I would like to see:

1. deathwalker squad that bonds

2. undead shaman

3. marro egg (not so much because this faction is overflowing)

4. ? 9th elf wizard that has defensive abilities, (thorian shielding aura and/or a healing factor)

5. knight longbowmen

I need to stop before I work myself into a unit-making frenzy.
Old April 27th, 2009, 07:23 PM

puzzlemonkey rolls all skulls baby! puzzlemonkey rolls all skulls baby! puzzlemonkey rolls all skulls baby! puzzlemonkey rolls all skulls baby! puzzlemonkey rolls all skulls baby!

I want a Great Ape to buff my Gorillinators. He'll have Toughness, and some cool way to buff his Gorilla pals.

God, I want to use my Gorillas...
Old April 27th, 2009, 07:48 PM

Larmo knows what's in an order marker Larmo knows what's in an order marker Larmo knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by puzzlemonkey View Post
I want a Great Ape to buff my Gorillinators. He'll have Toughness, and some cool way to buff his Gorilla pals.

God, I want to use my Gorillas...
The gorillas actually came up in the last creat-a-unit, didn't they? I like this one, I'm always a fan of the gorillas. Either that, or something to make the templars competitive, but I can't think of what exactly it would do.
Old April 28th, 2009, 02:06 AM

GeneralGrievous13 is surprisingly tart

My dad and I came up with these two ideas:

1. A human Dragon Master, from the same world that the Heroscape dragons came from, who could bond with or strengthen friendly dragons. He could also weaken or take temporary control over enemy dragons.

2. A Vampire Hunter, someone like the young Van Helsing, who could be super effective against vampires, zombies, beasts, and all other undead characters and monsters. He could be armed all kinds of monster hunting weapons, including silver bullets, garlic, wooden stakes and much more.
Old April 28th, 2009, 07:24 AM
Super Bowel

Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker

I like the Dragon Master idea!

Without dark, there is no light.
Without bad HScape figs, there are no good ones.
Dund is important, therefore
Old April 28th, 2009, 07:38 AM

whipmaster is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsons Scaper View Post
I also like the idea of a dragon master

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth View Post
YOU don't seem very good.
Old April 28th, 2009, 08:00 AM

puzzlemonkey rolls all skulls baby! puzzlemonkey rolls all skulls baby! puzzlemonkey rolls all skulls baby! puzzlemonkey rolls all skulls baby! puzzlemonkey rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipmaster View Post
Quote:
Me, too, but I like the flipside--the "dragon hunter" part. I've always liked Sir Denrick's Giant Killing. Maybe something like that, plus an additional ability that suppresses the special attacks of adjacent dragons?
Old April 28th, 2009, 09:26 AM

Larmo knows what's in an order marker Larmo knows what's in an order marker Larmo knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipmaster View Post
Quote:
My only concern is that a dragon master might have the problem of being too good.
Old April 28th, 2009, 12:52 PM

Elginb has disabled reputation

The game issue I'd most like to see dealt with is the advantage range has over melee. So I'd like to see a hero with something like the Thorian Shield Aura that Chardris mentioned above, or maybe a figure that would grant disengage to its allies. I also would love to see a giant Ape!

So how about a large, double-Space Master Agent ape who grants a Nakita-like smoke-screen to those adjacent to it and gives disengage to any figure you control within 4 clear sight spaces of it.

There, that would cover my desires...
Old April 28th, 2009, 01:30 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elginb View Post
The game issue I'd most like to see dealt with is the advantage range has over melee. So I'd like to see a hero with something like the Thorian Shield Aura that Chardris mentioned above, or maybe a figure that would grant disengage to its allies. I also would love to see a giant Ape!

So how about a large, double-Space Master Agent ape who grants a Nakita-like smoke-screen to those adjacent to it and gives disengage to any figure you control within 4 clear sight spaces of it.

There, that would cover my desires...

How about a Primadon Ullar Warlord Dreadgul Gladiator with Thorian Shield aura, some sort of dragon mastery ability, AND bonding with Spartacus?

Your curiosity will be the death of you....

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards