Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old August 11th, 2010, 10:46 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
River of Blood-Inspired Tournament/Campaign Format

Up 'til now, I have played "classic" Heroscape exclusively, that is, pre-D&D scenarios, integrating the D&D terrain/units, while totally ignoring the post-D&D, dungeon crawl scenarios, official and otherwise. However, upon reading the River of Blood scenario, due to the buzz generated by the introduction of a seventh General, I am eager to play it. It also got me thinking . . .

[Hope this is in the right forum!]

Dungeon Crawl Tournament Format

Each map is a dungeon. Each player brings a 500 point Hero party (no Utgar) and a 500 point Utgar pool. Each map will have one or more required Utgar unit(s) (as in RoB) that are supplied by the organizer. The total points for Utgar on each map will be [300-350?]. Play continues, with Second Wind rules, until no player's Heroes are left alive to enter a room. The winner is the player who entered the most rooms. Finals would be Heroes vs. Heroes, with all accumulated Treasure glyphs in play.
Old August 12th, 2010, 02:36 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth
Re: River of Blood-Inspired Tournament/Campaign Format

This is very similar to Two tournments I have run/will be running.

In one it was a treasure Glyph collection with the 2 armies with the most Treasure squaring off at the end.

In the each player brings 1 evil and 1 good army to the event and plays that army through, with the side with the most victories wining the day.

I really like this especially since it elimates the requirement for symentical maps. I think I will try it one day soon.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old August 12th, 2010, 03:34 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: River of Blood-Inspired Tournament/Campaign Format

Taeblewalker is now 20 minutes from my place, and is bringing a hard copy of ROB! As I mentioned in my email to you NYC guys, I want to put up all 4 rooms and leave them up for a while, so people can drop by and play it! That should get you going, since its much more sophisticated that the MS3 campaign I think, and even better than the fine extra scenarios which came out later. I have everything in hard copy, if you want to try any of it. And Sherman Davies will be over with the new D2 sets for us all.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion