Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 25th, 2016, 05:13 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Phantom Menace: An Ever-Evolving Relationship

I don't hate the prequel trilogy as much as most folks do, although they certainly aren't by any stretch of the imagination objectively good movies (there's over 4 hours of Mr. Plinkett reviews on YouTube explaining why in excruciating detail--I suggest checking those out if you've got the time (mature content)). The biggest problem with them is that what's good or even deep about them is completely muddled in so much bad acting and directing and nonsensical plots.

Anyhow, I'll get to the point of yours I find the most intriguing: Qui-Gon. He's a very underrated character that occupies a type of individual very rarely seen in the Star Wars movies--that being a more gray-area character.

Although he is definitely a good guy, there's a reason why Qui-Gon isn't on the Jedi Council. His willingness to deviate from their code, his frequent use of his Jedi Mind Trick, etc. makes him a very different type of "old sage" character compared to Ben Kenobi in Star Wars. Yes, the council predicted that Anakin was dangerous, but Palpatine could've destroyed the Jedi with or without him (sure, Anakin stopped Samuel L Jackson from killing Palpatine but he was the one who informed him of Palpatine's true nature in the first place).

Anyway, the character of Qui-Gon hadn't been seen before until then, so I'm glad I got to see him, just like I was glad to see Finn as a type of character that hadn't been done before in The Force Awakens. And I find it unfortunate that Liam Neeson wasn't in more movies, but I digress.

Speaking of Force Awakens, I'm curious to see what kinds of themes they explore there in future movies. Or maybe they'll play it super-safe. We'll just have to wait and see, won't we.

~TAF, sorry for wasting your time

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies