Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old June 27th, 2008, 11:06 AM
Pyro with a G-String

scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Water Hex Mod

I like the tar, its different, and I mean we already have water.

14568 wins, -3 losses.
Old June 27th, 2008, 04:44 PM

Marro-Hivelord Woo who?

The idea of having tar is awesome! I think that your tar tiles look great. You should post a map using the tar so we can see what it looks like on a battlefield.

Marro-Hivelord is Sir Denrick...
in the THURISAZ KEEP...
Old June 27th, 2008, 05:27 PM

phantomclone has disabled reputation

Have you ever considered special movement rules for the Tar?

EDIT: Yes, I like the different variants mentioned!

Never smell what you can hear????

Last edited by phantomclone; July 1st, 2008 at 10:16 AM.
Old June 28th, 2008, 05:18 PM

Anthasu1 rolls all skulls baby! Anthasu1 rolls all skulls baby! Anthasu1 rolls all skulls baby! Anthasu1 rolls all skulls baby! Anthasu1 rolls all skulls baby!

Alright, i just tested the tar out yesterday with my friend. I'll just say no one wanted to jump into the tar. But i committed suicide with my nagrubs and hoped for the best.
Problems:
1) Squad figures mess up the turn marker thing.
2) I had to kill two nagrubs to test it Oh well
3) Bumbalo (Tor-Kul-Na) Died because of above (2+3 have nothing to do with the rule changes)

Changes:

When a figure moves into a tar space, stop its movement immediatly.(Like Water) If it is a small or medium squad figure, destroy it. If it is a hero, or a large or huge (You never know) squad figure, roll the D20 if you roll a 5+ that figure is destroyed. Large and huge heroes are not affected by tar, but must still stop.

Sorry, i wasn't able to get any pictures, I forget my camera. I will make a new map though, hopefully getting pictues by tommorrow. (I only have 8 tar tiles, i just wanted to change my SoTM, and I'm not modding my RoTV)
Old June 28th, 2008, 05:48 PM

Jorundr Shieldcrusher is surprisingly tart

Tars a good idea.

Ninjas beat pirates but Vikings beat all.
Old June 28th, 2008, 08:01 PM
Good is Dumb

Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

To answer your question, I've been trying to find out what temperature tar is. There's probably a lower temperature of it that is not very viscous and not very dangerous. As it gets hotter there would be a certain temperature range that is probably found in nature that isn't fatal, but you'd definitely get some serious burns after a short time.

In other words, not my curiosity is peaked about the temp of tar. Anyone got info?

Check out Gulp's Glyphs Not Worth Grabbing and Gulp's Abilities Not Worth Activating! Very Useful Thread: The Heroscape Library

"Heroscapers.com is not a charity site for the illiterate." -Gbob
Old June 30th, 2008, 04:16 PM

srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulp View Post
To answer your question, I've been trying to find out what temperature tar is. There's probably a lower temperature of it that is not very viscous and not very dangerous. As it gets hotter there would be a certain temperature range that is probably found in nature that isn't fatal, but you'd definitely get some serious burns after a short time.

In other words, not my curiosity is peaked about the temp of tar. Anyone got info?
The 'active' tar pits at Rancho la Brea can get quite hot, but that's the same mechanism that makes it uncomfortable to walk on an asphalt road surface on a bright sunny day; the asphalt is at essentially ambient temperature as it oozes out of the ground. Over time, the volatile fractions evaporate, turning the material thicker, eventually hardening it. It isn't the temperature that kills things that get caught in it, it's being mired in the viscous material with no traction to get out and slowly sinking beneath the surface where you suffocate. Depending on the temperature and time of year, the surface would be more or less rigid; on a cold day, it might be possible for someone light to cross the surface with no more obstruction than taking a little more effort to lift their feet, while on a hot summer day, the pool might be fluid enough to unbalance someone who merely stepped into the edge of the pool. The conical shape of the pool, which grows larger over time as sediments build up, would contribute to this, twisting an unwary foot to help tip the victim into the pool. Even on a hot summer day, though, the heat of the pool wouldn't be what killed you.

The Rancho La Brea Tar Pits actually don't contain tar per se, but a very thick crude oil, with a higher proportion of the long-chain hydrocarbons that are used for paving roads than most commercially-exploited oil deposits. The bubbles coming up in the pits are methane released from bacteria that actually eat the tar, not from any heat source or gas deposit below ground.
Old June 30th, 2008, 04:44 PM

albertic26 Woo who?

other people have said this but welcome and if thats tar that would be the best tile ever. unless there were quick sand tile were it would take 2 turns to get out of it!
Old July 2nd, 2008, 07:10 PM

Anthasu1 rolls all skulls baby! Anthasu1 rolls all skulls baby! Anthasu1 rolls all skulls baby! Anthasu1 rolls all skulls baby! Anthasu1 rolls all skulls baby!

Thanks for the input, it helps.
Old July 2nd, 2008, 07:36 PM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!

Instead of making another thread...

I've been pondering laying a bunch of water tiles out, and sticking some of this stuff on it, then cutting out the hex tiles...

http://www.target.com/Texture-12-Win...overing&page=1

It is clear bathroom window covering... looks kind of like tiny waves from a lake or something. Was going to actually do it before posting, but I am too cheap to go buy the stuff for $50 a roll.
Old July 2nd, 2008, 07:43 PM

Try Michaels. They have a Diorama kit called Scene-o-rama Get the 'Water Effects' and just follow the instructions. (I did a double coat of paint to make it darker) or you could just put on the wave effect things and not even bother with the paint. (You'll see what i'm talking about if you get the kit) It really helps.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles