Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

View Poll Results: Who's the best 5 point hero?
Entry #1 13 43.33%
Entry #2 1 3.33%
Entry #3 2 6.67%
Entry #4 0 0%
Entry #5 0 0%
Entry #6 2 6.67%
Entry #7 3 10.00%
Entry #8 2 6.67%
Entry #9 0 0%
Entry #10 1 3.33%
Entry #11 1 3.33%
Entry #12 5 16.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 17th, 2007, 12:52 PM

Turtleboy has disabled reputation
Numba 1, gets my vote.

All the figures are nice ,but seem to be a bit to steep for a mere 5 points.

#1 This guy is all but useless, but keeps coming back, good use of 5 points right here.
Old July 17th, 2007, 01:21 PM

Dictatorbilbo is surprisingly tart
Great entries this time!

I'm torn between #1 and #8;

Both had the same concept of coming back time after time, but each had a different interperetation of it; 1) made it happen automatically for the player that drafted it, while 2) made it so that it was possible for it to defect to another player. Two's ability allowed it to have better stats, making it slightly more usefull, if more risky.

Universal Bonding and To Tread serve the same purpose in both of these cards; to allow them to have some use despite their inferior stats.

I can't decide...

MR. GRUBBY'S
GRAND ADVENTURE

~ ONLY IN THE ~
KAUNAN KEEP
Old July 17th, 2007, 01:23 PM

Dictatorbilbo is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade
Drone of Forgotten Times: I like the balance of its first ability, but Universal Bonding is WAY too good.
I think you're misreading Universal Bonding; to me it looks like the drone can move after another one of your unit's activations, not the other way around.

MR. GRUBBY'S
GRAND ADVENTURE

~ ONLY IN THE ~
KAUNAN KEEP
Old July 17th, 2007, 01:25 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dictatorbilbo
Quote:
Drone of Forgotten Times: I like the balance of its first ability, but Universal Bonding is WAY too good.
I think you're misreading Universal Bonding; to me it looks like the drone can move after another one of your unit's activations, not the other way around.
No, I wasn't misreading it. It says you can take a turn after any other unit...any other unit. Meaning you get three extra turns per round. And if you using, say, Arrow Gruts to bond with Krug, you can take a turn with Krug, then the Drone, then the Gruts, then the Drone...

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old July 17th, 2007, 01:36 PM
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dictatorbilbo
Quote:
No, I wasn't misreading it. It says you can take a turn after any other unit...any other unit. Meaning you get three extra turns per round. And if you using, say, Arrow Gruts to bond with Krug, you can take a turn with Krug, then the Drone, then the Gruts, then the Drone...
Necroblade makes a good point. I think it could work better worded like this:

UNIVERSAL BONDING
When you reveal an Order Marker on any other card, before taking a turn with that unit, you may first take a turn with Drone of Forgotten Times.

Old July 18th, 2007, 03:16 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun
Did anyone else who entered find it difficult working with such a small point number? I found it difficult to balance abilities with how useful a 5-point character should be.
Old July 19th, 2007, 01:07 AM

Skeletor knows what's in an order marker Skeletor knows what's in an order marker Skeletor knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitestuff
Did anyone else who entered find it difficult working with such a small point number? I found it difficult to balance abilities with how useful a 5-point character should be.
Thats why I like the Zhothon guy so much his just a one skuller that just adds something fun to the game.
Old July 19th, 2007, 02:15 AM

Vlad the Impaler has disabled reputation
Necroblade, Pumpkin_King, I think you're both missing the point here. the point is not to have markers on them in order to use them, it is to distract your opponent.

let's say I do put an order marker on them, and the enemy kills them. I have not nescessarily lost a turn, I put the X marker on them. my opponent wasted time killing them, and I am now free to advance my more dangerous figures.

assuming I know what you were arguing about anyway...

alot of people say life is like a card game. well, I have news for them: in the card games, the bad hand does not yell back at you.
Old July 19th, 2007, 12:54 PM
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby!
Well, now that the poll is closed (I believe), I guess it is safe to reveal that the winning entry, Zhothon the Immortal, was my entry.

I thought I had a winner this time, but wow, I was not expecting such a big lead.

Old July 19th, 2007, 04:25 PM

hellerch has disabled reputation
thats a sweet guy firemaster. I entered the fortress, but made it too powerful. It was hard to do a 5 point hero.

I'm gonna Airborne Infantry your @$$!
Old July 19th, 2007, 04:48 PM

Bach has disabled reputation
I voted #8. I love that little metal guy!

Bach is Marcus... and has been paralyzed by the minions of Ne-gok-sa in the SIENNA CAVE...
Old July 19th, 2007, 08:20 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firemaster
Well, now that the poll is closed (I believe), I guess it is safe to reveal that the winning entry, Zhothon the Immortal, was my entry.

I thought I had a winner this time, but wow, I was not expecting such a big lead.
I have to say, Firemaster, that he is one of my favorites to come out of any of these contests. I loved the "quote" abilities. As I read them, I had this image of him ranting the lines from his abilities. If he was a few more points, he could have some extra stats, and be even better in my eyes.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards