Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old October 29th, 2016, 11:27 AM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Chase Stein (Playtesting Phase)

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Chase Stein (@140 points)

Army Test 1
Map: Swamp Lab (no glyphs or special rules)
Units: Chase Stein, Karolina Dean, Molly Hayes, Robot (660 points) VS Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Meggan (655 points)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 2
Units: Chase Stein, Karolina Dean, Molly Hayes, Robot (660 points) VS Nightwing, Speedy (Roy), Wonder Girl, Aqualad, Kid Flash, Spoiler (650 points)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 3
Units: Chase Stein, Karolina Dean, Molly Hayes, Robot (660 points) VS Catman, Scandal Savage, Ragdoll, Black Alice (660 points)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Chase fills the role of protector and secondary offense unit well. He’ll usually score a couple of good hits and absorb a couple turns of attacks. He plays great with Karolina and Molly if you can keep them together. Overall, though, he feels overcosted to me. Unlike most protector figures, his survivability is pretty low (even when backed by Karolina), making 140 a pretty steep cost to pay for a figure that won’t last long. I’d probably cut 20 or so points off him.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: Very thematic design, it captures Chase great. He fits with the faction nicely and is fun to play. I really look forward to the rest of the faction getting done and pulling these three together more. Definitely a from me.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old October 30th, 2016, 04:00 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Thanks! Looks like we're 3/3 on people enjoying the faction, which is what I like to hear.

I think bringing him down to 130 would be fair, but 120 seems a bit low - the Decoy effect never triggered, while their biggest downfalls were when Karolina went down quick. I think getting better figure grouping, and more figures to protect, will make the Decoy bit a much bigger part of his powerset.
Old October 30th, 2016, 05:27 PM

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Fair enough.

Old November 2nd, 2016, 09:19 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

And in from Lazy Orang! Note that Molly was played wrong in the first game, which is why she was so successful and did so much damage - LO apologizes but I don't think it really makes much of a difference for Chase's results.

Overall this reads to me as supporting Chase at 130-140 and I'd be comfortable moving forward with him at either number (knowing that we'll be getting more testing with the faction in the future). We'll see what Ronin's tests say, though, for the final verdict. Any other thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang
Name Of The Playtest Units: Chase Stein (plus Karolina Dean)

Army Test 1
Map: Grundy’s Grave (no glyphs)
Armies:
Chase Stein, Karolina Dean, Molly Hayes, Martian Manhunter vI, Lightspeed (790 Points)
vs.
2x Street Thugs, The Hood, Black Mask, Tombstone, Scorpion (790 points)

Spoiler Alert!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang
And here's the rest.

- Theme Test -
Chase Stein: Inconclusive -
I don’t know the character, though I have to say, having read him up on Wikipedia, Runaway Guardian represents his headstrong nature and his protectiveness very well. Don’t know where else to ask this, though, so theme/power implication question - should the second sentence of Runaway Guardian read ‘Figures engaged with Chase cannot attack Runaways you control' - or at least friendly ones. As currently written, in a three player or more game, Chase may be forced (it isn’t an option, mind you, he has to) protect an opponent’s Runaway from attacks from another opponent.
Karolina Dean: Inconclusive - I don't know the character, but having read her up on Wikipedia, I like how her low stats seem to represent her gentle nature and lack of confidence while her defence aura represents her compassion. She seems an interesting character.
- Mirror Test -
Chase Stein: Pass
Karolina Dean: Pass

- Bonding Test -
- Runaway synergies aren’t strong right now, but I imagine they’ll get better.
Karolina Dean: Pass - See Chase.

- Synergies Test -
- See above
Karolina Dean: Pass - See Chase.
- Power Check -
Chase Stein: Pass - He isn’t that strong, honestly - I could see him dropping to 130, but it’s hard to tell without seeing what he’d be like in a proper Runaway build.
Karolina Dean: Pass - Her aura is strong - she’s basically a mini Invisible Woman.
- Fun Test -

- Fun Competitive Test -

- Drafting Test -
- I’d probably draft him in a Runaway build, though I doubt he’d be of much use elsewhere (though honestly that may be partially due to the plethora of other figures in that price range - there’s not really much reason to pick him over one of the other unless he’s with other Runaways, but that’s probably no real problem).
Karolina Dean: Pass - I'm almost certain to take her in a Runaway build, and perhaps even outside that for a cheap defensive boost, though that may not be too cost effective - I could certainly see taking her and a Runaway or two in a greater Avengers or Martian Manhunter build, though.
- Usage Test -
- Full disclosure, I never test with glyphs on the map (one less variable to worry about) so X-Ray Vision was never going to get any use, but it should be a nice little bonus (and not really too much more) in a match-up where there are glyphs on the board - it’s a nice power to see re-used. Everything else was used.
Karolina Dean: Pass - Runaway Force Field was remarkably useful, and Sensory Assault was useful in the second game.
- Strategy Test -
- Getting him into position to protect other Runaways, choosing whether to do it when next to said Runaways for the attack boost or away from them for the better defence, his two different attack types.

Army Test 2

Map: Sirocco (no glyphs)
Armies;
Chase Stein, Karolina Dean, Molly Hayes, Jubilee (510 points)
vs.
Luke Cage, Tigra, Ken (510 points)
Spoiler Alert!

Thoughts On The Tested Units’ Cost, Balance, & Draftibility:

Chase Stein:
As always, I said most of what I have to say above - he’s good, could possibly use a small drop in points, but it’s nothing certain, necessary and probably best worked out when the Runaways have more synergy - he’s good.
Karolina Dean: I was going to query whether she should thematically be as passive as I suspected she would be, but she was hardly passive in test two, so I have no issues here - I like her, and I imagine she’ll be key to any Runaway build.

All in all, I’m rather excited about these Runaways - this looks like an interesting faction that’s developing. I would suggest (if it’s not presumptuous) that their leader (presumably Nico, based on Wikipedia) provide some form of full multi-turn potential rather than something weaker like movement or OM movement - these seem to be weak characters, if 180 point Molly is the strongest of them, so I imagine that they’ll really appreciate multi-turns to make them competitive (the existing ones would, certainly), plus it would alleviate any remaining concerns Karolina may be too passive, and make Molly passing out somewhat less crippling.
Old November 2nd, 2016, 09:38 PM

Seems like 130 would be a good spot for him.

Old November 7th, 2016, 09:21 AM

We ready to move forward here?

Old November 7th, 2016, 01:40 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

I was hoping Ronin would have his playtest in as he's still signed up. I'll see if he's started... if not then yeah I'd be happy with 130.
Old November 7th, 2016, 06:23 PM

Ah, I forgot Ronin was signed-up. All good then.

Old November 8th, 2016, 07:27 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Isn't this the guy who also drives their frog ship thing? Just thought he would make the most sense for a movement power. (Sorry, I'm so late in the process. I'm just seeing this thread for the first time.)

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old November 10th, 2016, 11:26 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Isn't this the guy who also drives their frog ship thing? Just thought he would make the most sense for a movement power. (Sorry, I'm so late in the process. I'm just seeing this thread for the first time.)
He does indeed drive the Leapfrog. If we didn't want to go with the X-Ray Vision power, a "drives vehicles good" power would probably make for good trinket text.

But honestly it's just not something that registered for me when drafting the writeups. I never felt like the Leapfrog was a major part of the Runaways as a team or as a book.
Old November 14th, 2016, 04:45 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

I completely forgot to actually PM Ronin but I did so, and he said he hadn't started yet, so I figure I'm happy with him at 130 and as such I PROPOSE WE MOVE TO FINAL EDITING!
Old November 14th, 2016, 05:27 PM

Re: The Book of Chase Stein (VOTE for Final Editing)

Yea

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library