Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old January 12th, 2012, 12:16 AM
Popsicle stick Admiral

Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Warning - pathfinder minis not sealed

Went to two game stores today that ha just recieved their shipments on the pathinder minis and they both commented that the individual boxes are not sealed.

A vendor could go through the whole blister and pick out the rares an leave the commons behind. So be advised where you buy them from if your not buying a sealed blister.
Both stores in orlando had an employee sealing the boosters with tape.
Old January 12th, 2012, 06:14 AM

Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Warning - pathfinder minis not sealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocktroll View Post
Went to two game stores today that ha just recieved their shipments on the pathinder minis and they both commented that the individual boxes are not sealed.

A vendor could go through the whole blister and pick out the rares an leave the commons behind. So be advised where you buy them from if your not buying a sealed blister.
Both stores in orlando had an employee sealing the boosters with tape.
They also have "slots" with certain items in them. I posted this in another thread but I'll re post here for the two "best" slots. As you look at the display in the back row there are 3 large boosters. The 2 on the left have the more common huge figs the 1 on the right has the very rare huge. It's 25% Frost Giant, 25% Manticore, 25% Chimera, 25% Cave spider thingy. Every one of these figures is selling for higher than retail. The other 2 boosters the remaining large figures are all selling at below retail (but above wholesale).

As for the normal boosters the "best" on (based on current values anyway) is the back row (just in from of the large boosters) 4th from the LEFT (fixed mistake I had said right but it's 4th from left). It contains 25% lich, 25% SUCCUBUS, 25% Vampire.

All slots have a correlation and breakdown of but these are the "big" two to go for (again, from the stand point of money value).

All this comes from aprox 60 cases busted and has had very little deviation though there has been some. Also all our initial shipment came from one "lot" so it's possible there are different lots where they are slotted differently though that's doubtful (remind me some time to tell you about a Star Wars feasgo we encountered once!)
As a side note, Piazo has said they spoke with Wizkids about this and that later cases had been taped shut and there shouldn't be more issues going forth.

........Andrew

i R da speling god
Auggie's Games
Follow us on Facebook Auggies Games Store and Twitter @auggiesgames

Last edited by Auggest; January 18th, 2012 at 01:03 PM.
Old January 12th, 2012, 10:44 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Interesting. Since you are one of the few places that open cases up you probably have more knowledge than most all FLGS and online stores, so unless they figure it out and either open the rares to sell open box or at leats switch boxes around in the display case, people can go there just to get rare figs. I would hope FLGS don't pocket rares and put all commons in the display case as that screws consumers.

Heroscape advantage though is custom makers can choose the most common (and therefore cheapest) figures to use.
Old January 12th, 2012, 02:19 PM
Popsicle stick Admiral

Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Thanks for the tip Auggie! Cant wait to back to a store and test that theory out!!
Old January 12th, 2012, 04:34 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Yeah, I wish I had a store near me that I could go and test that info out on, I don't know of anyplace close buy that has the pathfinder figures right now. The random part of it is what keeps me from buying (when I do see random blisters from other games), but I have one place I can check to see if they ordered any. I would like to get a Manicore and a 1 in 4 chance would be worth the gamble. I doubt they bought a case though.
Old January 12th, 2012, 10:02 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

I just received my case of Pathfinder Minis and I noticed the same thing that Auggie did. I do like that each Brick has no duplicates, so one full case gave me at least one of every sculpt.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old January 12th, 2012, 10:30 PM

Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby!

reminds me of when game stores used to open packs of MTG Beta and Unlimited, take out the goodies, sell those at a premium then sell the boosters at high prices. Happened here in Cleveland in 1993-1997 then the store got busted and closed down. I did manage to get SOME Moxes and Lotuses out of them though >

PM me about any custom scenery
Old January 13th, 2012, 08:42 AM

RobWeaver has disabled reputation

Back when there were limited menu choices for C-rations and MREs, thesame meal would be packaged in the same location in every case. Even if you opened the case upside down so that the names weren't visible, smart soldiers knew where the good meals were, leaving the slow to pick up, and they're platoon leader (i.e. "me") to eat the leftover junk. Time allowing, my platoon sergeant would switch the boxes around before issuing meals.

Not one step backwards!
Old January 13th, 2012, 10:33 AM

Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobWeaver View Post
Back when there were limited menu choices for C-rations and MREs, thesame meal would be packaged in the same location in every case. Even if you opened the case upside down so that the names weren't visible, smart soldiers knew where the good meals were, leaving the slow to pick up, and they're platoon leader (i.e. "me") to eat the leftover junk. Time allowing, my platoon sergeant would switch the boxes around before issuing meals.
LOL, great analogy!

i R da speling god
Auggie's Games
Follow us on Facebook Auggies Games Store and Twitter @auggiesgames
Old January 14th, 2012, 09:54 PM

oni is surprisingly tart

I just opened my brick (thanks Gamma Ray Games in Seattle) and here's my initial thoughts.

After buying D&D for years, I was surprised to find 1 mini per box (with the exception of the goblins). That means my price breakdown was about 4 per mini. A lot more than I expected to pay per mini.

Brick did not have any duplicates. A++

Mini's do look great. A++

My back slot right did have a Chimera.

Feed the newbs! Link to a common HS topic in your signature.
Storage ideas
What Should I get next?
Old January 15th, 2012, 01:39 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Hey Auggie, what slot are the Goblins found in? If I come across a store that sells these, it would be nice to know which ones I'm looking to buy.
Old January 16th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Popsicle stick Admiral

Auggie thanks!! Using your tip I got a medium cave spider but the booster 4th from right gave me a spider but next over (4th from left) a succubus.

Spot on! And they opened it up in front of me so it must have been one o the exceptions in packaging but still very happy with your advice

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion