Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Old November 21st, 2007, 09:24 PM

peterm has disabled reputation
Viva Pinata is great, and Lego Star Wars is even better. I've played that one through three times - it's a great game for you to play at the same time as one kid, or one spouse, or for the two kids to play together.
What kind of puppy did you get for $1300???
Old November 21st, 2007, 11:28 PM

dragonfire has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Browncoat
Thanks for the replies everyone, I really appreciate it.

That said, I guess it's my fault for not providing additional info in my original post. My kids have played the Wii. My Heroscape pal has one for his kids, and whenever we're over at his house playing some Heroscape, my kids will play the Wii. They don't like it that much. They told me it was for little kids, haha!

Also, the Xbox 360 will also be for dad.

If I'm shelling out the cash for this thing, I'm going to enjoy it as well. I'm already looking forward to some online gaming with Gears of War and Call of Duty 4.
Ok. Heres my honest opinion. Im not trying to be pushy. But quite simply. BUY THE WII! As was mentioned, there are like 3 games on the 360 that are for younger than 13. Now, I know you want games also. But the wii does have an impressive library for you also. Metroid Prime is way more sophisticated and advanced than Halo 3. Halo is runing and guning. But Metroid,while having awesome shoot outs, offers much more indept gameplay and is actually better for someone your age then even Halo. Legend Of Zelda is a very fun game. It is at the perfect point where your kids will love it, but so will you. There are also many M games such as Godfather, Resident evil, and scar face. Plus, the wii is a lot cheeper and comes with a free game , wii sports.

My Signature
Old November 22nd, 2007, 06:53 AM

Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker
The Wii is for kids, depending on what game you get. Brothers in Arms for Wii is coming out, that's M and a TPS. Smash Bros. which is just a blast and is not that kiddish' being T probably. Resident Evil got an awesome rating.

Then for kids, they will just love the motion controls. My cousins are around that age and they just love swinging it to throw a baseball. For them there's Mario Galaxy, which go the best rating of like almost any game(better than Halo's). There are many kids games that are also fun for adults like Wii sports, Wii play.

The great thing about the Wii is that it's at least $50 less and comes with a game. With that extra $50 you can buy another game... then there's old games you can buy to get back to your favorite game when you were a kid. I love the Wii because there is also a way to chat to your friends you also have a Wii(once you get the internet to work), you can make Miis and get them in a contest, can get internet and now there's a keyboard making typing easier, there's also a place where you can view photos from you SD card, putting them in a slide, drawing on them. It's great, Wii all the way! Never a PS3...

See Valhalla like never before:
Airborne Elite in the
BYZANTINE CAVE...
Old November 22nd, 2007, 02:37 PM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaknight
I'm like, 13 and my parents won't let me play it! However they don't know I do anyways...
Why do children think its funny to come here and brag about doing things their parents explicitly say not to do?

I hope your dad catches you. I hope when he does catch you, he decides to beat you with his belt and then lock you in your room. If I knew your dad's email, I would rat you out in a New York minute.
Old November 22nd, 2007, 02:47 PM

Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityMax
Quote:
I'm like, 13 and my parents won't let me play it! However they don't know I do anyways...
Why do children think its funny to come here and brag about doing things their parents explicitly say not to do?

I hope your dad catches you. I hope when he does catch you, he decides to beat you with his belt and then lock you in your room. If I knew your dad's email, I would rat you out in a New York minute.
That's not bragging! That's complaining! I'm the only one in my entire school who's not aloud to play Halo or any other M games! Then my friends laugh at me for not having Halo and say I'm shunned from society! The only time I ever get to play is when I go over my friend house, which isn't that often anymore. And it's not my dad, it's my mom! My dads fine with it. I didn't mean to sound like bragging, honest! Not at all...

I'm more of a complainer than a bragger! I wouldn't really like being called a complainer either though...

Airborne Elite in the
BYZANTINE CAVE...
Old November 22nd, 2007, 11:13 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityMax
Quote:

That's not bragging! That's complaining! I'm the only one in my entire school who's not aloud to play Halo or any other M games! Then my friends laugh at me for not having Halo and say I'm shunned from society! The only time I ever get to play is when I go over my friend house, which isn't that often anymore. And it's not my dad, it's my mom! My dads fine with it. I didn't mean to sound like bragging, honest! Not at all...

I'm more of a complainer than a bragger! I wouldn't really like being called a complainer either though...
I wouldn't try to be either. Usually, as a kid, if your'e getting away with something minor like this, it's best not to say anything at all. Just let it go. I agree with Imax....I'd rat you out due to the braggery/complainery. Whereas if I'd actually seen you playing it in person I might look the other way.

Anywho....speaking of kid's games.

Viva Pinata. My cousion brought this over today. She got it as a very early Christmas present from a relative she won't see at Christmas. She fired it up on my 360, played by herself for a while, then got terrifically frustrated because her Pinatas kept fighting each other for no apparent reason. There wasn't even a logic of who fights who. I tried to help but having barely played the game myself didn't know what to do. Is there a way to stop Pinatas from fighting or do they just all have to be kept in fenced-off pens? My cousin didn't even mind the Pinatas eating each other...she just hated having them fight. At least when they ate each other there was some benefit...when they fight all she's left with is a vet bill or a dead pinata.

On the plus side, I actually got quite into the game while trying to help solve the fighting Pinata issue. I'm going to play a lot more of this one, despite the kiddy exterior there's a lot of game there. The things that bothered me (besides fighting Pinatas) were the reptitivness of certain tasks. Bashing Sour Pinatas to death with a shovel gets old after the first time. Thankfully I found you can buy scarecrow-like devices to block them, but they are very pricey. Not being able to select large areas of terrain or groups of Pinatas at once is also a bit awkward. It also would have been nice to have a little more automation...something even my 10 year old cousin clamored for....there's no reason to make the player go through the romance mini-game EVERY time two Pinatas get it on. Nor should said getting it on have to be initiated by the player every time...Pinta nature should run its course a bit more. Also, the ability to put the Vet on retainer would be nice so that he just pops over automatically every time an animal gets hurt....calling him each time is very tedious.

All in all though, a very solid game that I think kids or more hardcore types can enjoy. There are issues, but they are largely forgivable. If I do end up spending a lot of time with this game I bet they will become more annoying....or maybe new tools will come along to help me deal with them. I'll sneak a few turns in later tonight and find out.
Old November 23rd, 2007, 01:05 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
The Wii is for kids, depending on what game you get. Brothers in Arms for Wii is coming out, that's M and a TPS. Smash Bros. which is just a blast and is not that kiddish' being T probably. Resident Evil got an awesome rating.

Then for kids, they will just love the motion controls. My cousins are around that age and they just love swinging it to throw a baseball. For them there's Mario Galaxy, which go the best rating of like almost any game(better than Halo's). There are many kids games that are also fun for adults like Wii sports, Wii play.

The great thing about the Wii is that it's at least $50 less and comes with a game. With that extra $50 you can buy another game... then there's old games you can buy to get back to your favorite game when you were a kid. I love the Wii because there is also a way to chat to your friends you also have a Wii(once you get the internet to work), you can make Miis and get them in a contest, can get internet and now there's a keyboard making typing easier, there's also a place where you can view photos from you SD card, putting them in a slide, drawing on them. It's great, Wii all the way! Never a PS3...
Yah, but the guy already gave us his reasons for wanting a 360, and here you are still pimping the Wii! I know that if I had a choice, I would take the 360 any freakin' day. I'd be totally disappointed if I somehow got talked into buying a Wii with it's dildo controller, when I really wanted a 360. Fire up COD4 on the big screen in HD with surround, and rock out to a total immersive and decidedly mature, bloody, visceral, audio/visual extravaganza while the kids are in bed! Build a freakin pinata pet while they're awake.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old November 23rd, 2007, 02:54 AM
The Orc Master

Browncoat is surprisingly tart
Thanks again for the input guys, but as Grungebob said...please don't try to sell me on the Wii, it's not gonna happen. Ever.

While I can appreciate what Nintendo is trying to do with the Wii, if my kids wanted to play baseball, we'd go outside and play. Not sit in front of the tv swinging a pretend bat. I'm from the video game generation, and I've kept up to date on consoles through the years. The 360 is the most logical step in the progression, as I see it, the Wii would be taking a step back. I've had:

- Atari (Pong. A dot and two bars...now THAT was a game!)
- IntelliVision (Who remembers this one?)
- Nintendo (TWO buttons!)
- Sega (Mortal Kombat for the win!)
- Playstation (Good grief, the amount of time I wasted)
- Playstation 2 (Aren't I too old for video games by now?)
- Xbox (Held out on this one, Microsoft sucks)
- Xbox 360 (Yeah, Microsoft still sucks)
Old November 23rd, 2007, 07:10 AM

Sorry. I won't help the Wii. On that note there are also some cool racing games that aren't necessarily for kids but is appropriate and they would probably like, for the 360.

Airborne Elite in the
BYZANTINE CAVE...
Old November 23rd, 2007, 10:22 AM

peterm has disabled reputation
Yeah there are certain types that will fight with each other, and you can't really do anything about it except not have one type in your garden. Did you know you can make additional gardens, and carry over all your money, etc. while you work on it? That way you can build like a water garden, a garden for foxes, a garden for ducks, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb231

Viva Pinata. My cousion brought this over today. She got it as a very early Christmas present from a relative she won't see at Christmas. She fired it up on my 360, played by herself for a while, then got terrifically frustrated because her Pinatas kept fighting each other for no apparent reason. There wasn't even a logic of who fights who. I tried to help but having barely played the game myself didn't know what to do. Is there a way to stop Pinatas from fighting or do they just all have to be kept in fenced-off pens? My cousin didn't even mind the Pinatas eating each other...she just hated having them fight. At least when they ate each other there was some benefit...when they fight all she's left with is a vet bill or a dead pinata.

On the plus side, I actually got quite into the game while trying to help solve the fighting Pinata issue. I'm going to play a lot more of this one, despite the kiddy exterior there's a lot of game there. The things that bothered me (besides fighting Pinatas) were the reptitivness of certain tasks. Bashing Sour Pinatas to death with a shovel gets old after the first time. Thankfully I found you can buy scarecrow-like devices to block them, but they are very pricey. Not being able to select large areas of terrain or groups of Pinatas at once is also a bit awkward. It also would have been nice to have a little more automation...something even my 10 year old cousin clamored for....there's no reason to make the player go through the romance mini-game EVERY time two Pinatas get it on. Nor should said getting it on have to be initiated by the player every time...Pinta nature should run its course a bit more. Also, the ability to put the Vet on retainer would be nice so that he just pops over automatically every time an animal gets hurt....calling him each time is very tedious.

All in all though, a very solid game that I think kids or more hardcore types can enjoy. There are issues, but they are largely forgivable. If I do end up spending a lot of time with this game I bet they will become more annoying....or maybe new tools will come along to help me deal with them. I'll sneak a few turns in later tonight and find out.
Old November 24th, 2007, 01:08 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterm
Yeah there are certain types that will fight with each other, and you can't really do anything about it except not have one type in your garden. Did you know you can make additional gardens, and carry over all your money, etc. while you work on it? That way you can build like a water garden, a garden for foxes, a garden for ducks, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb231

I didi not know that....can I move animals from one garden to the other?
Old November 24th, 2007, 01:13 PM

dragonfire has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Browncoat
Thanks again for the input guys, but as Grungebob said...please don't try to sell me on the Wii, it's not gonna happen. Ever.

While I can appreciate what Nintendo is trying to do with the Wii, if my kids wanted to play baseball, we'd go outside and play. Not sit in front of the tv swinging a pretend bat. I'm from the video game generation, and I've kept up to date on consoles through the years. The 360 is the most logical step in the progression, as I see it, the Wii would be taking a step back. I've had:

- Atari (Pong. A dot and two bars...now THAT was a game!)
- IntelliVision (Who remembers this one?)
- Nintendo (TWO buttons!)
- Sega (Mortal Kombat for the win!)
- Playstation (Good grief, the amount of time I wasted)
- Playstation 2 (Aren't I too old for video games by now?)
- Xbox (Held out on this one, Microsoft sucks)
- Xbox 360 (Yeah, Microsoft still sucks)
But notice something? Between the two Xboxs, whats changed? Graphics only. The wii is the trew Progression. If you care so much about Graphics, watch a movie. And you make it seem like you actually thing Wii sports is the only game. It has more games then the PS3 and proportionally more than 360.

My Signature

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games