Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old October 17th, 2010, 05:48 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

How very interesting that this most basic "basic" rule comes up for definition. It's a bit like someone suddenly saying, "When you say, move a pawn, what do you mean by 'move'?" I find the deconstruction need for definition simply fascinating.
Old October 17th, 2010, 09:05 PM

Paladin573 Woo who?

Is there rules or something for doing 2 players vs 1?

We did the 2 had 500 each and the 1 had a 1000.

We were not sure how to do the order markers and such.

Thanks

Blah blah, blah blah blah. Blah blah "blah", blah blah. Blah- blah, blah, blah. Blah blah blah blah.
Old October 17th, 2010, 09:06 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin573 View Post

Thanks
Any "rules" for that situation would be covered by the scenario itself. There aren't any official rulebook rules for that sort of game.

Old October 17th, 2010, 09:11 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by chardar
The CHCG24.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddyscaper
Nothing wrong with kicking a rich man's rear end when he has it coming to him.
*chuckle* You never know which are the things that people will read... Chardar, if you're quoting me in your signature block then I worry about you.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 17th, 2010, 09:18 PM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin573 View Post

Thanks
You play the same way as 1v1. Roll for initiative, play goes to the left. Use your markers the same as any game.

Guess I'm getting back into Scape
Old October 18th, 2010, 12:05 AM

DrummerScaper97 knows what's in an order marker DrummerScaper97 knows what's in an order marker DrummerScaper97 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Moltenclaw might look like just a short range Mimring at first.
Originally posted by Truth
I don't know if there was a mistake or if I'm just reading the card wrong, but can't Moltenclaw's "fire breath attack" go the same range as Mimring's "fire breath attack" since you can target a figure within 4 and then go 4 in a straight line from that?

Oh boy - grease up those hexagons!
Old October 18th, 2010, 12:09 AM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerScaper97 View Post
Quote:
I don't know if there was a mistake or if I'm just reading the card wrong, but can't Moltenclaw's "fire breath attack" go the same range as Mimring's "fire breath attack" since you can target a figure within 4 and then go 4 in a straight line from that?
Correct. But remember Mimring's fireline is a straight line of 8 spaces from him while Molten Claws line doesn't start until the targeted figure.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Old October 18th, 2010, 03:07 PM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Out of curiosity, when building maps that 'scapers make (or anyone for that matter) do you check tree heights?
(I know your susposed to, but just wondering if anyone actullay does.)

Mimring>Krug. 'Nuff said.
Old October 18th, 2010, 03:08 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow Grut View Post
Out of curiosity, when building maps that 'scapers make (or anyone for that matter) do you check tree heights?
I used to but now I don't. I probably would for a tourney, but that's it.

I bet more than a few here do check; 'Scapers are often collectors and collectors are often OCD flavored.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 18th, 2010, 03:13 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubobj View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerScaper97 View Post
Quote:
Correct. But remember Mimring's fireline is a straight line of 8 spaces from him while Molten Claws line doesn't start until the targeted figure.
And the coolest thing is that the straight line from the target can be in any direction. So Moltenclaw can attack around corners.

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old October 18th, 2010, 03:17 PM

Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow Grut View Post
For me, it depends on the map. If the trees are close together and/or blocking important points, (A La Paved Paradise) I check the height. If the trees are far apart, I ignore the height.

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...
Old October 18th, 2010, 03:23 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgames View Post
And the coolest thing is that the straight line from the target can be in any direction. So Moltenclaw can attack around corners.
I think of a corner as being something that is obstructing view, like a ruin.

The Blue Wyrmling can attack around a corner because he only needs LOS to the first target.

MoltenClaw has to be able to see the units for them to be affected by the attack; it says so right on the card.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; October 18th, 2010 at 03:37 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's