Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 23rd, 2017, 04:12 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Designs needing a boost (Listing phase)

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
Honestly, I think trying to rewrite history on this scale is a bad idea. Broken designs need re-eval yes, but most of these could be fixed simply by keeping them in mind when designing new units. Personally, I think it would be more worth while to develop some sort of 'Designs needing a boost' and 'Designs to keep in mind (for future brokenness)' thread to sort of massage these designs back into form with future waves. Basically, add in a bit of a unified direction game design wise, which is something the C3G has always seemed to lack a bit.
I'd love to see someone start up those threads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
Honestly, I think trying to rewrite history on this scale is a bad idea. Broken designs need re-eval yes, but most of these could be fixed simply by keeping them in mind when designing new units. Personally, I think it would be more worth while to develop some sort of 'Designs needing a boost' and 'Designs to keep in mind (for future brokenness)' thread to sort of massage these designs back into form with future waves. Basically, add in a bit of a unified direction game design wise, which is something the C3G has always seemed to lack a bit.
I like that idea. I've been thinking a little bit in those terms lately. Mainly on ways to lift up some of the lower-tier units. Particularly some of the basement-tier Crime Lords and also Helmut Zemo (who isn't quite as bad off as them, but it'd be nice if I felt like I could play him somewhere other than the ironic Cap build).
Since no one decided to take up the call I figured I might as well make my self useful.

Step 1 would be to come up with a list of units that under perform or could use a boost and the reason why.

Step 2 would be to discuss possible strategies

Not really looking for future powers and their wording just ideas.

For instance...

Figure: Judge Dredd
Weakness: Very niche and priced high based on criminal tie-ins which makes him not as useful in general builds
Strategy: develop a synergy web to give him an army build
Option: [list][*]Uncommon rookie judges can turn opponents figures into criminals[*]Future Judges provide a synergy/bonding (Judge Hersey, Anderson)

Just used Dredd as he's been discussed recently.

It's perfectly acceptable to admit that you think the current card is not salvageable...in which the entry would look something like this...

Figure: Penguin
Weakness: Not Useful
Strategy: Create a new version

However not acceptable is the following...

Penguin
He Sucks
You guys suck for creating him

One last thing...this doesn't have to be limited to individual figures. You could say Crime Lords need a boost or something like that.

You also don't need to have a solution to list a figure needs help. If you just don't think a figures is performing well but can't decide why don't let that be a reason to not post the figure... Shall we begin...

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy