Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Old October 22nd, 2012, 02:24 PM

Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Maps of HeroSkype

Maybe we should make a generic Googlescape Google account and put all the templates into it for people to copy from? Give the password to a few people who can add new maps and edit the old ones as the technostyleagy chages?
Old October 22nd, 2012, 02:28 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedim Kabal View Post
Maybe we should make a generic Googlescape Google account and put all the templates into it for people to copy from? Give the password to a few people who can add new maps and edit the old ones as the technostyleagy chages?
Not sure that your exact suggestion makes sense, but I think something like that should be done.

Then again, that seems to be what this thread is for.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 24th, 2012, 06:17 AM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedim Kabal View Post
Not sure that your exact suggestion makes sense, but I think something like that should be done.

Then again, that seems to be what this thread is for.
Intriguing idea, S_K. As Caps says, this thread here could serve that function indirectly: though intended to post/list map images, it could also post links to individual complete GoogleDoc boards too. But long-term, I think there's a lot to be said for what you suggest: making a new Google account which will hold all the GoogleDoc boards. That way anybody who wants to play a game can just browse them all at one go, and make a personal copy of whichever suits his fancy.

In addition, I figure whoever creates a given board would always maintain permission to edit it after it had been added to the collection. So the board creator could always tweak it further, whenever he wanted, without needing to request that it be reposted after every little change.
Old October 24th, 2012, 06:46 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

The heroskype links are in the picture.

Elevated Swamp - 10/23/12
Requires: 1 SotM, 1 MtCB, 1 FotA

(.pdf has a typo of Wamps, will fix that ASAP)

The Hotway or the Highway - 10/23/12
Requires: 1 BftU, 2 VW, 1 FotA
Old October 24th, 2012, 10:29 AM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Could the name of this thread by changed to Online Heroscape Maps, please? We're trying to stamp out Heroskype.

@Typhon: an account is not a good idea, though linking to templates from here is. Anyone who wanted to could simply create a folder in Google Drive and put all of the templates in it.

Also, I must ask that templates contain nothing but the top-down, a normal text box that says "Wounds," and a reference image. Some may like all of that flashy stuff, but it's annoying to have to delete it all for those of us who care more about being able to view the whole map at a decent size than extra colors.

Old October 24th, 2012, 10:50 AM

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeunleashed View Post
@Typhon: an account is not a good idea, though linking to templates from here is. Anyone who wanted to could simply create a folder in Google Drive and put all of the templates in it.
I've been working/experimenting with exactly that all day: putting all the templates we have so far in appropriate subfolders in a single folder in a Google Drive, so anybody will be able to view, browse, and copy loaded boards in one central place. I'll post the thread soon.

Quote:
Also, I must ask that templates contain nothing but the top-down, a normal text box that says "Wounds," and a reference image. Some may like all of that flashy stuff, but it's annoying to have to delete it all for those of us who care more about being able to view the whole map at a decent size than extra colors.
For every person annoyed at having to delete some casualties boxes so he has more space for extending the map image, there's going to be another player who likes having designated areas in which to store dead figures and is glad when he doesn't have to add them himself. And why do we have to choose? Seems to me there's room for differing preferences here, because our central Google Drive repository of templates can easily accommodate a few different templates/boards for any given map, catering to both prefs.

Last edited by Typhon2222; October 24th, 2012 at 10:55 AM.
Old October 24th, 2012, 10:54 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I'm actually pretty clueless about why the casualty boxes are necessary. I'd definitely prefer templates without them.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 24th, 2012, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
I'm actually pretty clueless about why the casualty boxes are necessary. I'd definitely prefer templates without them.
And you can easily create your own templates without them, good sir. Especially if somebody has already created one with them. Just delete the boxes, and stretch the map image into the now-empty space. Bam, done.
Old October 24th, 2012, 11:53 AM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
]For every person annoyed at having to delete some casualties boxes so he has more space for extending the map image, there's going to be another player who likes having designated areas in which to store dead figures and is glad when he doesn't have to add them himself. And why do we have to choose? Seems to me there's room for differing preferences here, because our central Google Drive repository of templates can easily accommodate a few different templates/boards for any given map, catering to both prefs.
All right, that's reasonable. Carry on, though I would like to see someone besides you that supports the boxes...

Old October 24th, 2012, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
]For every person annoyed at having to delete some casualties boxes so he has more space for extending the map image, there's going to be another player who likes having designated areas in which to store dead figures and is glad when he doesn't have to add them himself. And why do we have to choose? Seems to me there's room for differing preferences here, because our central Google Drive repository of templates can easily accommodate a few different templates/boards for any given map, catering to both prefs.
All right, that's reasonable. Carry on, though I would like to see someone besides you that supports the boxes...

Folks, The Boards of Online Heroscape are now up! Come give us your boards.

And Caps, AU... we'll be expecting to see some boxless boards from you over there soon. Hurry up!
Old October 24th, 2012, 03:18 PM

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

I support boxes. I hated setting those things up my first game, and B_C actually did it for me as I was very confused. This helps people who are newbs to Heroskype not be opposed to it.

I like the name "heroskype". Yeah it's not played on skype, but is played online and is a cool pun.
Old October 24th, 2012, 03:19 PM

I support boxes. I hated setting those things up my first game, and B_C actually did it for me as I was very confused. This helps people who are newbs to Heroskype not be opposed to it.

I like the name "heroskype". Yeah it's not played on skype, but is played online and is a cool pun.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events