Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old August 23rd, 2018, 09:32 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

After playing 10 Core Games of Big Trouble In Little China, we finally tried out the Legacy of Lo Pan Campaign, the two session First Expansion available so far only to those who Preordered the special Gold Box Edition. Three of us won after 6 1/2 hours of play! We took no long breaks, because one player had a time limit, which we barely met. The text rich new campaign book provided was as enjoyable and thematic as the Core Game book.

Since we finished before dinner, we then took a break--one person had to leave, two more came--and we played a regular three hour core game. It was a great time as usual, during our first multiplayer game without either of the two main heroes Jack and Wang! We lost at the end due to the WORST DIE ROLLS I've ever seen in Big Trouble history here in Brooklyn!!! We did manage to kill the evil Lo Pan in his ghost form, but then lost due to character deaths (that'll do it) before we could get upstairs to confront his flesh incarnation.
Old August 23rd, 2018, 10:13 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Last weekend held games of Scythe: The Rise of Fenris, Jaipur, The Lord of the Rings: LCG, Mansions of Madness, and Terraforming Mars. Lots of fantastic hits in a lot of categories for me.

For anyone curious about how the Scythe campaign plays, I've been loving it so far. We have 6 players (out of a possible 7) and each of the four games we've played has felt completely distinct. A different player has won each of the games. There is no cumulative score between games, so a runaway leader problem isn't really in the realm of possibility. Instead, everyone gets to use their end game scores to purchase slight modifications to their playstyle for upcoming games. This does give a minor edge to those who end with a higher score, but the campaign book is really good about giving everybody freebies and making sure everything is as even as possible. I cannot wait for the other four games.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old August 29th, 2018, 01:45 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

For those that have played root, Do you think it's a worthwhile purchase if only played With 3 players? Don't want to waste the money if people dont think so.

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old August 30th, 2018, 10:15 AM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Played 7 Wonders: Duel and Agricola: All Creatures Big and Small.
I really liked Duel, and am impressed with how well the 2-player version of it works. I somehow won, but in many ways only due to some luck. My opponent was two sciences away from winning entering age 3, but only 3 science cards appeared in the 3rd age, and I was able to grab two unique symbols, securing a standard point victory.

Agricola's 2-player small-box version I also found quite solid. It plays faster and has fewer things to keep track of than the full game (such as feeding family/animals and raising kids), but still has some depth to it. I think I preferred 7 Wonders Duel, however.

Finally, someone brought in the HUGE kickstarter edition of Ogre, so gave that a try as the Ogre against an army on the default board. The dice gods were on my side. This seem like a solid wargame engine, simpler than warhammer, and whether minis or those cardboard slot-together things, it felt pretty good to try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old September 4th, 2018, 02:02 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Glad you had a happy birthday weekend, Spidey!

How was the final Sentinels expansion? I preordered relatively soon after the Kickstarter ended, so I've been waiting a while and will still have a while to wait.
Not sure where to begin. Oblivaeon is to Sentinels what Event Heroes were to C3G. We haven't even tackled him yet. Only seasoned heroes should take him on. Hero alternates were/are super cool!

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old September 4th, 2018, 07:03 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Lots of SciFi action around here lately:

We played Alien Frontiers twice now with The Outer Belt expansion. Everybody loves it. I'm backing the Kickstarter for its other large expansion, the new Factions Definitive Edition, which offers 13 old and 1 brand new Faction. It will be out next year. The new faction will available separately, as will the new consolidated factions rulebook.

My pal George K. (BGGs GWEK) was over to play a 3 Player Firefly The Game. He brought me copies of his new expansion module that includes characters from the films Rogue One and Solo, and the ship is The Milennium Falcon! This is the most obvious character crossover with Firefly ever, since smuggler Han fits right in. You can play it with either Han or Londo as its captain. This and all of George's other custom stuff is available on the BGG forum. Good games never die! As we Heroscapers know...

Going over rules and building a force for our first play of Silent Death (I.C.E.) tomorrow. With 24 different fighters/gunboats to choose from, that's a lot of data to absorb! Kolakoski has now also discovered the game, and that all of its many expansions since are available online! So I got my second hand New Milennium Deluxe Edition, but there is still more; lots more. This is an old tactical star fighter game that we'd never even heard of (and hey, we're old guys). He's going to teach and run a game for us in two weeks, but tomorrow will be our first time 'dry run' with a number of different ships!

The old Iron Crown Enterprises did a really developed support of the game: the rules book has a 46 page backstory before the rules, and is 168 pages long, although the rules themselves are short and quite playable. Relatively obscure old games tend not to have much coverage on BGG, but here's a rare 8 minute video on it by Rob Oren of Dice Tower:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/video/...n/silent-death

Some people are working on new Third Edition rules, but who knows if and when they will be published.
Old September 4th, 2018, 08:18 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Interesting. We used to play a little of the I.C.E. roleplaying game but you had to know trigonometry to use the rules.
Was surprised when I see they had new product at Gen Con.
Old September 4th, 2018, 03:29 PM

Oh? What was it?
Old September 4th, 2018, 03:37 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Glad you had a happy birthday weekend, Spidey!

How was the final Sentinels expansion? I preordered relatively soon after the Kickstarter ended, so I've been waiting a while and will still have a while to wait.
Not sure where to begin. Oblivaeon is to Sentinels what Event Heroes were to C3G. We haven't even tackled him yet. Only seasoned heroes should take him on. Hero alternates were/are super cool!
I look forward to it.

From what I've seen in previews, you can keep running different Heroes at Oblivaeon after the first ones fall, and use incap powers during your turn, which sounds exciting. I'm thinking a good strategy will be to start our with base Tempest and abuse his immunity to one type of damage incap ability.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 4th, 2018, 03:54 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Oh? What was it?
I do not remember exactly but I want to say it was RPG related or it would not have grabbed my attention.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old September 5th, 2018, 12:11 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

We have been playing Everdell heavily over the last couple of weeks. I have taught it to probably 10 people and all have absolutely loved it and have wanted to play again immediately. If you get a chance to play, try it out. Sprinkled a few games of Century Spice Road in between. It reminds me of Splendor, but for some reason I like this a little more.
Old September 6th, 2018, 10:05 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
We have been playing Everdell heavily over the last couple of weeks. I have taught it to probably 10 people and all have absolutely loved it and have wanted to play again immediately. If you get a chance to play, try it out. Sprinkled a few games of Century Spice Road in between. It reminds me of Splendor, but for some reason I like this a little more.
I prefer Century to Splendor, too, though I only have last year's Golem edition. I get the comparison to Splendor. They aren't interchangeable in my collection, but they're pretty close.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games