Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Dungeons & Dragons Customs
Dungeons & Dragons Customs Hey the title says it all

Old December 17th, 2009, 01:01 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth
Future D&D Squad Options

Owlbears

Salamander

Skeletons

Centaur

Warforged

Yuan-ti

Kyrie

Dragon Born

Duergar

Kruthik

Teifling

Bugs:

Mummy

Gnoll

spider

Samurai

Monk

More Kyrie

Other Skeletons

Sahuagin

MinoTaur

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs

Last edited by wriggz; December 22nd, 2009 at 03:45 PM.
Old December 18th, 2009, 12:13 PM

Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Custom Squad Ideas

Pretty cool. I like the dragon-born.

"People of Gotham! Take control.... take control of your city! THIS.... this is the instrument, of your liberation...."
Old December 20th, 2009, 01:48 AM

Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I bet we will see that last mummy scuplt again and maybe one of the minotaurs too.
Old December 21st, 2009, 09:50 PM

Takanuva has disabled reputation

Do you want people to post ideas for you or others, or are you just showing these, because the title is not really clear, though the pictures are awesome
Old December 22nd, 2009, 03:27 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

The idea was to give people an idea of the kinds of squads that we might likely see in the future.

Most of the D&D hate has been about the lack of squad options, I wanted a way to show that this is a falacy.

Pirates?

Wizards

Heavy Knights

Dark Knights

Blade Knights

Wraths

Archers

"English" Archers

Dwarves

Earth Elemental

Wolves

Harpey

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs

Last edited by wriggz; December 22nd, 2009 at 09:43 PM.
Old December 22nd, 2009, 04:02 PM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Future D&D Squad Options

Nice one Wriggz, I like the Kruthiks myself. Your second spider is actually a Madd slasherand not a spider at all. It's only got six legs.
Old January 5th, 2010, 10:53 PM

Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker

Thanks for the list. One question: is the last dwarf King Bruenor? He's wearing the helm and it looks like he has the foaming mug engraved on his shield. His hair's not red though so I'm not sure.

EDIT:

Desert of Desolation #10 Epic Bruenor Battlehammer
This rare Epic Bruenor Battlehammer miniature from the Desert of Desolation dungeons and dragons miniatures set is in its original bag with the character cards. It is mini 10 of 60.
PRICE: $10.00

Yep it's him. I hope we see him in the coming booster

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand, lead him to a quiet place and kill him."
— Mark Twain
Old January 6th, 2010, 11:01 PM

Odin_Osgard knows what's in an order marker Odin_Osgard knows what's in an order marker

I could deal with a squad of Thri-Keen however, the Ice Devils would not make a good squad... They are more commanders.... plus they aren't really big bugs.... just saying....

Dund is just tricky, that's all.
Old January 6th, 2010, 11:08 PM

White Noise knows what's in an order marker White Noise knows what's in an order marker White Noise knows what's in an order marker

You know, the rightmost figure in the second Kyrie group looks familiar... so do the Yuan-ti...

Might I be the first to add: OMG PIRITZ!!1

EDIT: You know, this thread could use some descriptions on some of the figure groups for the uninitiated. I've never played D&D, so I've honestly got no clue what a Tiefling or a Sahuagin is (although I assume that they're some sort of half-demon, half-man things and a weird sentient species of fish, respectively).

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
No matter your feelings towards D&D, it has divided us.
Something tells me that the cancellation, though tragic, may indeed mend that divide...

Last edited by White Noise; January 6th, 2010 at 11:16 PM.
Old January 6th, 2010, 11:34 PM

ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby!

This is a cool list, and there ae plenty of options here, but the problem isn't that are are no squad options with DnD. I believe th reservations that myself and others have had are the sculpts themselves.

A lot of the sculpts are prety good ad wouldwork well togeter, but many of the best sculpts are expensive and/or rare. The chances that WotC would cheapen the units by making them available in HeroScape aren't the best. Another one of the problems with units is that they may be the same type of thing, like the Mummies, but the sculpts look totally different, and many DnD minis sculpts just look bad, especially he cheap ones. Finding a squad that is cheap, that all look good, and all look alike is going to be tough. I think a squad composed of the three figures in the Other Skeletons section would be th epitome of what all of us fear is going to come down the pipe. That would be awful.

However, I think the developers foresaw this problem, and that's why the Uncommon Hero class was made. For instance, the last of the mummies looks pretty cool. The other two look pretty.... not cool, IMO. The third mumm would becool as an uncommon, but I'd hate a squad of all three.

That' just my impression of things. The DnD hate isnt necessarily hate, either. I was extremely critical in the beginning, and am still wary. I'll be honst, I don't like the majority of DnD figures, or the DnD-based plot, but the developers are doing cool things with it. We just have to take it as it comes. I'd rather see many Uncommon Heroes, and few DnD squads. But that's just me.

Proto's Custom Maps and Units!
Old January 7th, 2010, 12:04 PM

Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker

Tieflings are a race of humanoids whose ancestors made a deal with devils. (Thus the horns, tails, and general creepiness) They are one of the playable races in 4e.

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand, lead him to a quiet place and kill him."
— Mark Twain
Old January 7th, 2010, 12:29 PM

Syvaris knows what's in an order marker Syvaris knows what's in an order marker

One of those tieflings is a war devil.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Dungeons & Dragons Customs