Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old January 6th, 2013, 01:53 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Amazing custom paint jobs from Rosencrantz

Hey all,

So, for National Heroscape Day, each of us brought a prize. Instead of bringing a physical object, Rosencrantz offered his services as a miniature painter as a prize. I decided to skip over the castle set and take this as my prize.

I gave him the wolves from the Rackham Confrontation Wolfen box to work on. These are going to be C3V figures in an upcoming release. For those who have this box, you know that these figures have an ultra-minimal paint job - much of the figures still have the original plastic exposed and almost no details are given paint. The sculpts are great, but the detail is lost without paint.

I told Troy that all I wanted was really basic jobs - just at the level of your typical Heroscape squad figure. Well, instead, he decided to give them showcase-level paint jobs. I've got pictures below, but truly, they don't do justice to how amazing these paint jobs are.

Here's the four-figure squad of Wolves. Note the subtle color differences between the clothing and the hair, the way the dark wash brings out the fine details... just amazing:
Spoiler Alert!

Here's the 3-figure squad that uses similar sculpts (I love the glint in their eyes):
Spoiler Alert!

Here's the big dual-blade wielding squad. He really captured the ferocity of the figures with this paint job.
Spoiler Alert!

Here's the first hero. Note how he darkened the inside of the scabbard to create the illusion of hollowness, and gave the gold detail to the pommel and guard of the sword.
Spoiler Alert!

Finally, the big hero. Unfortunately my picture lost a little of the detail on his front, but really, this one is the most amazing of all.
Spoiler Alert!

If you are looking for a great custom paint job, seriously, drop Rosencrantz a line! Thanks man! This was leagues beyond my expectations.
Old January 6th, 2013, 05:56 AM

1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Amazing custom paint jobs from Rosencrantz

Thanks for posting the pictures and for the specific thread topic. I have been contemplating if I am going to paint the three squads, and the blue haired hero, that have the least painted on details. I can deal with the Hunters, and not feel too much OCD with them next to other HS standard paint jobs.
I was going to wait to see how the Varkaanan figures are shown on the finalized C3V cards, but now you have me considering adding the details ahead of time.

I think your choice of a "painting" prize was a good choice.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Hymar's_Temple
1moreheroscaper's_Customs
War_of_the_Great_Wellspring
Old January 6th, 2013, 10:02 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Wow, those are incredible!
Old January 6th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
...I decided to skip over the castle set and take this as my prize.
I don't care how good you may have played, I'm ready to declare that as easily your best move of the day.

Awesome job, Rosencrantz!

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK
Old January 6th, 2013, 05:51 PM

beholderthedm knows what's in an order marker beholderthedm knows what's in an order marker beholderthedm knows what's in an order marker

Totally - masterful work and a truly awesome prize.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorlof View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
...I decided to skip over the castle set and take this as my prize.
I don't care how good you may have played, I'm ready to declare that as easily your best move of the day.

Awesome job, Rosencrantz!

Trades

WoW customs - I'd love to get some awesome looking WoW minis on my Heroscape maps. Please lend me your expert advice.

My travel blog
Old January 9th, 2013, 08:32 AM

El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Seriously awesome! I hear that well-painted figures roll better dice... if so.. those are all skulls!

Louisville Monthly Tournament
"I am a much better player than my record would indicate."
Old January 10th, 2013, 01:15 PM

Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Fantastic!
Old January 10th, 2013, 02:51 PM
Girl (Super)Power!

Strange_Love rolls all skulls baby! Strange_Love rolls all skulls baby! Strange_Love rolls all skulls baby! Strange_Love rolls all skulls baby!

awesome paint job!

Old January 10th, 2013, 02:54 PM
Your wish is my command, Chief Underpants Eater

ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I remember working hard back in the day to paint my warhammer armies, so I can appreciate these works of art. You have some real gems here! Amazing figures.

“Have you ever hoped for something? And held out for it against all the odds? Until everything you did was ridiculous? "
Old January 22nd, 2013, 12:09 PM
Popsicle stick Admiral

Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Thanks for sharing! Love how the look now I am staring at my wolves thinking ... So fail....

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs