Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old March 30th, 2010, 06:40 PM

vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Book of Fyorlag Spiders

I've been digging the spiders since the release of the Wyvern, and I've been toying around with a 600 point army with another figure I've been playing a good bit lately, the MRT. The army is:

Spidersx3
Wyvern
Mittens
Brave Arrow
MRTx3

I haven't got to play this yet but I like the way it looks. I've had some success lately with the MRT and Mittens and I think the spiders/Wyvern will make them even better. The MRT are about speed and peppering enemies with range while your moving in to get into melee combat. Talon Grab could bring back an enemy squad on OM1 to try and steal an order marker then give the MRT 2 OM's to do some damage, or drag a hero back to have the MRT rip into him with BA. It would also help the spiders and the MRT get adjacent to use their abilities. Thoughts?

Dustin
Old March 30th, 2010, 06:49 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertigosmooth View Post
I've been digging the spiders since the release of the Wyvern, and I've been toying around with a 600 point army with another figure I've been playing a good bit lately, the MRT. The army is:

Spidersx3
Wyvern
Mittens
Brave Arrow
MRTx3
I enjoy this army a lot. One thing I might do is replace a squad of Spiders with Theracus. Then you can use Braveracus early game to try and assassinate a hero, or get BA to a glyph and in position for when the Mohicans engage. Plus, with just one Wyvern and no Estivara, 2 squads of Spiders oughtta be enough.

I've been messing around with this army lately:

Wyvern - 100
Fyorlag Spiders x3 - 220
Estivara - 300
Venoc Warlord - 420

I've speculated about adding more Spiders, Zetacron, Braveracus, Vipers, and all sorts of things. I really like the base of this army.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old March 30th, 2010, 07:02 PM

vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vertigosmooth View Post

Spidersx3
Wyvern
Mittens
Brave Arrow
MRTx3
I enjoy this army a lot. One thing I might do is replace a squad of Spiders with Theracus. Then you can use Braveracus early game to try and assassinate a hero, or get BA to a glyph and in position for when the Mohicans engage. Plus, with just one Wyvern and no Estivara, 2 squads of Spiders oughtta be enough.

I've been messing around with this army lately:

Wyvern - 100
Fyorlag Spiders x3 - 220
Estivara - 300
Venoc Warlord - 420

I've speculated about adding more Spiders, Zetacron, Braveracus, Vipers, and all sorts of things. I really like the base of this army.

Ya, I think your right without Estivara the spiders are more of a screen than an offensive force. I'll switch one squad out for Theracus when I play it.

Dustin
Old March 30th, 2010, 07:05 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

You should add Wyvern to predator untis and add the ability to synergize eith Estivara.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old April 12th, 2010, 12:11 PM

BurnyFlame has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by scapemage921 View Post
You should add Wyvern to predator untis and add the ability to synergize eith Estivara.
I would update it if I could, but here are the links to whoever does have "the power:"

Wyvern Book
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=29573
Estivara Book
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...18#post1047618
Old April 12th, 2010, 06:37 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnyFlame View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by scapemage921 View Post
I would update it if I could, but here are the links to whoever does have "the power:"

Wyvern Book
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=29573
Estivara Book
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...18#post1047618
Thanks...I did the editing.
Old April 15th, 2010, 04:44 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

How about:
Wyvern x 2 - 200
Estivara - 280
Fyorlag Spiders x N - Point Total

N is as many as you can get under chosen point total with 7 being the max to get to 24 spaces. So at 560, it would be ideal with this army set up. Basically Estiva + Spiders is like a Tealord + rats/vipers, but cheaper and with bonding (only 3 spiders per activation, but also one Predator).
You can always add Venoc Warlord too if you have the points, but I would rather add Raelin.
Old April 15th, 2010, 07:09 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
How about:
Wyvern x 2 - 200
Estivara - 280
Fyorlag Spiders x N - Point Total

N is as many as you can get under chosen point total with 7 being the max to get to 24 spaces. So at 560, it would be ideal with this army set up. Basically Estiva + Spiders is like a Tealord + rats/vipers, but cheaper and with bonding (only 3 spiders per activation, but also one Predator).
You can always add Venoc Warlord too if you have the points, but I would rather add Raelin.
Raelin eats only 2 squads in terms of points. That leavse 5; 4 if the point total is 520. I have found that Move 7 with the spiders, when they are backed by Wyverns, is plenty.

Old April 16th, 2010, 08:39 AM

TnT2 knows what's in an order marker TnT2 knows what's in an order marker TnT2 knows what's in an order marker

I have faced a fair number of spider armies over the last few weeks. And let me say, they are really starting to bug me

With multiple predators to choose from, they get good bonding. With Estivara, they even gain a decent combat capability.

But, the biggest issue, they cause havoc in OM management.

If you have a heavy bonding army, or one with lots of commons, you have to be very careful where you put your OMs in case the spiders web them away.

On a small map, move 7 means they can usually close in on ranged figures fairly easily. Even the vaunted all-valiant army with too many 4th will be in trouble if they lose too many OM.

Of course, the fact they bond with Sujoah can make them a potent anti-hero unit as well (My opponent, Andy, once did one wound to Charos. Then proceeded to roll 10+ until Charos was dead. And usually he is so unlucky. I guess he saved it up for that roll. Needless to say, my Greenscale Warriors were not quite as useful after that....)
Old April 16th, 2010, 09:32 PM

andyhartog Woo who?

Hey I take resemblence to that.

Scapers of the world unite!!! And Have fun!!!

"The challenge in life is to be challenged"
andyhartog
Old August 26th, 2010, 02:44 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

with the Drow chick these guys are becoming better and better.

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old April 8th, 2013, 04:59 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

Can you select two different targets for entangling web in a given turn?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units